2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the prime of my life at 21 :pimp:
the-lies-kandi-burruss.gif

For the folks who "feel" older, do you have significant others and kids?

I feel like all my friends that always talk about feeling older and washed, tired are living the family life.

Yes, got both. And I equate living the family life to a part of my washedness.

before the little one My wife and I used to go out on weekends, turn tf up, stumble into an after hours spot, order hella food, get back to the crib 3am/4am-ish. Wake up next morning, brunch then hit the day party, then pull up to the night spot. Repeat every weekend...

Fast forward to present day, we got a bossy *** two year old that runs the house :lol: weekends consist of Little Baby Bum on repeat, or attending Birthday Parties with multiple little terrorists, hittin the playgrounds for hours, and cleaning up the house multiple times a day because it just got destroyed by him again.

My parents come in town every couple of months, and when they do, we go out on weekends and that **** is super mild/tame compared to before :lol:

Last time we left the crib at like 9pm, hit a lil lounge spot...ordered some drinks n food...around 11pm we looked at eachother and just nodded our head like "yep"....We were back at the crib in bed watchin Netflix at 11:45pm.

Even when we go outta town its different. Beforehand we were just straight wylin...hittin all the spots, out all night. Now vacations we probably have one TURNT night lol then the rest of the days are very structured and consist of sight seeing and trying different restaurants. Wayy different than just shootin from the hip as before.

But I dont look at being Washed as a bad thing, because honestly the things I was partaking in beforehand I really dont have much interests in at all any more. Dont get me wrong, I def be needing my couple days where I can get out and have a good time, but all in all I prefer being with the fam nowadays then the streets.

Last edited:
Yes, got both. And I equate living the family life to a part of my washedness.

before the little one My wife and I used to go out on weekends, turn tf up, stumble into an after hours spot, order hella food, get back to the crib 3am/4am-ish. Wake up next morning, brunch then hit the day party, then pull up to the night spot. Repeat every weekend...

Fast forward to present day, we got a bossy *** two year old that runs the house :lol: weekends consist of Little Baby Bum on repeat, or attending Birthday Parties with multiple little terrorists, hittin the playgrounds for hours, and cleaning up the house multiple times a day because it just got destroyed by him again.

My parents came in town every couple of months, and when they do, we go out on weekends and that **** is super mild/tame compared to before :lol:

Last time we left the crib at like 9pm, hit a lil lounge spot...ordered some drinks n food...around 11pm we looked at eachother and just nodded our head like "yep"....We were back at the crib in bed watchin Netflix at 11:45pm.

But I dont look at being Washed as a bad thing, because honestly the things I was partaking in beforehand I really dont have much interests in at all any more. Dont get me wrong, I def be needing my couple days where I can get out and have a good time, but all in all I prefer being with the fam nowadays then the streets.
Thought I partied hard but I’m seeing someone who legit goes to after hours and we’re talking don’t go home til like 7

Never experienced that in my life and got me really knowing my limits now lol

I think if you have a significant other and/or kids, there's a point where you have to wash yourself.

Sure you gotta look out for someone besides yourself but it’s some dudes that stop working out, stop trying to be cool, stop being fresh, start talking about “back in my day.” That ain’t got nothing to do with kids. I got a homie the same age as me, NO idea what he’s doing with his hair but he’s taperless. He couldn’t tell you the last time he bought some sneakers he wanted. He just wants to be old

Sure you gotta look out for someone besides yourself but it’s some dudes that stop working out, stop trying to be cool, stop being fresh, start talking about “back in my day.” That ain’t got nothing to do with kids. I got a homie the same age as me, NO idea what he’s doing with his hair but he’s taperless. He couldn’t tell you the last time he bought some sneakers he wanted. He just wants to be old

I'm more talking about the staying out late, partying, etc.

Comes a point in time where you gotta tell the boys you can't go out on Friday cause you're carving pumpkins & making cookies for halloween

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom