2022 NFL Playoffs?! Thread | Championship Sunday | AFCCG 3pm CBS | NFCCG 6:30 pm Fox

The Saints went to the SB in the 2009 season after winning the overtime coin toss against the Vikings in the NFC Championship.

The offense received, went just 20 yards, got into FG range, and New Orleans’ kicker Garrett Hartley banged it through dead center. Game over on a FG on the first drive of overtime.

That caused the rule to change the following year to only a TD can end it on the first drive of overtime.

It changed the course of history and the Vikings got screwed of course.

I still think the Bills should have a chance to get a TD if the Chiefs score on the first drive of OT. If no TD, the game is over.

AS ANTON CHIGURH SAID, THIS COIN TRAVELED SO MANY YEARS TO GET HERE

AND NOW IT’S HERE

AND YOU HAVE TO CALL IT

What a dumb thing, head or tails, only Harvey Dent is into that coin luck garbage

F69CFBC8-0193-487F-BC31-BDDD14526BC3.jpeg

that personal foul on Weddle not resulting in an automatic 1st down is a rule they might want to look at.

Maaaaan, I was in a real bad spot at that moment.

if i recall, didn't the chiefs bring up overtime rules changes after they loss to patriots, but the other owners and rule committee didn't want to hear about it

Not a fan of the OT rules either. I think both teams should get a possession. Or at least in the playoffs.

Like in NHL they have 3 on 3 OT then a shootout, but change it for the postseason. I think the NFL could adopt something similar so it's a certain format in the regular season then changed for the postseason.

I also want the NBA to get rid of the "jump ball" aside from the opening tip. Not trying to see a ref throw it in the air sideways while Ja Morant and Joel Embiid jump up for it. Do possession arrows or something else.
One recommendation I heard that I don’t hate is eliminate OT during the regular season. Then have teams play a full quarter of OT in the playoffs. Still tied after that goes to sudden death, next score wins period.

Sure you’ll get a handful of regular season ties but so what? And the league can say it helps promote player safety and go to tiebreaker criteria for playoff seeding. In the playoffs, at least each team should get a possession and an entire quarter to prove they are the better team.

Personally, I don’t think the OT rules need to change. All three phases matter and Bills D, and arguably ST, couldn’t make a play when needed.

There's not another OC that could have called two plays that covered 50yds in 12sec in that situation

As I said he deserves a HC job

But I know daboll running that offense.. nor to discredit EB, but dude got Reid, mahomes and the cheat code

Turning Allen into this is not something I thought was possible.. this is what cam shoulda been

I need more football after that weekend we had. I'm going through withdrawals.

There should be a tournament during the week days for draft picks broken into 4 teams. Worst 4 teams battle it out, winner gets #1 pick...so on and so forth :lol:

He is definitely a great OC that deserves a HC job but he’s also got a top 1-3 QB, top 1-2 TE, and one of the fastest receivers in the league.

Back
Top Bottom