2022 NFL Playoffs?! Thread | Championship Sunday | AFCCG 3pm CBS | NFCCG 6:30 pm Fox

this makes no sense to me with some of re-treads and some of the very young and IMO inexperienced coordinators
Holding Andy against him doesn't make sense either to me, at least not a rational one if you're an owner/GM. How many DC's has Bill gotten HC gigs for over the years?

We have these coaching trees across the league for this very reason

The sad part going be when mike Kafka gets a HC job before him

pederson was the OC for 2 years, 1 of which was the year they had zero TDs from the WRs.. Nagy was OC for a year

Holding Andy against him doesn't make sense either to me, at least not a rational one if you're an owner/GM. How many DC's has Bill gotten HC gigs for over the years?

yeah agreed. didn't it come out last year (in rumor form) that EB just doesn't interview well? I don't recall hearing detail on what exactly was meant by that but I do remember hearing that. either way, don't have to be charismatic (and every HC certainly isn't) to be a good HC

and we’ve actually seen dudes from Andy’s coaching tree actually succeed elsewhere

doug won a Super Bowl... buffalo’s HC.. ravens HC.. reich was under Doug.. Ron Rivera

Unless he comes into interviews like Black Bush that isht sounds like something made up by the good ol boys to spoon feed the media to cover they *** 😂🤦🏾‍♂️
dave-peace.gif

yeah agreed. didn't it come out last year (in rumor form) that EB just doesn't interview well? I don't recall hearing detail on what exactly was meant by that but I do remember hearing that. either way, don't have to be charismatic (and every HC certainly isn't) to be a good HC
Yeah I always heard he doesn't interview well. Have zero idea what that means in terms of football. We've seen some dudes sound clueless their first days on the Job. You're telling me Dan Campbell is this rockstar interview in comparison, really? :lol:

His DUI and assault charge get brought up alot as well

Teams can hire whoever they want but it blows my mind this guy can't get a chance to succeed or hell even fail

Yeah I always heard he doesn't interview well. Have zero idea what that means in terms of football. We've seen some dudes sound clueless their first days on the Job. You're telling me Dan Campbell is this rockstar interview in comparison, really? :lol:

His DUI and assault charge get brought up alot as well

Teams can hire whoever they want but it blows my mind this guy can't get a chance to succeed or hell even fail

no better example than hoodie

how many black coaches would be able to get another shot if they had a situation like hoodie did with Cleveland

I'm not surprised at anything the NFL does, but that doesn't interview well is a bunch of 🐂 💩 and wildly disrespectful. How is he even a coordinator and a leader of grown men in the first place

I'm not surprised at anything the NFL does, but that doesn't interview well is a bunch of 🐂 💩 and wildly disrespectful. How is he even a coordinator and a leader of grown men in the first place

it’s football, either the dude can coach or he cant

who the f cares if dude can interview well

we saw McCarthy for years in Green Bay then he came with some BS about how he studied analytics and then he spent the night drinking blue with jerruh

ive always wondered what the interviews are like for these coaches. high level philosophy? detailed and specific philosophy in certain situations? vision for the type of team you want to build? willingness to build a program around the GM's eye for talent? im sure all of the above and more but would love to see or hear specifics on what kinda things they go over

EB used to coach the cu buffs football team as a running backs coach, but he would always be in the huddle for kickoffs on the sideline. He would get those guys pumped up even when they were down by quite a bit a few times. You also always knew where he was on the sideline. Sure it’s college, but if he can have that big of an impact on the sidelines, I feel it’s likely he will do well as a head coach. HC is more of a “manager” than anything in my opinion… and I think he really has the skills to succeed at it.

ive always wondered what the interviews are like for these coaches. high level philosophy? detailed and specific philosophy in certain situations? vision for the type of team you want to build? willingness to build a program around the GM's eye for talent? im sure all of the above and more but would love to see or hear specifics on what kinda things they go over

think it depends on the team and what they got going.. if GM is making the decisions or the coach is first priority and they control shh.. how much value they’re going put on certain things

also going have an idea of who you can get to join you realistically.. I think that part hurt joe brady last year

but publicly, people really hold onto some dumb shh

like I remember it being a story sirianni didn’t have a suit for his interview.. the man going coach football, greatest coach ever throws on a cut up hoodie every year or Andy in all his hawaiian shirts

the nervous public speak I got a little more given you gotta do the job in front a shh ton of people.. but again we watch hoodie and Reid mumble their ways through press conferences all the damn time

This. I'm very interested in learning this.

This is giving owners too much credit imo. We all know none of them have the football acumen like the men they are interviewing.

I'm interviewing for the Texans job this week, I'll let you know. Something about Rooney rule qualifications, idk.

This is giving owners too much credit imo. We all know none of them have the football acumen like the men they are interviewing.

the issue is when they think they do…

that’s why you gotta know how your team’s owner gets down.. how involved are they going be.. how much are they going trust their people.. can they read the room

just need to check how the guys made their money and ain’t hard to see how things going work out.. also gotta see how much of an ego those guys have

aint hard to see why the mavs and cowboys, for example, are in the positions their in

the issue is when they think they do…

that’s why you gotta know how your team’s owner gets down.. how involved are they going be.. how much are they going trust their people.. can they read the room

just need to check how the guys made their money and ain’t hard to see how things going work out.. also gotta see how much of an ego those guys have

aint hard to see why the mavs and cowboys, for example, are in the positions their in
Whats wrong with the Mavs and Cowboys?

Back
Top Bottom