2022 NFL Playoffs?! Thread | Championship Sunday | AFCCG 3pm CBS | NFCCG 6:30 pm Fox

crying gif.gif

The Packers aren't the Cowboys or Pats :lol:, they've been media and public darlings my whole life so dude is being deluded

The Cowboys' last Forbes valuation put them at $6.5 billion.
Jerry Jones bought the team for $140 million.

I cannot even fathom what owning a pro sports team is like, let alone an NFL team, let alone the golden goose Dallas Cowboys. Jerry can run that team to the ground, have generations go by seeing almost no success, and his money quadruples every other year anyway and every TV network is non stop Cowboy talk and pushing your brand further and further.

Gotta be hard to even care anymore about wins and losses.

amazing for him and his family, financially

for fans/consumers of the team/product, not so much

as a fan, only reason a care about profits is how that money could then be used to help the team succeed

best coaches.. best equipment.. smartest cap guys.. top scouts and investigators.. all the resources needed for everyone in the organization

The Cowboys' last Forbes valuation put them at $6.5 billion.
Jerry Jones bought the team for $140 million.

I cannot even fathom what owning a pro sports team is like, let alone an NFL team, let alone the golden goose Dallas Cowboys. Jerry can run that team to the ground, have generations go by seeing almost no success, and his money quadruples every other year anyway and every TV network is non stop Cowboy talk and pushing your brand further and further.

Gotta be hard to even care anymore about wins and losses.
but he cares more than most. At this point, money isn't an object. I bet he would give up $250M just to win a Super Bowl before he leaves.

but he cares more than most. At this point, money isn't an object. I bet he would give up $250M just to win a Super Bowl before he leaves.

This is where I disagree

Jerry obviously wants to win, but he wants to do it on his terms

Like he should give the bag to Sean Payton right now and get rid of McCarthy, think he going do that?

This is where I disagree

Jerry obviously wants to win, but he wants to do it on his terms

Like he should give the bag to Sean Payton right now and get rid of McCarthy, think he going do that?
What else would he have to give the Saints? Doesnt he have like 3 more years under contract?

I'm not sure Jerry thinks Payton is the answer. The Cowboys are not a coach/coaching staff away from winning it all. They have more issues than just McCarthy

Also I might have missed this, but are we even sure Payton even has a real interest in going back to Dallas? Aside from the same outlets just assuming the linking it cause it's glorious Dallas?

Also I might have missed this, but are we even sure Payton even has a real interest in going back to Dallas? Aside from the same outlets just assuming the linking it cause it's glorious Dallas?
He's the 'one that got away' for Jerrah and he was just saying last week that if someone like Belichick became available, he wouldn't hesitate moving heaven and earth to make it happen :lol:

Payton would be near that level a hire so folks are just putting 2 and 2 together.

Personally always thought that he'd eventually try to trade for him but looks like he won't even have to. Just pay off the Saints and negotiate with him directly :lol:

What else would he have to give the Saints? Doesnt he have like 3 more years under contract?

I'm not sure Jerry thinks Payton is the answer. The Cowboys are not a coach/coaching staff away from winning it all. They have more issues than just McCarthy

i think Peyton would play out just like things did with parcells

but I think jerry f’d up hiring McCarthy in the first place.. he should have been first in line for Lincoln Riley, daboll or EB.. or you go to the shanahan tree since you want to value the running game to such a degree

I swear the way ppl talk about the SEC you would think it's Bama and Georgia top to bottom ever year
Definitely not but attendance wise no one really comes close tbf

They've got like 7-8 schools that have higher average attendance figures than all the biggest capacity stadiums in the league not named Jerry world :lol:

Definitely not but attendance wise no one really comes close tbf

They've got like 7-8 schools that have higher average attendances than the biggest capacity stadiums in the league :lol:
Oh for sure that's college ball for alot of spots. Michigan, OSU, ect. Burrow ain't lying but that doesn't mean 76k is negligible either :lol: especially when 10 other guys need to be on the same page with you

So that basically means McCarthy knows he won't get fired until Sean is done with Fox/CBS or wherever he goes

Back
Top Bottom