2022 NFL Playoffs?! Thread | Championship Sunday | AFCCG 3pm CBS | NFCCG 6:30 pm Fox

Whats wrong with the Mavs and Cowboys?

Overly visible owners who are clearly too involved to the detriment of their teams

You want a team owner that cares, but isn’t going make it too much about them

This goes for college football too, see university of texas and their priorities

The Mavs FO was wilding, but they've been one of the best run organizations in the league imo.
In the last 20 years, they've only missed the playoffs 4 times, and brought home a title.
(Should be 2!)
There are waaaay worse teams with private owners.
Mavs shouldn't be listed with the likes of the Cowboys & Longhorns.

image.jpg

“You ****** in trouble”

I’m in Arrowhead on Saturday let’s gooooooooo

The Mavs FO was wilding, but they've been one of the best run organizations in the league imo.
In the last 20 years, they've only missed the playoffs 4 times, and brought home a title.
(Should be 2!)
There are waaaay worse teams with private owners.
Mavs shouldn't be listed with the likes of the Cowboys & Longhorns.
Yep Mavs were up 2-0 and couldn't close the deal
That bounce back in 2011 was ultimate

There's teams without highly visible owners in worse shape

I completely agree..

That’s why you need an owner that actually cares and is going spend money.. but is willing to hire good people and listen those people, use your money wisely.. hire assistant coaches, hire scouts, hire cap guys, best doctors, nutritionist

But you can’t have a guy who feels challenged by jimmy or doesnt take it as an insult when asked if the team should hire a GM

I completely agree..

That’s why you need an owner that actually cares and is going spend money.. but is willing to hire good people and listen those people, use your money wisely.. hire assistant coaches, hire scouts, hire cap guys, best doctors, nutritionist

But you can’t have a guy who feels challenged by jimmy or doesnt take it as an insult when asked if the team should hire a GM
Jerry Jones has 3 super bowl victories as an owner and GM

Regardless of what people think thats considered VERY SUCCESSFUL in the world of professional sports

Yes he's made mistakes but what CEO hasn't made a bad hire or misjudged talent

Jerry Jones has 3 super bowl victories as an owner and GM

Regardless of what people think thats considered VERY SUCCESSFUL in the world of professional sports

Yes he's made mistakes but what CEO hasn't made a bad hire or misjudged talent

this ain’t it

smartest thing he did was hire jimmy.. Then he ran off jimmy.. jimmy who still ain’t in that little ring of honor y’all got going

jimmy’s team won that 3rd tittle

team ain’t done shh since.. ain’t hard to look at jerry’s ownership of the cowboys.. look at the window with jimmy and then without jimmy.. jerry has had a quarter of a century to try get anywhere near what jimmy did and how that work out?

there is a reason mike McCarthy is the current coach and Jason garrett lasted as long as he did

it made way too much sense for cowboys to go after Lincoln Riley, did they even interview dude?

this ain’t it

smartest thing he did was hire jimmy.. Then he ran off jimmy.. jimmy who still ain’t in that little ring of honor y’all got going

jimmy’s team won that 3rd tittle

team ain’t done shh since.. ain’t hard to look at jerry’s ownership of the cowboys.. look at the window with jimmy and then without jimmy.. jerry has had a quarter of a century to try get anywhere near what jimmy did and how that work out?

there is a reason mike McCarthy is the current coach and Jason garrett lasted as long as he did

it made way too much sense for cowboys to go after Lincoln Riley, did they even interview dude?
Again, those are the same mistakes other owners and GMs have made

The media keeps talking about a team that you just pointed out is horrible at so many things because it makes money

Jerry plays the game and takes the heat because it makes him money

The hardest thing about being a cowboys fan is win or lose the owner makes money, so you're always wondering does he really care about losing?

Again, those are the same mistakes other owners and GMs have made

The media keeps talking about a team that you just pointed out is horrible at so many things because it makes money

Jerry plays the game and takes the heat because it makes him money

The hardest thing about being a cowboys fan is win or lose the owner makes money, so you're always wondering does he really care about losing?

i mean good for jerruh that he makes money

youre a fan of a team, not a shareholder

as someone who hates the cowboys, I love jerruh

as a Miami alum, I hate that jimmy went there and propped up any legacy jimmy has

but as a football it is disrespectful as hell that jerry got in the hall before jimmy and it’s even more disrespectful that the cowboys don’t have him in their ring of honor when the only actual success has come off of him

There is a reason the cowboys got 3 whole playoff wins in the last 25 years, only 1 constant over that period

also Denver aint slick with their finalists :lol:

not sold on any candidates the broncos are looking at. the green bay oc has to be tied to getting rodgers there. quinn is suspect. not sure of rams oc is the one calling the shots or mcvay.

Maybe don’t spray people with champagne (or other liquids) that didn’t sign up for it…

She sucks. His brother sucks. The visible family sucks. This social media generation sucks.

You don’t want people to attack you **** social media. Go to the games. Cheer on your fiancé and then go home. Don’t make it about you. When she is at games she should be seen and not heard.

Should be weird to her how no other player WAG has been getting 'attacked' though...

Think the difference is that they don't open themselves up to backlash by acting like dickheads in public and being attention starved on social media :lol:

#15's family is insufferable at times, won't ever change my opinion on him though. Dude is gonna be top 10 DOA in my book with ring no.2

i mean good for jerruh that he makes money

youre a fan of a team, not a shareholder

as someone who hates the cowboys, I love jerruh

as a Miami alum, I hate that jimmy went there and propped up any legacy jimmy has

but as a football it is disrespectful as hell that jerry got in the hall before jimmy and it’s even more disrespectful that the cowboys don’t have him in their ring of honor when the only actual success has come off of him

There is a reason the cowboys got 3 whole playoff wins in the last 25 years, only 1 constant over that period
Cowboys fans I know dont talk about Jerry Jones
Thats TV and radio playing people for ratings
We don't sit around debating who should be in the F'n ring of honor

Playoff wins mean nothing
Only super bowls count

The Cowboys' last Forbes valuation put them at $6.5 billion.
Jerry Jones bought the team for $140 million.

I cannot even fathom what owning a pro sports team is like, let alone an NFL team, let alone the golden goose Dallas Cowboys. Jerry can run that team to the ground, have generations go by seeing almost no success, and his money quadruples every other year anyway and every TV network is non stop Cowboy talk and pushing your brand further and further.

Gotta be hard to even care anymore about wins and losses.

Remember when some people said they were going to boycott the NFL and the viewership would drop?

Back
Top Bottom