2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
My pop is getting up there and was complaining he falls asleep on the games a lot now and I told him it's easy to do when team is up by 25 going into the half. I wind up channel surfing and flipping back to see if an actual competitive game broke out or not.

This has been such a great playoffs - people being victims of the moment.

Steph spanking Luka should of been expected by more of you. The Suns just crumbled for no reason.

This Celtics Heat series is trash but we all knew it would be. Durant vs Giannis is what we all really wanted to see and it fell apart.

Looney or Wiggins winning WCFMVP.

Steph been West coast Max Strooss.

The irony is that Ant Man was not a safe movie to make and it crushed it. People gotta just make better stories.

No one wants to see Al Pacino play an Irish mafia guy and do nothing but talk for the 30th time.
better stories and Paul Rudd was at his peak when Ant Man was made.

It has arrived :pimp:
925E918E-BC33-4D48-8D0B-49E1A9653E0E.jpeg

"We just gotta be more physical. Like I said, when you shoot a lot of jump shots, which we tended to do tonight, it's hard to get to the free throw line. I think we have to be more of the forceful type team, get in the paint, not shying away from contact, and playing from the inside-out. And so whenever we do that and not shoot as many jumpers...we might get fouled a little bit."

-Jimmy Butler, during the post game presser.

No reason why Bam shouldn't be averaging 22 pts, 14 rebs, and 3 blks this series. Inside-Out play is what wins chips, not chucking three pointers like most other teams in this league do night in night out
Bam isn’t capable of scoring against the Horford/Timelord combo like that. And Jimmy isn’t getting as many looks at the rim with them both in the game either.

You could say that about any blockbuster getting released. It's all about the money. All you could do is support what you like.

That's my point lol. Too much energy being put into these movies IMO.

Essentially the same reason studios will sign trash artists because they appeal to the masses while the talented, less "poppy" dude takes a back seat.

No I'm not saying comic movies are trash. Seems like there's a little over saturation though.

Bam isn’t capable of scoring against the Horford/Timelord combo like that. And Jimmy isn’t getting as many looks at the rim with them both in the game either.
those 2 Celtic Bigs were the difference. the Heat and Bam were scared to death going inside or posting up. once those 2 go to the bench, Bam and the Heat started attacking the basket. the Celtics didn't shot that insanely from 3 last night but the Heat were still steamrolled.

Attachments

• O6FGCLOT7CIKSCE63HEO36HHU4.jpg
    O6FGCLOT7CIKSCE63HEO36HHU4.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 205
  • DEJDGQNMDJA5DJYUHI6BIA5FQA.jpg
    DEJDGQNMDJA5DJYUHI6BIA5FQA.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 363
No. Tell those people to come up with better stories then they will get their movies made.

They do. You can find them sometimes but they fly under the radar and there aren't enough.. They're just not as popular and they don't get a great budget because the masses dictate demand for these dozens of superhero movies and Fast and Furious, sequels, remakes, etc.

While Bam has only averaged 14 and 8 vs BOS in regular season this year, Miami has to find ways to vary their attack. They are predictable on offense. From a Miami standpoint, although Horford and Timelord are solid defensively, thr Heat still has to continue to attack them hard to put the pressure right back on them.

They're just not using Bam as a primary option on offense either. I'd run more PNR with him and mix it up with some post ups and see if BOS will double team, which can allow things to open up for the Heat offense.

Jimmy can get what he wants, inside or outside the paint. The problem is, he can't be the only one always looking to carry them. Oladipo has to be a lot more involved with the playmaking on offense so that the Celtics' team efense don't always key in on Lowry and Jimmy. Oladipo has to be even more oa threat on offense much like Dragic was for MIA when they went to the Finals in 2020 since it's Lowry isn’t what he used to be.

That's my point lol. Too much energy being put into these movies IMO.

Essentially the same reason studios will sign trash artists because they appeal to the masses while the talented, less "poppy" dude takes a back seat.

No I'm not saying comic movies are trash. Seems like there's a little over saturation though.
Feel like the over saturation point was reached a long time ago and I expected audience fatigue with the superhero movies by now, but it hasn’t happened.

I guess I’m too old to accurately predict the behavior of the demographic that spends money going to movies.

Feel like the over saturation point was reached a long time ago and I expected audience fatigue with the superhero movies by now, but it hasn’t happened.

I guess I’m too old to accurately predict the behavior of the demographic that spends money going to movies.

Yeah it's wild. Dudes I work with still get excited when they drop. Seems really redundant. To each his own I suppose.

While Bam has only averaged 14 and 8 vs BOS in regular season this year, Miami has to find ways to vary their attack. They are predictable on offense. From a Miami standpoint, although Horford and Timelord are solid defensively, thr Heat still has to continue to attack them hard to put the pressure right back on them.

They're just not using Bam as a primary option on offense either. I'd run more PNR with him and mix it up with some post ups and see if BOS will double team, which can allow things to open up for the Heat offense.

Jimmy can get what he wants, inside or outside the paint. The problem is, he can't be the only one always looking to carry them. Oladipo has to be a lot more involved with the playmaking on offense so that the Celtics' team efense don't always key in on Lowry and Jimmy. Oladipo has to be even more oa threat on offense much like Dragic was for MIA when they went to the Finals in 2020 since it's Lowry isn’t what he used to be.
Boston doesn't need to double Bam if they have the big man combo in. He has a bit of a limited bag offensively and he's not as physically imposing as some of the other guys in the East like Yanni and Embiid. Rob and Al are two of the best defensive bigs in the league.

Jimmy can get his own defender into the paint, but he then has not one but two rim protectors to worry about once he gets there.

All boils down to what personnel is available for Boston. If the Cs have their guys, they should win relatively easily because they make it too difficult for Miami to score in the halfcourt.

They do. You can find them sometimes but they fly under the radar and there aren't enough.. They're just not as popular and they don't get a great budget because the masses dictate demand for these dozens of superhero movies and Fast and Furious, sequels, remakes, etc.

These guys don’t what they’re talking about. Apparently some of them still have superhero covers on their bed. That went completely unnoticed btw…

This place cannot be real. 😭

I started it Sunday night and fell asleep within 30 minutes.
When the lights off at night, it's hard as hell for me to stay up past 30 minutes.
That joint 3 hours too. 😴
Whenever I watch a movie past 10PM it’s over for me :lol:. My girl doesn’t understand how I can stay up til 1AM watching playoff games but every time we turn on a movie it’s over before we’re even half way through

Dubs finish things off tonight or Dallas delays the inevitable? 👀

-foe

Dallas gets a game or two this series...I still believe. Warriors in 6.

Dallas is due for a BIG night with it's role players, and GS will turn the ball over into a loss. Plus, close out games are very tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom