2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
People in here have constantly put Steph in the same conversations with the likes of MJ, Bron, Magic etc.

You can’t do that and not hold him to the same standards. Y’all want to praise him like an All time great (which he is) but shield him from the criticism that all time greats have to deal with.

That’s lame.

Oh no no no this is a major copput answer. My post has nothing to do with the people who do what you are claiming. I'm talking about YOU and all of the legion of Lebron fans who constantly use players that you feel are vastly inferior players, and use them as a measuring stick for Bron.

I got no problem with Steph until dudes put him in the same category as bron and mj. as far as im concerned its 1 and 2 then everyone else.

the homage for this dude who disappears and pouts when his shot aint falling is wild to me. dude had one good game last night and now he's in everyones good graces meanwhile he been throwing up stinkers this entire playoffs.

Curry is 1 billion percent on Mt Rushmore. You're wild'n. He's as iconic as anyone ever before him. He literally changed the way ball is played for generations to come. Same way Mike did. Same way a.i. did. Same way Kobe did.

No shade to bron. He's as amazing as they come too. But no amount of practice will give someone his physical gifts to change the game for everyone else moving forward. His style really just works for him. Bron changed the game by wanting to stack the deck and wanting all star teams.
So who is on your Mt. Rushmore?

MJ?
Steph
Kobe
______ ?

freeze freeze I been with the ****s. Curry been a top 10 goat. Curry better than bird. Gtf off me. Bird would be joe Ingles in today's game
Actually I have no problem with this. We're painting a picture. The basketball knowledge it takes to think Curry is a GOAT is on par with the basketball knowledge it takes to think Joe Ingles = Larry Bird.

-foe

freeze freeze I been with the ****s. Curry been a top 10 goat. Curry better than bird. Gtf off me. Bird would be joe Ingles in today's game
They dont want to believe it
They laughed when he won mvps and we said he was on his way passing magic. This chip will leave no doubt that he is at the very least the point god. Steph up there with the all time greats already. This chip stregthens the argument.

No bias
Only facts

Oh no no no this is a major copput answer. My post has nothing to do with the people who do what you are claiming. I'm talking about YOU and all of the legion of Lebron fans who constantly use players that you feel are vastly inferior players, and use them as a measuring stick for Bron.

Show me where I’ve done it.

Or have I just taken a critic on Bron and put the same one on Steph?

Lebron
  • 4× NBA champion
  • 4× NBA Finals MVP
  • 4× NBA Most Valuable Player
  • 13× All-NBA First Team
  • 3× All-NBA Second Team
  • 2× All-NBA Third Team
  • 5× NBA All-Defensive First Team
  • NBA All-Defensive Second Team
  • NBA Rookie of the Year
  • NBA scoring champion
  • NBA assists leader

Magic
  • 5× NBA champion
  • 3× NBA Finals MVP
  • 3× NBA Most Valuable Player
  • 9× All-NBA First Team
  • All-NBA Second Team
  • NBA All-Rookie Team
  • 4× NBA assists leader
  • 2× NBA steals leader

Curry
  • 3× NBA champion
  • 2× NBA Most Valuable Player
  • 4× All-NBA First Team
  • 3× All-NBA Second Team
  • All-NBA Third Team
  • 2× NBA scoring champion
  • NBA steals leader

Bird was already on the decline due to back problems when I started really following the NBA and I didn't get to see him play that often because League Pass didn't exist. Even with that, I saw some dominant performances from him.

My opinion of him is also heavily influenced by all the NBA players who played against who I've heard say he was an absolute killer and one of the all time-greats. Most recently Rex Chapman on a radio show last Friday. Rex said Bird was so good that he came up with games-within-the-game for himself to make things more challenging. Like the game he only shot left-handed.

They dont want to believe it
They laughed when he won mvps and we said he was on his way passing magic. This chip will leave no doubt that he is at the very least the point god. Steph up there with the all time greats already. This chip stregthens the argument.

No bias
Only facts
Avy to post ratio = quite strong.

Show me where I’ve done it.

Or have I just taken a critic on Bron and put the same one on Steph?

Lolwut?

You literally JUST said you hold Lebron and Curry to the same standards (post 45666). It's what prompted my original reply to you. :lol:

In the shooting guard section.

-foe
057dfe195dd1b207ee4e5777ac3b345b.gif

Steph Curry doesn't rank above Lebron or Magic in the All-time PG list

But we in the era of positionless basketball now so none of that **** matters anymore

Last edited:
057dfe195dd1b207ee4e5777ac3b345b.gif

Steph Curry doesn't rank above Lebron or Magic in the All-time PG list

But we in the era of positionless basketball now so none of that **** matters anymore
And I think that's exactly why Steph Stans fight for him to remain in the PG slot, because they know the conversation can reasonably begin with him right behind Magic. Categorize him by the shooting guard position that he actually plays on the court and we've got Jordan, Kobe, Wade? right off the top.

-foe

What’s facilitating? Creating offense for your teammates? What do you think happens when teams double Steph out to half court? How many layups has Draymond had off DHOs where he keeps it because they double Steph? How many wide open layups have guys had because you have to locate Steph in transition?

We saw a play in game 3 where he attracted 4 Boston defenders and got loon a dunk. He had 48 ball screens last game. They run everything through they just change the point of attack.

You know why Stockton and Kidd never won? They couldn’t create enough offense. You know why Magic and Isiah won? They could go get a bucket when their team needed it. The game is about buckets. Always has been

Show me a traditional PG and I’ll show you a guy that has never been to the promise land.

Can he facilitate
1A506ABC-91CC-455C-903F-49ECCDBEE891.gif

And I think that's exactly why Steph Stans fight for him to remain in the PG slot, because they know the conversation can reasonably begin with him right behind Magic. Categorize him by the shooting guard position that he actually plays on the court and we've got Jordan, Kobe, Wade? right off the top.

-foe

Better than Wade. Been better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom