2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s facilitating? Creating offense for your teammates? What do you think happens when teams double Steph out to half court? How many layups has Draymond had off DHOs where he keeps it because they double Steph? How many wide open layups have guys had because you have to locate Steph in transition?

We saw a play in game 3 where he attracted 4 Boston defenders and got loon a dunk. He had 48 ball screens last game. They run everything through they just change the point of attack.

You know why Stockton and Kidd never won? They couldn’t create enough offense. You know why Magic and Isiah won? They could go get a bucket when their team needed it. The game is about buckets. Always has been

Show me a traditional PG and I’ll show you a guy that has never been to the promise land.

Can he facilitate
1A506ABC-91CC-455C-903F-49ECCDBEE891.gif
I guess this didn't happen
EkGUT43U4AA2SZA.jpg

I got no problem with Steph until dudes put him in the same category as bron and mj. as far as im concerned its 1 and 2 then everyone else.

the homage for this dude who disappears and pouts when his shot aint falling is wild to me. dude had one good game last night and now he's in everyones good graces meanwhile he been throwing up stinkers this entire playoffs.
Curry has been solid ALL 4 games bro.

Hes averaging 25 points for the whole playoffs, and isnt he averaging thirty something in the finals?

For me, the Lebron-Steph conversation is different. It is not that Steph is on Lebrons level in terms of legacy.

It's that Curry was able to build a dynasty on Lebrons watch. Curry isn't better than Bron. But the fact that Curry was able to accomplish what he has during Lebron's run is a huge stain on Lebron's legacy IMO.

Could you imagine if the Jazz went to 5 finals in a row and won 3 rings, all 3 of which were against the Bulls, during Jordan's era? No way would people call Jordan the GOAT if all that happened.

So yeah it's not that Steph > Bron as much as it is that Steph is a huge reason why the GOAT debate swings easily in Jordans favor.

Last edited:
Bird was already on the decline due to back problems when I started really following the NBA and I didn't get to see him play that often because League Pass didn't exist. Even with that, I saw some dominant performances from him.

My opinion of him is also heavily influenced by all the NBA players who played against who I've heard say he was an absolute killer and one of the all time-greats. Most recently Rex Chapman on a radio show last Friday. Rex said Bird was so good that he came up with games-within-the-game for himself to make things more challenging. Like the game he only shot left-handed.
Pretty much witnessed Bird's entire career and everything you have read and heard about Bird is the real deal Holyfield. Larry def top 10 All Time and next to Russell he is arguably the greatest Celtic ever

I guess this didn't happen
EkGUT43U4AA2SZA.jpg

"He BaReLy pLaYeD. ThAt WaS aLL DiRk" in 3... 2...

-foe

LOL. That title he won at almost 40 as the 4th best player doesn’t even vault him in the top 5. Yall not being serious. This is goat talk
I don't think Kidd was even the third best player when the Mavs won that title in 2011.

You could argue Barea was just as important

Curry finally went big duck mode. No front running he wanted the smoke early and delivered. Hope he keeps that switch flipped on for the rest of his career.

Boy definitely went nutty.

And the fact that when they asked him about that moment, he said he "had to let everybody know we were here tonight. Whether that's their crowd, their team, our team, whoever wants to see that energy and that fire...".

whoo.png

All the smoke indeed.

I mean, he's screaming "THIS IS MY HOUSE!" to the Celtics and their fans in THEIR house. :sick:

This era of positionless basketball or moving parts, like legit having Lebron play PG despite being a truck, and Embiid being a knock down 3-pter, it muddies the water of all time position conversations.

I know this won't be good enough to satisfy a lot of die hard Steph Stans, but I can confidently say Steph is far and away the best combo guard I've ever seen. And if we just have a guard conversation with no respect to point- or shooting-, I don't think he tops Magic, Jordan, or Kobe, but I don't have him behind Kidd (I know people don't have Kidd very high on their all time lists, but I do, and I think he is criminally underrated).

-foe

Where does Curry even rank among all time PGs?
I was listening to Zach Lowe argue his position as a top five PG (after Perk made the hot take).

Zach’s argument is that although he doesn’t have direct assists, he’s still assisting team mates with his activities on offense.

Having said that, he’s below Kidd, CP3, Magic, Stockton and Lebron on all time assists. And then point wise, he’s way behind Kareem, Lebron, Kobe, MJ, Malone, etc.

I think Steph is one of the best players this generation but to say he’s on the Mount Rushmore?

It's really not that hard to call Steph a PG

We don't have to overcomplicate basketball sometimes
Because it's convenient? Or because when anyone watches him play they would organically have the impression "Oh, that's the PG"?

-foe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom