2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whatever one choses to attribute MJ being "under the weather" during this game, it was a legendary performance.

Thank you. That is all.

Money looks toasted in that screenshot. I'm curious where he took more shots, the court or the bar

And I think that's exactly why Steph Stans fight for him to remain in the PG slot, because they know the conversation can reasonably begin with him right behind Magic. Categorize him by the shooting guard position that he actually plays on the court and we've got Jordan, Kobe, Wade? right off the top.

-foe
If curry is a 2 guard, no better two to be behind than Goat and Mamba.

Curry better than wade. And it's not close. I'm serious AF.

I think you have some recency bias.

Also "modern" basketball is a weird quantifier
Modern ball is a different game. Literally impossible to argue otherwise. They legit added a separate area of the floor worth more points. It's not weird, it's accurate.

Modern ball is a different game. Literally impossible to argue otherwise. They legit added a separate area of the floor worth more points. It's not weird, it's accurate.
They have a name for that.

3 point era

They have a name for that.

3 point era
Well yeah. But it's also the modern game. So then, it's not weird to look at older eras differently. Modern players also exponentially more skilled than older era players. It's a different game. It evolved.

I've been avoiding TierTalk all day but picasso swerve picasso swerve has a point about naming the best players you actually saw play.

For me, MJ and LBJ are absolute locks for the so called "common era".

Trouble comes when choosing between Shaq and Timmy. Shaq was unstoppable but IMHO, Timmy was the better player skill-wise. And I'm not even a Duncan fan at all but game recognize game.

After that, you got Kobe and Steph. Kobe closest to the GOAT and Steph has the best combination of dribble/shooting I've ever seen.

So Steph would get the nod for being something I've NEVER seen before.

That leaves Kobe and Timmy. I'm leaning towards Kobe but damn, Timmy has a hell of an argument.

Kobe would get it for having done it with more diverse supporting casts whereas Timmy had Manu and Toilet Paper for the majority of his chips.

Winning with different rosters/teams/coaches has to count for something bc it supports the argument that X player is good enough to win even if the variables change.

MJ
LBJ
Steph
Kobe

Btw, honorable mention to AI. He was definitely one of the best players I've ever watched play.

I don't want that to be lost. AI was a PROB-LEM. Cold before any of these new players knew what cold was.

Everyones Mt. Rushmore is incredibly guard biased.

Again, disrespectful to big greats just cause you can’t emulate their games on the playground.

Shaq, TD, Dream, 5 of 6 of Kareem’s rings came in the 3pt era, 1 of his fmvps and 1 of his mvps as well.

Even if you limit the timeline to the 3pt era, Kobe and steph are closer to #10 than #1

can't imagine it cause you probably already dead if you witnessed Mikan in his prime

Mikan has a whole drill named after him and he didn’t even shoot 50% from the field as one of the tallest people on the court . Tell me white privilege ain’t real 😂

B0D83305-DD56-4313-8BB3-8E88F3E8D6B3.jpeg

Nowhere. I couldn't deal with talking politics for a long duration. It's insane that people care about it. It's insane that it's so dramatic. People are really getting off on messing with billions of peoples lives. People send other people to die to be a part of this drama.

It's very perverse and society is worse for it. Human beings legit don't deserve the earth we take it for granted every day that society continues on, I.E. Doesn't come to a full stop until things like war, poverty, and corporate greed are just completely removed.

Society deliberately makes some peoples lives worse so others can have it better. Society is vile and politics are nothing more than a celebration in it. I despise it man.

You just made the case why politics ARE IMPORTANT. People care about it because it has real impact on human life.

I've been avoiding TierTalk all day but picasso swerve picasso swerve has a point about naming the best players you actually saw play.

For me, MJ and LBJ are absolute locks for the so called "common era".

Trouble comes when choosing between Shaq and Timmy. Shaq was unstoppable but IMHO, Timmy was the better player skill-wise. And I'm not even a Duncan fan at all but game recognize game.

After that, you got Kobe and Steph. Kobe closest to the GOAT and Steph has the best combination of dribble/shooting I've ever seen.

So Steph would get the nod for being something I've NEVER seen before.

That leaves Kobe and Timmy. I'm leaning towards Kobe but damn, Timmy has a hell of an argument.

Kobe would get it for having done it with more diverse supporting casts whereas Timmy had Manu and Toilet Paper for the majority of his chips.

Winning with different rosters/teams/coaches has to count for something bc it supports the argument that X player is good enough to win even if the variables change.

MJ
LBJ
Steph
Kobe

Everyone gonna put Kobe over Timmay cause Timmay played “boring” basketball.

Actually is true, but it was effective AF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom