2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d rather they get the extra day to be a little more rested. Some might say that lessens the risk of injury as well.

Szn almost over 😕.
09B6C254-7F53-48FE-B1FC-FD6D60B74E4D.gif

I need someone to help me understand why GS is struggling with a team whose two best players have problems dribbling a basketball?

94 Rockets swept Shaq and Penny

boston’s defense is just that good. they’re physical at the point of attack, have length, and williams is affecting the lane. their athleticism gave KD and Giannis problems. if defense is 50% of the game, it doesn’t matter how sloppy they are with the ball, being the number 1 defense means they’ll have a chance in every game.

this is one of the more even finals match ups we’ve watched in recent years. before the series kicked off, plenty of folks here and in the national media had the dubs written off (they’re too old, too small, dray and klay’s decline, etc.) so i’m not surprised it’s 2-2 with no clear cut front runner going into game 5

boston’s defense is just that good. they’re physical at the point of attack, have length, and williams is affecting the lane. their athleticism gave KD and Giannis problems. if defense is 50% of the game, it doesn’t matter how sloppy they are with the ball, being the number 1 defense means they’ll have a chance in every game.

this is one of the more even finals match ups we’ve watched in recent years. before the series kicked off, plenty of folks here and in the national media had the dubs written off (they’re too old, too small, dray and klay’s decline, etc.) so i’m not surprised it’s 2-2 with no clear cut front runner going into game 5
I don’t think folks realize how much of a difference having Williams in the paint makes….

I called him the most important Celtic earlier in the playoffs. I was exaggerating, but when he’s right and playing big minutes, he takes the Celtics to another level.

He had All Star Bam terrified. Mans had a cold and was scared to sniff.

Ok lemme rephrase: Paint Protectors, who usually are Bigs. The question you need to ask is, "Who are the "Paint Protectors on the 2022 Golden State Warriors?"

Your second question as to why can't the greatest shooter in history shoot his team to victory every game? You already know teams who live and die by the three don't win championships.

You think the GOAT wins 6 rings if he didn't have the greatest rebounder of all time on his team guarding Mailman 2 years in a row in the Finals? Or Pippen locking down and shutting down Magic in the '91 Finals?

You think the greatest passer of all time Magic Johnson wins 5 rings if he had Rodney McCray and Quinton Dailey filling the fast break lanes instead of Worthy and Scott?

I know you know better - this is a team sport and I don't care what anyone says, ALL championship teams in the last 50 years had at least 2-3 impact Bigs on their roster next to the star guards/wings that contributed mightily to the defensive success of their respective title winning squads.

Trust me, there are ZERO "small ball" teams who have won the chip. Even the 2015 Warriors had Big 7-0" Andrew Bogut, a paint defender, post scorer, and great passer. GS also had Big 6'11" Ezeli, an all hustle guy who could rebound and provide energy. They had Mo Speights, a tough veteran stretch big, and David Lee, a veteran do it all Big that could give you 10 points on limited burn. That's 4 quality BIGS on a roster known for shooting!
Yeah I know all of that, but the way the story is told its only Steph Curry and his miraculous 3pt shooting
None of those players you mentioned get any real recognition when discussing how GS won in 2015

The truth of the matter is KD put GS in a discussion they dont truly belong in
This team aint no real dynasty
Blowing that 3-1 lead is who they really are
No KD and they would have only one NBA title

why does it seem like the celtics turn the ball over way more than the warriors?

the warriors actually have 1 more turnover than the celtics for the entire series.

Yeah I know all of that, but the way the story is told its only Steph Curry and his miraculous 3pt shooting
None of those players you mentioned get any real recognition when discussing how GS won in 2015

The truth of the matter is KD put GS in a discussion they dont truly belong in
This team aint no real dynasty
Blowing that 3-1 lead is who they really are
No KD and they would have only one NBA title

Dawg. :lol:

Man you funny for real.

Dawg. :lol:

Man you funny for real.

bruhh just being dense. im realizing there’s really no point in trying to argue with someone who can’t be objective

dude just clutching onto “they aint no dystasty without kd!!” like it’s his favorite story. it’s truly sad to be so out of touch with reality. i couldn’t care less if warriors qualify as a dynasty, their decade-long run is greatness and we’re fortunate to have witnessed elite basketball

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom