2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if you're an old *** ***** like me word to @Based Jesus

EYE had the privilege to watch MJ, Kobe, Shaq, TD, Lebby, PHA, and Steve.

Thread damn near jumped 20 pages the last couple days.

Time catch up.
And if you an even older head like me, word to the grey hair bandits 👍🏾 we age better than vino

EYE had the privilege of watching the primes of Kareem, Moses, Bird, Magic, Olajuwon, Jordan, Kobe, Shaq, Duncan, Bron, and Curry and I must say that that boy Steph has the opportunity of a lifetime to stamp himself as the greatest player of all time 6'3" and under by finishing off the Celtics

Last edited:

Windy reminds me of the Penguin

Screenshot_20220612-095135_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
I need someone to help me understand why GS is struggling with a team whose two best players have problems dribbling a basketball?

94 Rockets swept Shaq and Penny
Easy Answer: GS has little to no Bigs to defend the paint every time Boston penetrates the lane.

Other than the C's getting 50 points from White and Horford getting hot from deep in the 4th in game 1, Boston's highlight in their game 3 win over GS was that they outscore GS in the paint 52-26.

Now Imagine if GS had Javale McGee or Myles Turner starting at center and Looney as the back up 5. It would be 3-1 Warriors instead of 2-2 because with a McGee or Turner, all of a sudden the paint ain't that easy to get buckets in and Horford or Williams now has one more Big problem to worry bout.

Yeah i know im "old. " But for those who may have grown up missing the entire decade of the 80s and thought Magic never played defense (shout out to osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh ), I bet a lot of people didn't know that despite Bron, Kobe, Ginobili, Horry, Kobe, Jordan, Pippen - guys who have been on mutiple All-Defensive teams - having played in so many NBA Finals series, this guy who is "only known for offense" still leads the pack in all time Finals steals while averaging more steals per game in the Finals than most the guys on this list
👀
Screenshot_20220612-093106_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220612-093155_Chrome.jpg

Magic is Tier 1 Mount Rushmore and THE greatest Point Player of All Time. There's no debate or argument.

And if you an even older head like me, word to the grey hair bandits 👍🏾 we age better than vino

EYE had the privilege of watching the primes of Kareem, Moses, Bird, Magic, Olajuwon, Jordan, Kobe, Shaq, Duncan, Bron, and Curry and I must say that that boy Steph has the opportunity of a lifetime to stamp himself as the greatest player of all time 6'3" and under by finishing off the Celtics

based off your list, shouldn't it be 6'5 and under?

i think he already has the title btw

Magic is Tier 1 Mount Rushmore and THE greatest Point Player of All Time. There's no debate or argument.

for you, what would it take for $t3ph to leap him?

Gotcha

So just ignore GS was down 5 with 7min left in the fourth

Also please explain why you believe a 19pt victory is a blowout but a 16pt victory isn't a blowout?

Bro seriously. Down 5 whole points with 7 min LEFT? :lol:

That 16 point game was not the same as that 19 point blowout. Cmon son.

Legit question, are you okay?

based off your list, shouldn't it be 6'5 and under?

i think he already has the title btw
Maybe "greatest little guard of all time" would be more apt even though one can probably make the argument that Steph may be the greatest player of all time 6'5" and under as well.

I was more comparing him to the Isiah Thomas's, CP3's, John Stockton's, Steve Nash's, Bob Cousy's, Kyrie Irving's, and Allen Iverson's of the world

Last edited:
Easy Answer: GS has little to no Bigs to defend the paint every time Boston penetrates the lane.

Other than the C's getting 50 points from White and Horford getting hot from deep in the 4th in game 1, Boston's highlight in their game 3 win over GS was that they outscore GS in the paint 52-26.

Now Imagine if GS had Javale McGee or Myles Turner starting at center and Looney as the back up 5. It would be 3-1 Warriors instead of 2-2 because with a McGee or Turner, all of a sudden the paint ain't that easy to get buckets in and Horford or Williams now has one more Big problem to worry bout.
But GS has two bigs
Yall were just saying that Belika dude locked up Tatum in game 2
He isn't big enough?

Somebody answer this for me

Why cant the greatest shooter in the HISTORY OF THE NBA just shoot his team to victory every game?

But GS has two bigs
He isn't big enough?

Why cant the greatest shooter in the HISTORY OF THE NBA just shoot his team to victory every game?

Belly is not a big. :lol:

And its a team game, 1 person aint gonna win you a whole series.

Here you go again with these terrible takes. Please give more though, its entertaining.:lol:

Bro seriously. Down 5 whole points with 7 min LEFT? :lol:

That 16 point game was not the same as that 19 point blowout. Cmon son.

Legit question, are you okay?
You're proving my point

If that 5pt lead isn't such a big deal, why is it a 2-2 series?

94 Rockets swept Shaq Penny Horace Grant Nick Anderson Dennis Scott

GS can't sweep a team without a point guard, two wings that cant dribble and an ancient PF that is inconsistent and a F'n first year head coach?????

You're proving my point

If that 5pt lead isn't such a big deal, why is it a 2-2 series?

94 Rockets swept Shaq Penny Horace Grant Nick Anderson Dennis Scott

GS can't sweep a team without a point guard, two wings that cant dribble and an ancient PF that is inconsistent and a F'n first year head coach?????

What? Tf are talking about with this 5 point lead non sense. :lol:

Celtics are a good team. Damn near ALL those analytical projections had them winning the chip before the playoffs started. Top defense in the league, 2 stars and a good supporting cast. Do you not remember them sweeping the Nets, going through the Bucks and then the Heat? They arent some fluke team. But whats a sweep supposed to prove?

Goddamn this a good one, give me more. :lol:

But GS has two bigs
He isn't big enough?

Ok lemme rephrase: Paint Protectors, who usually are Bigs. The question you need to ask is, "Who are the "Paint Protectors on the 2022 Golden State Warriors?"

Your second question as to why can't the greatest shooter in history shoot his team to victory every game? You already know teams who live and die by the three don't win championships.

You think the GOAT wins 6 rings if he didn't have the greatest rebounder of all time on his team guarding Mailman 2 years in a row in the Finals? Or Pippen locking down and shutting down Magic in the '91 Finals?

You think the greatest passer of all time Magic Johnson wins 5 rings if he had Rodney McCray and Quinton Dailey filling the fast break lanes instead of Worthy and Scott?

I know you know better - this is a team sport and I don't care what anyone says, ALL championship teams in the last 50 years had at least 2-3 impact Bigs on their roster next to the star guards/wings that contributed mightily to the defensive success of their respective title winning squads.

Trust me, there are ZERO "small ball" teams who have won the chip. Even the 2015 Warriors had Big 7-0" Andrew Bogut, a paint defender, post scorer, and great passer. GS also had Big 6'11" Ezeli, an all hustle guy who could rebound and provide energy. They had Mo Speights, a tough veteran stretch big, and David Lee, a veteran do it all Big that could give you 10 points on limited burn. That's 4 quality BIGS on a roster known for shooting!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom