2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
From a Bay Area native - We all have are differences when it comes to NFL or MLB, but most of us unite when it comes to the Warriors. Oakland parades were equally as fire with music, alcohol, weed, street parties, street vendors…The Warriors are neutral ground for the entire Bay. Parades are gonna be fire whether they are in SF or Oakland.

I think all fans recognize Oakland Games > SF games, in terms of fan atmosphere tho.

The parades are the few times it feels like "home" and the "real" pre-gentrification Bay Area. I was mentioning it another thread: the Bay never had great nightlife, but the friendly and interesting locals could turn any random spot, plaza, street, etc. into a party/kickback. I see it here even in Chicago before/after Bay Area teams come to visit, and it makes me homesick and nostalgic.

Last edited:
IDK, man. Didn't seem like most of them were really in the best shape for public speaking. Probably best there were no speeches. :lol:

Going to have to disagree here.

I thrive in that state of mind. Especially after midnight.

Let them express themselves. They had plenty of ammo too. Could have gone after Perk or whoever on stage. Would have been hilarious. :lol:

The original post was deleted along with my posts calling it out, but whomever on the moderation team that tried to clean it up for him, did a piss poor job cause there is still more posts of me and a few others calling him out. It went on for pages of people calling him out and him defending its use.

https://niketalk.com/threads/⚽️the-footy-thread-lock-thread.664818/page-2197

racism.JPG
qu!ck racist 1.JPG
qu!ck.JPG

Care to elaborate?

Pretty disheartening and disgusting the way some dudes are allowed to rock in here. Methodical Management Methodical Management just banned me last month for a throw away joke and now you got personal attacks and dudes TRYING to get banned and nothing. Must be nice to be a favorite of the mods.

Damn man don’t let NT break your spirits. It’s the first day of summer

Can’t believe they didn’t let them speak.

Was Oakland as lit as before?

I’ll always prefer Oakland but for the general population, the town still has a bad rep as dangerous (even though the parade is through uptown/downtown & not east or West Oakland).

I wish I got to experience an Oakland Raider parade so badly. That would’ve been the greatest parade of all time no lie 😔

I was in college during the time so I missed the 2010 sf giants parade. That’s the one I really wanted to go because that title was special. After the Bonds era most fans didn’t think the Giants would sniff a title for years. That was a magical run and one of my favorite sports seasons ever. I imagine the first Warriors parade in Oakland was probably at a similar level.

tomdiginson tomdiginson I remember him spamming the footie thread calling players and cities “ghetto” and then doubling down on it when he got called out. He used a “oh in Canada it doesn’t mean that” as if they don’t speak the same language and don’t use the same slang that Americans use. Anyone who doesn’t understand the context of how “ghetto” is used here is either a racist who’s pretending to be oblivious or a complete idiot

Edit: now QU!K QU!K is in other threads defending himself because he’s banned in here. Apparently, to him, the player deserved to be called ghetto because he had visible wires hooked up to his TV. This makes it SO much better :lol: that might be one of the most ridiculous, classist…I don’t even know how else to describe it

Last edited:
tomdiginson tomdiginson I remember him spamming the footie thread calling players and cities “ghetto” and then doubling down on it when he got called out. He used a “oh in Canada it doesn’t mean that” as if they don’t speak the same language and don’t use the same slang that Americans use. Anyone who doesn’t understand the context of how “ghetto” is used here is either a racist who’s pretending to be oblivious or a complete idiot

Edit: now QU!K QU!K is in other threads defending himself because he’s banned in here. Apparently, to him, the player deserved to be called ghetto because he had visible wires hooked up to his TV. This makes it SO much better :lol: that might be one of the most ridiculous, classist…I don’t even know how else to describe it
Yes, he was defending it. Trying to normalize associating black people and the word ghetto. Even was looking for sympathy when people called him out on it as if people were bullying him. Imagine calling a world class athlete who did well for himself financially ghetto because his hdmi cable was dangling from the side of his tv.

Yes, he was defending it. Trying to normalize associating black people and the word ghetto. Even was looking for sympathy when people called him out on it as if people were bullying him. Imagine calling a world class athlete who did well for himself financially ghetto because his hdmi cable was dangling from the side of his tv.

That man is probably living in his moms basement with a 2010 RCA calling other folks ghetto but his situation is aight with the TV stacked on top of some shoe boxes but it’s not ghetto because the wires are invisible :smh:

I’ll always prefer Oakland but for the general population, the town still has a bad rep as dangerous (even though the parade is through uptown/downtown & not east or West Oakland).

I wish I got to experience an Oakland Raider parade so badly. That would’ve been the greatest parade of all time no lie 😔

I was in college during the time so I missed the 2010 sf giants parade. That’s the one I really wanted to go because that title was special. After the Bonds era most fans didn’t think the Giants would sniff a title for years. That was a magical run and one of my favorite sports seasons ever. I imagine the first Warriors parade in Oakland was probably at a similar level.

Yeah that 2010 Giants championship was HUGE to Bay Area sports fans, especially how much torture that team put fans through before finally winning :lol: That championship basically changed all of our mentalities from "Bay Area sports teams will never win again" cause it finally broke the trend of local teams being competitive before eventually imploding in embarrassing fashion and losing. Every single game during that series was like "God damn it, here we go again" but they all held out.

I was in Santa Barbara at the time but going out and partying with all the other Bay Area/NorCal students with Giants hats on :pimp: Can't imagine what it was like back home at the time

The only team that mentality hasn't transferred onto are the Sharks :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom