2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your thoughts?

Hard to side with someone who doesn’t seem to have some kind of love for the game. He says all the right things, but he really had a great chance to prove to himself, help his teammates, and rewrite his narrative and straight up passed on it in the last minute. I highly doubt it would be some story book and they’d come back down 3-0. But still, trying goes a long way. No one in the playoffs is 100% physically but atleast give it a go for 5 to 10 minutes and see how your body feels, if the back is really an issue 10 days after it wasn’t.

I tried to give him the benefit fit of the doubt. Listen I get it, professional basketball is only 10-15 years of your life if you’re lucky and you already made it financially. So you don’t gotta prove ****. But I can’t stand behind someone who just keeps running away from their problems and isn’t there for his teammates. You know his teammates won’t say anything either, huge stigma with mental health aspect.

Completely unfair?

50F9F42E-A4AE-4161-8365-AA28A8931051.png

So what about the fact that he ghosted the Sixers prior to the season? Or the fact that his teammates were trying to reach out to him but he changed his phone number? None of those things mattered? Ayt.

TELL HIM JAMIE

BLAME IT ON THE RAAAACCCISM.

#KLUTCHJAMIE

KAI and KD gonna have a loooooong summer.

And I'm still not sure the Nets realize exactly what they signed themselves up for.

Got the two (three with Ben?) most insecure superstar athletes maybe in all of sports in one locker room. Kyrie and Kev are going to want their hands on EVERYTHING. And so far, every step of the way, that's been a failure.
I don’t think all is lost. They def need a roster shake up. Let blake, drummond and Aldridge walk. Trade Patty mills and resign brown.

Possibly look into trading Seth away if you can get better pieces. I don’t think you need both Seth and Joe harris(who I forgot existed).

Completely unfair?

So what about the fact that he ghosted the Sixers prior to the season? Or the fact that his teammates were trying to reach out to him but he changed his phone number? None of those things mattered? Ayt.
I don’t agree with how Ben is handiling things at all but Stephen A is out of pocket yesterday with what he was saying about kyrie and Ben. Like at this point him and kyrie gotta fight outside

Last edited:
Completely unfair?

I understand where Jamie is coming from but what else are people supposed to say about Ben Simmons at this point? People been making excuses and giving him a pass for years. He's been in the league 7 years now, never improved and just quit a year of work making every excuse in the book.

I don’t think all is lost. They def need a roster shake up. Let blake, drummond and Aldridge walk. Trade Patty mills and resign brown.

Possibly look into trading Seth away if you can get better pieces. I don’t think you need both Seth and Joe harris(who I forgot existed).
They're in hell as far as talent acquisition goes.

Can they trade a pick at any point in the near future? Their young players aren't very good. Seth and Joe aren't getting you anything that moves the needle. They're cap locked as it is regardless of who they let walk.

It's gonna be the Lakers model of stars and scrubs on minimums except instead of LeBron they got three goofballs and you can't count on two of them. Ain't gonna work.

I don’t agree with how Ben is handiling things at all but Stephen A is out of pocket yesterday with what he was saying about kyrie and Ben. Like at this point him and kyrie gotta fight outside
That rant was peak vintage Screamin A :lol:

Would pay though to see him and the Nets in the same room though :lol:, he publicly threatened KD on the air a few years ago and he's been at Myries neck constantly ever since he started being a part time player.

Not at all surprised the manic workaholic that is SAS would have a big personal problem with the likes of Ben and Myrie though

The Nets have the Sixers pick this year or next as well as the Sixers 2027 pick, plus they have a couple of decent sized trade exceptions. Backed with a owner that spends, I think they're in a okay spot in terms of flexibility.

10 consecutive missed FTs in a game where the Nets lost by 3.

them ****s weren't even bouncing softly off the rim either :lol:

Not sure why yall keep giving what Kyrie says and does any mind. Might be just as unhinged as he is :lol:

Last edited:
Kyrie left Bron for Boston and this? :smh:

He let the fans trick him out of the perfect spot :smh:
Definitely not a given that the two J's would've developed into the players they are now with him there but it's hard not to think they might've been the class of the East if they still had Kyrie these last few years. Them and Milwaukee.

If Tatum was gonna become that dude regardless, they'd be what KD + Kyrie were supposed to be.

That rant was peak vintage Screamin A :lol:

Would pay though to see him and the Nets in the same room though :lol:, he publicly threatened KD on the air a few years ago and he's been at Myries neck constantly ever since he started being a part time player.

Not at all surprised the manic workaholic that is SAS would have a big personal problem with the likes of Ben and Myrie though

When he start with "Put that camera on me!" It's bout to be flames 🤣

Philly going back to Toronto with a diminished Joel, inconsistent Beard, cold Maxey and no Thybulle?

worried-concerned.gif

It could get real nasty if they end up having to go back to Philly tied up man with all the narratives/pressure building...

They were already booed off their court last night

Last edited:
They're in hell as far as talent acquisition goes.

Can they trade a pick at any point in the near future? Their young players aren't very good. Seth and Joe aren't getting you anything that moves the needle. They're cap locked as it is regardless of who they let walk.

It's gonna be the Lakers model of stars and scrubs on minimums except instead of LeBron they got three goofballs and you can't count on two of them. Ain't gonna work.
Cam Thomas didn’t look bad at all, then they stopped playing him.

They also have the sixers pick this year if they want it

You can fill out a bench with cheap players liek Jeff green, Austin rivers Tristan Thompson etc along with g leaguers

But it’s going to come down to Ben kyrie and KD having to set the tone etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom