2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
people think theres an exact formula on how to get viral. Theres litterally none especially on tiktok **** doesnt always have to make sense. Being good looking of course helps as it does with almost everything in life

Imagine having those apps
1651162581763.png

Jokic vs Embiid as a playoff player in the past I thought was an interesting debate.

Jokic's defensive limitations are huge
but the gap between Jokic and Embiid as playoff offensive players I think is pretty big.

There are no good answers for Jokic
Nuggs put up a 114 offensive rating against one of the best defenses in basketball
with Monte Morris and Will Barton as the 2nd options.

Embiid really struggles to be efficient if he's not getting fouled.
and his limitations as a passer makes double teaming an effective option.

untill Embiid has a really dominant offensive playoff series,
Gotta take Jokic.

I don't know about the offensive gap. Toronto had no answers for him until he tore the ligament on his shooting hand. Joker is a better offensive player but Embiid is a better two-way player.

Trade MPJ, AG etc for a AS level type guy? Bradley Beal type. Jamal coming back is gonna be huge obviously but the roster as is, theyd need a good run and some luck on their side to get to the Finals and win a chip. Feel like they missing one more guy.

The Nuggets looked special last year until Murray got hurt. MPJ is a big question mark while his back issue will be a cause for concern for every team, especially because he just signed the Max. So a brand new max contact + a serious back injury = low trade value.

I don't know about the offensive gap. Toronto had no answers for him until he tore the ligament on his shooting hand. Joker is a better offensive player but Embiid is a better two-way player.
it's hard to say what would have happened.
but the raptors were playing brain dead basketball in the first 3 games.

and now his overall numbers are pretty well in line with his past performances in the post season.

it's not like his jumpshot has really been off since the thumb injury.
and I don't know what the thumb would have to do with his defense on the premirter, which has gotten worse every game.

he's obviously very good,
but ultimately if you don't foul him, he's not incredibly efficient.

he's stoppable in a way that Jokic isn't really.

Jokic vs Embiid as a playoff player in the past I thought was an interesting debate.

Jokic's defensive limitations are huge
but the gap between Jokic and Embiid as playoff offensive players I think is pretty big.

There are no good answers for Jokic
Nuggs put up a 114 offensive rating against one of the best defenses in basketball
with Monte Morris and Will Barton as the 2nd options.

Embiid really struggles to be efficient if he's not getting fouled.
and his limitations as a passer makes double teaming an effective option.

untill Embiid has a really dominant offensive playoff series,
Gotta take Jokic.
You have to consider he’s been hurt every postseason

He’s been efficient scoring on 2s his playoff career. His efficiency falls off because his shooting from deep falls off a cliff. Double teams weren’t an issue with him at all season and it wasn’t up until Game 4; its a lot different when you can double a dude with 9 fingers

it's hard to say what would have happened.
but the raptors were playing brain dead basketball in the first 3 games.

and now his overall numbers are pretty well in line with his past performances in the post season.

it's not like his jumpshot has really been off since the thumb injury.
and I don't know what the thumb would have to do with his defense on the premirter, which has gotten worse every game.

he's obviously very good,
but ultimately if you don't foul him, he's not incredibly efficient.

he's stoppable in a way that Jokic isn't really.
He’s shooting 4/17 from 3 and since the injury 0-5 from deep. Outside of last year he’s been a sub .300 from deep. Thats the efficiency there

You have to consider he’s been hurt every postseason

He’s been efficient scoring on 2s his playoff career. His efficiency falls off because his shooting from deep falls off a cliff. Double teams weren’t an issue with him at all season and it wasn’t up until Game 4; its a lot different when you can double a dude with 9 fingers

well it falls off that's where the gap lies.

Jokic is a career 56% 2 point playoff shooter, Embiid is 51%
if Embiid is not generating huge amounts of fouls and he's not hitting from 3, Embiid's not really that efficient.

and yes injuries but Embiid is hurt so often, i have to factor durability into the debate.

I just gotta seem Embiid do it, totally dominate and control a series against a locked in playoff defense.
imo it hasn't really happened for him.

This is who joe and sean is going to hand the franchise to :lol: how much can qai sign for? I assume they have to round out the team with vets and rookies on min deals again
$250,000,000 with unlimited PTO
Grand Theft Kyrie bout to take the money and hit Fiji for a season
Ben might join him for a couple weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom