2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trae as in Trae Young?

Trae Young who’s team at least got a game off the #1 seed?

Trae Young who lead his team to the Eastern Conference Finals, last year?

30 & 10 Trae?

That Trae?

1651778446750.gif
Breh

He averaged 15 ppg on 29/16/64 splits

With Butler missing a game and Lowry missing 2 games

Breh

On another note:

Fell into the YT/video spiral late last night and started watching YuGiOh episodes and I forgot that Yugi is like a nerdy runt with a little boy voice and then before a duel his pyramid necklace thing transform him into a cooler “adult” Yugi complete with a deeper voice.

First thing I thought of was Kat when he added some bass in his voice. :lol:

^^^ Kerr also coached Bogut and ZaZa who both did some dirt under his watch as well.

Sure, Kerr can say whatever he wants to defend his player. But, given the history, it’s legitimate to see it more as disingenuous whining then him really out trying to uphold integrity of the game.

Last edited:
I just, in general, don't wanna hear anything about a code from a guy who's coached FOR YEARS a guy who probably leads active players in terms of violating the code.

Practice what you preach. If you believe so firmly in the code, Draymond wouldn't still be doing all this dirty **** AND acting like a clown show and effectively celebrating/playing up being ejected.

I don't think it's a big deal - but it is at a minimum just kinda goofy and nobody's taking it seriously. It's old man yelling at clouds vibes.

Like other dude said, you a coach. Publicly, you defend your players. All coaches are hypocrites when it comes to their players. Just look when they want a foul called and when the opposing team does the same thing they throw their arms up and go what was that. :lol:

Plus if we wanna talk about this code, you def dont hit someone out of the air from behind ON A FAST BREAK when theres no chance of making a play for the ball. Thats “worse” than what Dray did. Dray slapped dude in the face yes but that happens IN GENERAL when you miss the ball and hit someone, though in Drays case it looks like he just went to slap anything but more people concerned with him pulling down the jersey. Multiple people have said, they never seen such a thing and they right. Idk what Dray was doing, but theres no “code” for that cause it doesnt happen like that.

This “code” Kerr talking about is certain things you dont do cause theres been history of it hurting players, diving at knees, foot under the shooter, hitting someone out of the air etc.

Not excusing Drays behavior with this notion cause you dont kick someone in the nuts flailing out your legs but people are saying this an eye for an eye thing with Dray and DB, so if you wanna compare the two well.

Or maybe lineup change? I would consider bringing Brunson off the bench maybe even start Maxi

Brunson should't share the bulk of his minutes with Luka... until the end of the game

And at least Luka admits his defense was not acceptable

In order to have this kind of usage and not be a complete liability on defence Luka needs to be in better shape.

Doesn’t matter what the mavs do. They got the best player this series, but the next 4 or 5 are on the other team.

Or maybe lineup change? I would consider bringing Brunson off the bench maybe even start Maxi

Brunson should't share the bulk of his minutes with Luka... until the end of the game

And at least Luka admits his defense was not acceptable

I’d bring Brunson off the bench.

I might swap him and Dinwiddie… they both need a shot in the arm and that’s the easiest route.
In order to have this kind of usage and not be a complete liability on defence Luka needs to be in better shape.
I don’t disagree. I don’t know that there’s an “in shape” for everything he’s having to do offensively and then also getting ISO’d every trip down the court in the second half.

But there’s without question some mental aspects of the game he’s still gotta just get better with.

And I think largely this side is mental. He’s gotta get past what feels like a head space of “I’ve always been good enough doing what I’m doing.” … It’s the next obvious evolution of his leadership/approach to the game.

I’ve noticed when Dallas gets into panic mode they scrap the game plan and go into Luka-iso mode. If it works then cool, but when it doesn’t work they exacerbate their deficit by having him too tired to play any type of defense.

They should run another PG with Luka at all times to alleviate the ball handling responsibilities and have him post up sometimes. I think that could diversify their offense and keep him from being dead by the 4th.

He might get in better shape through the course of the series. I’m sure the Suns will continue the strategy of attacking him on defense as soon as he shows any signs of being tired.

• Haha
Reactions: HIM
I’ve noticed when Dallas gets into panic mode they scrap the game plan and go into Luka-iso mode. If it works then cool, but when it doesn’t work they exacerbate their deficit by having him too tired to play any type of defense.

They should run another PG with Luka at all times to alleviate the ball handling responsibilities and have him post up sometimes. I think that could diversify their offense and keep him from being dead by the 4th.
They tried that with Brunson lol. It isn't working. Brunson doesn't have the sauce to breakdown this elite PHX defense and he's small on top of that and isn't an elite shooter

Dallas is clearly outmatched, it will take a perfect series from Dallas all around to even sniff advancing and honestly probably take PHX injuries too

Whoever said last night they wanted to see PHX vs an elite defense in Boston or Miami... I was wondering why MIL wasn't mentioned lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom