2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

what's the beef with byron buxton?

There was a rumored trade of Syndergaard for Buxton I believe. jpzx jpzx laughed at the idea of giving up buxton. johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm laughed at the idea of Buxton being enough to get Noah. Went on to call Buxton an “established scrub.”

My .02. Buxton should not be untouchable. If you can get an Ace for him do it. If he ends up being elite and you’re “stuck” with an elite pitcher, so be it.

what should i expect from Vargas today Mets fans ??

vegas got him at -181 vs the white sox lol

Took a time machine to last year today and read a lot of your guys’ baseball takes.

I like how a .350 OBP would put him in the Top 40 of MLB leaders in that category, yet if he doesn’t get there he’s a bust.

No gray area on how you feel, he’s a bust! if he doesn’t get in the Top 40 for OBP. I don’t think anyone really cares about the arbitrary lines you set to decide if someone is good or not if that’s how you measure it.

Last edited:
How can a guy be considered an untouchable player when he isn’t on base 35% of the time. Great players who are untouchable typically get on base 38% of the time.

He’s a very good fielder and has some intangibles but what good are they when he can’t get on base?

He’s not untouchable, I was just against including him in any deal that already had the Twins giving up Royce Lewis or Alex Kirilloff.

How can a guy be considered an untouchable player when he isn’t on base 35% of the time. Great players who are untouchable typically get on base 38% of the time.

He’s a very good fielder and has some intangibles but what good are they when he can’t get on base?

Javier Baez doesn't get on base 35% of the time. Or 33% for that matter. Does he fit in your Buxton/J-Hey mold?

Not worried about Buxton's OBP, but what is frustrating is that he can't stay on the field. He's missing tonight, but hopefully this doesn't mean another stint on the IL.

And I don't like calling it the IL just yet, even though it makes sense. :lol:

source.gif

Back
Top Bottom