2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

But he’s being overpaid so yeah enjoy giving him front line money when he’s only been an ace for half of one season in the past three. He’s not worth 100 mill.
Mets selling a portion to Steve Cohen. Let’s go make a move for Betts or a Rendon and make a statement.

LOL

a team was willing to go even higher so i would say this is a good deal and im sure a few more other teams were prolly offering around $110M

it was a need who cares if he not worth 100M its better then what we threw out there last year as our number 2-6 Starting pitchers so miss me with all that overpay nonsense

dude didnt even pitch yet for us and got people yelling OVERPAY LOL

gonna get interesting Phils are in the win now mode as they should be after coughing up big money

All reports Cole has a great meeting with Yanks. Wouldn’t expect to hear otherwise but let’s get it done.

LOL

a team was willing to go even higher so i would say this is a good deal and im sure a few more other teams were prolly offering around $110M

it was a need who cares if he not worth 100M its better then what we threw out there last year as our number 2-6 Starting pitchers so miss me with all that overpay nonsense

dude didnt even pitch yet for us and got people yelling OVERPAY LOL

Because you have people who've watched him for years tell you that it was an overpay. His window of good baseball doesn't exclude the fact he was terrible up until the second half of 2018. Even coming into this season, he was up and down.

do yall not know who the ******* phillies had as starting pitchers last season ?????

serious question ?

if not than i am clearly wasting my damn time replying back to yas

Overpay or not, you pay what the market dictates, and the WSox (amongst other teams in at 100M+) showed that this was indeed what the market dictated.
Now pick up one 3/4/5 SP and we'll be sitting much, much better heading into the season and still have Howard on the near horizon.

Last edited:
thats how it is with free agents... everyone seems to overpay but thats how you land guys... last year i thought corbin was overpaid a bit but he helped get a world series... if phils win one with in the contract length it wasnt an overpay so still to early to tell...if yanks have to overpay for cole i wouldnt mind that at all and would encourage it since they been so frugal lately except for the stanton trade

do yall not know who the ****ing phillies had as starting pitchers last season ?????

serious question ?

if not than i am clearly wasting my damn time replying back to yas

Overpay or not, you pay what the market dictates, and the WSox (amongst over teams in at 100M+) showed that this was indeed what the market dictated.
Now pick up one 3/4/5 SP and we'll be sitting much, much better heading into the season and still have Howard on the near horizon.

You post a local shill calling him the best pitcher in the second half of 2018. deGrom owned the mound from start to finish. Suck a ****.

Even as a Phils fan, deGrom my guy. Only other player in the division I like besides Scherzer

Going forward these teams have shown, they are not paying for what you did in the past, they are paying for what they project you to do in the future.

You have to pay to play. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

But cant fault teams for aggressively trying to fix holes in their roster.

Degrom is the goat im not denying that but what that tweet is showing is we possibly found our #2 if it pans out which would be better than what we tossed out for the last 2 years combined SP wise

as a phillies fan im ******* tired of seeing velasquez, Pivetta etc as our SP

**** im even tired of Arrieta ***** ***

Last edited:
if Yanks land both Cole and strasburg by overpaying I'll all for it... I doubt they land both though lol

Tiki Barber ain't lying

source.gif

Don't know much about Cohen but seeing net worth on both Wilpons and Cohen makes me a bit better :lol:

Last edited:
Speaking of Wheeler,

It really stinks that he goes to Philly

Man, why different NL East team? Just go to Chicago :lol:

Wheeler is scary good when he's on the fire

Not sure why he got a lot of paid that he hasn't earned it. We'll find out in five years to see if he earns that kind of money

Don't know about you all, but I am already sick of teams "moving" players due to "budget concerns"

Bull****, owners are dragging down costs as much as possible and fans fall for it every year. The Brewers, sure, I can get that, the Red Sox, Cubs, and Mets? Naw, that's bogus. Those teams are loaded with money and should be using it. Same for the Dodgers and Yankees.
Dodgers been doing that for years with the new management. They’re using the “we like the team/farm we have and will be aggressive in pursuing any/every free agent that can help us.” Payroll keeps going down every year and ticket prices/concessions continue to sky rocket

Tbf the Dodgers finally got out of the luxury tax penalties after 2018. But last year and especially this year with the SP on the market there’s no excuse, Guggenheim gotta pay up.

He’s a good pitcher when he’s on but he’s sporadic and injury prone. You’re going to be paying for 15-20 starts in years 3,4 and 5. I would’ve kept him for 3 years 50 million but he’s not worth the long term commitment. And just because the moron White Sox who are desperate for relevancy and bid on everyone we’re willing to pay doesn’t mean that he’s actually an elite pitcher.

Tbf the Dodgers finally got out of the luxury tax penalties after 2018. But last year and especially this year with the SP on the market there’s no excuse, Guggenheim gotta pay up.
That was all dead money and previous signings, nothing the new management did.

I understand the concept of the luxury tax, but there dodgers are probably top 3 in revenue every year, but are beginning to operate like the Rays.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom