2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

The idea of Zack Wheeler getting $100M+
619b5e132112fe09382c0b777175057d.png

mookie will get 200-250 and be worth it. But then again look at what machado hot and he’s a better player. So who knows. Mets need to make a push.

Multiple executives around Major League Baseball believe a trade of Boston Red Sox star Mookie Betts is "unlikely to happen" this offseason despite swirling rumors, according to ESPN.com's Jeff Passan.
“If Mookie wants to stay in Boston, we’ll pay him, we want him to be the face of the franchise. But it’s hard to know. He’s rejected our outreach in the past. We have to know if he’s open to signing a year before he hits free agency at the end of next season.” said a Sox Offical

Phils let the braves get Hamels for a year SMH

now phils bout to go pay 5-$125M for wheeler im sure faaaack

Phils let the braves get Hamels for a year SMH

now phils bout to go pay 5-$125M for wheeler im sure faaaack

Man I seen something like around $125M and up for Wheeler.

As a Sox fan I get you have to over pay to attract Free Agents to a team in a rebuild process, and with a healthy Kopech & In Giolito & Cease, Wheeler could be an anchor in a solid rotation, but anything over $115M I think Sox should back out of and go to plan B.

Meh. Gonna take more than Wheeler to fix this squad. Let's see what else we do. I think getting Stras and Cole is going to be difficult so this might have been the next best option.

Will anybody be shocked if Cole ends up anywhere else BUT LA?

Feel like it's a foregone conclusion he going back to his hometown area.

But we'll see.

deGrom's 5/150 was the best move the Mets made last and this off-season. Had they let him walk, he'd be commanding 250M. They'd have overpaid Wheeler to make up for Jacob leaving.

NL East active again this winter :pimp:

Wheeler getting more annually than Corbin did, didn’t see that coming.

well see what happens with wheeler... but that corbin deal was already worth it since the nats won the series

Wheeler comes in as the #2 in ritation on the phillies

the overpay comments always crack me up

if a team has a need and are looking to compete they will cough up the money most of the times. Phils still aint done wont surprise me if they go after stras as well

Reactions: HIM
But he’s being overpaid so yeah enjoy giving him front line money when he’s only been an ace for half of one season in the past three. He’s not worth 100 mill.
Mets selling a portion to Steve Cohen. Let’s go make a move for Betts or a Rendon and make a statement.

^ the nats let harper walk last year and they won the series with rendon...i doubt they let rendon walk... but free agency will be interesting to see who goes where

Back
Top Bottom