2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

A 5 year deal is not a that bad a move even if it is an overpay. What you don’t want to do is hand out those 10+ year deals to someone like Albert Pujols who will be arguably the worst everyday player in the league the last 6 years of the deal and hold your team hostage

I agree… rather overpay for a 5 year deal than more years than that…. That ellsbury deal is still terrible from day 1 until today smh…

That was all dead money and precious signings, nothing the new management did.

I understand the concept of the luxury tax, but there dodgers are probably top 3 in revenue every year, but are beginning to operate like the Rays.

im ok with cleaning up the previous regimes mistakes up first because the luxury tax and paying that repeater multiplier gets pricy. But now there’s no excuse. They tried throwing money at Bryce but short term. If Friedman and Kasten don’t use that freed up cash for 30 mil on Stras or Cole imma be mad.

Vernon-Bryant-dmn.jpg

Yeesh....
Appreciate the effort but....talk about needing to find a brand identity :lol:

Why wouldn't he want to play in Philly?
He’s not a hardo like Harper. He doesn’t even like baseball and has gone on record saying that multiple times - he just wants to chill and get paid. Too much fanfare in Philly I think, but that’s just my opinion.

:lol: Spring Training about to be awkward.

It was good to see a candid, honest reaction. Tampa's bad ownership gets bailed out by it's front office. Why would you trade a key component to your ALDS Game 5 run? Because his replacement is cheaper? You're asking a lot of Renfroe to match that kind of production.

Back
Top Bottom