2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

So you guys know how Scotty Smalls swiped his dad's autographed Babe Ruth ball and took it out to the Sandlot to play with? All these years watching this movie and it just now struck me.

Why didnt he just grab the ball that he was learning to play catch with? The one that gave him the black eye?
Why did he call him Baby Ruth not knowing who he was when he smacked it over the fence but when they talked to Mr. Myrtle at the end of the movie he knew his name was George Herman Ruth? That always bugged me too.

Because all they boys told him who he was. That's how he knew who he was at the end of the movie.

bruh wtf lol do they come with 2 tickets as well ?

i would never.. i know Majaestic Authentic was like $280 which is somewhat ok but still obsurd

Most majestics were in the $300s but this is a bit much. Even though this first year they’re still pretty much using majestics jersey from last season and aren’t using their base jersey until the nest season.

Heard some rumblings about a potential Red Sox to LAA trade to dump Betts, Price, and Eovaldi for luxury tax purposes. Sort of like what they did with Beckett, Crawford and Gonzalez in 2012.

Heard some rumblings about a potential Red Sox to LAA trade to dump Betts, Price, and Eovaldi for luxury tax purposes. Sort of like what they did with Beckett, Crawford and Gonzalez in 2012.
Somehow that trade worked out for both clubs. What would the Sox get back in the deal?

Somehow that trade worked out for both clubs. What would the Sox get back in the deal?

It would be mostly a money move to keep them below the luxury tax. Wouldn't expect them to get much more than a few prospects. I don't really know what the Angels farm is looking like TBH.

We just traded Sandy apparently.

ready to hear news of the phillies getting rid of Hernandez and Franco and hopefully Odubel Herrera

Don't know about you all, but I am already sick of teams "moving" players due to "budget concerns"

Bull****, owners are dragging down costs as much as possible and fans fall for it every year. The Brewers, sure, I can get that, the Red Sox, Cubs, and Mets? Naw, that's bogus. Those teams are loaded with money and should be using it. Same for the Dodgers and Yankees.

i would hate this. when we dumped those guys, they weren't doing much and were just anchors. Mookie is the best guy on the squad and the face of the team

i get not wanting to give him Trout/Harper money, though.

i would hate this. when we dumped those guys, they weren't doing much and were just anchors. Mookie is the best guy on the squad and the face of the team

i get not wanting to give him Trout/Harper money

Yeah I have no idea how it's gonna play out. He will command A LOT in free agency and if the Red Sox can't re-sign him now they need to do what they gotta do. Hope they come to terms.

Back
Top Bottom