2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

The tried doing that last season in their draft. Drafting nothing but pitchers :lol:

A lot of reports say the bigger problem with them is lack of scouting and player development for years.

I'm talking free agents though. They did fail with Thor, but get 3 or 4 proven guys to make a 1 year run then decide what to do with Ohtani afterwards. Draft picks won't help them now. And 1 big pitcher signing not enough.

I'm just spit-balling because if it were me at GM or whatever, I wouldn't just give up when you have the 2 guys they do. I'd go all out and see what can happen.

The Angels actually have a top 10 team ERA this year.

The offense has been awful tho. They’re like bottom 5 in everything except HRs
Same thing that’s killed the Pads since TRADE DEADLINE is the same thing that’s killed Angels all year…. Very few XBH and almost no XBH with RISP.

They can double and triple with the best of them, as long as a runner is Not on.

Pads scored 6
Only two XBH.
Drury HR with two on.
Crone worth double with 0 on.
Wait, Bell HR too with 0 on.
So 3 XBH.
That’s above average for them since ASB

You can’t win consistently like that.

Idk when the moment happen where M's twitter became Lakers twitter but here we are

When a batter leads his League in OPS/RBI/HR and the entire League in RBI/HR and #2 in OPS while batting near .300, the only way you challenge him for MVP is to wait for next year.

I've seen Soto, Ohtani and Judge to the M's in the span of a few months.

I've also admittedly contributed to this nonsense

Getting a sniff of the wildcard makes us do crazy things up here 🤷🏿‍♂️

Well you guys did give Robinson Cano that massive contract back in 2013 so it’s not completely crazy to think that you’ll go for a whale in the offseason

Gonna review the entire Orioles system to see if I can have some hope in this series.

Back
Top Bottom