2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

I made this joke before but the yanks are gonna have to make a statue of Judge next to the statue of liberty that looks like

85e841e971124962ec087755ca6da451.png

Name it Liberty, Judge and The American Way ...

I'm startin to get nervous ...

My thing is, take Ohtani off the Angels, they’re still a bad team. Take Judge off, the Yanks struggle to make the wild card. The last month has shown that pretty well.
Yeah this is how I see it too, but a good argument would be how their respective teams would perform if you swapped them. I think Judge should get it this season, both f/bWAR says the same too. With Ohtani, it'll be hard to really gather how much value he brings but I'm sure folks way smarter than us are trying to do that very thing with the metrics. Both pass the eye test and are balling tf out, but Judge's measurable stats AND team standing should push him above, imo.

Edit: this is crazy af

My thing is, take Ohtani off the Angels, they’re still a bad team. Take Judge off, the Yanks struggle to make the wild card. The last month has shown that pretty well.

Flip them and the yankees are the best team in the majors. The Angels are even worse than they already are.

Judge will get it though.

Yeah this is how I see it too, but a good argument would be how their respective teams would perform if you swapped them. I think Judge should get it this season, both f/bWAR says the same too. With Ohtani, it'll be hard to really gather how much value he brings but I'm sure folks way smarter than us are trying to do that very thing with the metrics. Both pass the eye test and are balling tf out, but Judge's measurable stats AND team standing should push him above, imo.

Edit: this is crazy af

These numbers are insane :lol:

Hope u all are ready to start rootin for the Yanks. Ohtani's gonna be in that pinstripe baseball tux soon :evil:

Pete Alonso is arguably the worst Mets player right now outside of McCann. In addition to just being a pull hitter, he can't recognize what's coming at him. 8 HRs since All Star and 4 RBIs over the last 15 games and counting. There is something wrong with his approach and it seems like the Mets have not identified it.

Back
Top Bottom