2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

Buck Showalter is losing the Manager of the Year award in real-time. He went from managing on a per game basis to outright punting and worrying about tomorrow.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't this injury happen a while ago?

Why get the surgery done now?
Because he got caught using PEDs so he’s trying to do the “right” thing and win the fans/players back. If he never got caught he wouldn’t have gotten the surgery hence the reason it’s taken so long.

I warned people. Everyone getting excited about the "easy schedule". Mets have a history of collapsing to inferior teams towards the end.

Beaches and beards must help LOL!

1662520228677.png

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't this injury happen a while ago?

Why get the surgery done now?

He kept putting off the surgery and even during his rehab last month he still had pain in the elbow. Padres GM and ownership basically told him after the PED scandal to get the surgery done. Reports are saying he’ll be back for spring training next season and ready to go when he can play in early May.

He’s definitely improved with his swing since his 1st season last year playing in MLB. He should win a gold glove this season also. Only other NL SS thats in the running is Trea Turner

Atlanta leading the NL East…

Thought that Mets lead was never in doubt a month ago.

I’m texting all my Mets guys the news right now.

IDGAF if they may be sleeping. I want them to wake up and hear the news from me first.

Last edited:
mr j 858 mr j 858 were you a huge fan of the color change when it happened? If not what was your favorite SD color scheme?

I was a huge fan of the change.

mr j 858 mr j 858 were you a huge fan of the color change when it happened? If not what was your favorite SD color scheme?

I was a huge fan of the change.

I’m glad we went back to the brown & gold’s 3 years ago. I wasn’t a fan of the early 2000’s blue, white, and golds. 90’s white, blue, orange will always have a special place for me. I was a senior in HS last time we went to the World Series in 1998. Brown & Orange from the mid 80’s era I like better than our current jerseys.

I’m glad we went back to the brown & gold’s 3 years ago. I wasn’t a fan of the early 2000’s blue, white, and golds. 90’s white, blue, orange will always have special place for me. I was a senior in HS last time we went to the World Series in 1998. Brown & Orange from the mid 80’s era I like better than our current jerseys.

I think you guys got it right. Perfect and unique.

The white/navy was too Yankee like.

Brown/Orange I’ll have to take a look but I feel that’d be too Giants like.

Back
Top Bottom