2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

Btw , I don't wanna anything else about Ohtani for MVP.

FB_IMG_1663258979859.jpg

Judge is basball Jesus .. :smokin

I’ve seen lots of stories of him pushing kids out of the way during BP to get balls. Dude is a loser.

I’ve seen this criticism of him a lot but I’ve never actually seen him do that. I do think he’s a bit narcissistic and there might be some mental issues going on there but he does genuinely seem to enjoy this hobby of his. He’s not a normal person. I think he’s some sort of trust fund baby (his father was a famous cartoonist and his mothers family owns Argosy book store in Manhattan) and with whatever mental stuff is going on, ball hawking is his obsession. One thing that I do like about his channel is that he shows all of the different baseball stadiums, places I’ll never go to. And it is endearing to see someone passionate about something as long as it’s not illegal or hurting anyone (assuming him pushing kids out of the way are just fake rumors).

Last edited:
I still watch PTI and they are all saying that if Judge gets the triple crown, there is no way he isn't the MVP. The numbers he is putting up are historic.

I think it will be close because some people are going to vote for Ohtani because of the pithing aspect but I think it should be Judge.

Who yall got for the NL MVP?

Goldschmidt ?

Only guy who came to mind right away.
I think Goldy has it but it's always weird when guys have teammates with WAR that are right next to theirs (Arenado). Mookie and Freeman are similar this season too, with Trea Turner and Tommy Edman as similar tie breakers.

Does the MVP award actually go to the most valuable player, or does it go to the best player? I've been saying Judge all year for the AL too, but Ohtani deserves it just as much. This was also interesting by CC:

Ohtani is a generational talent. We may not ever see another like him. That said, the Angels are 61-82 and his numbers are down from last year. Just because he can hit and pitch well doesn’t mean he should win the award by default. He does not deserve the MVP over Judge this year IMO

Yeah it just comes down to how much you value the award going to a player on a team that matters. If yes, Judge. If no, Ohtani.

AL MVP - Judge

As much as I love Ohtani but thanks to his two way position that gives him an advantage to get more WAR points than batters

NL MVP - Goldschmidt

I wanted to vote for Alcantara tho. Shame that he isn't having a good month. Definitely Cy Young tho

Last edited:
FcuB_WYXwAEfWvX

They used all lefty batters for their starting lineup in a game months ago. Tonight they will be fielding all Latinos in in their starting lineup

Back
Top Bottom