2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

And it happens when I leave. Wow.
97BC4AA2-A8B9-4CAD-B2A9-6DBD9A8B9E90.jpeg
157F1AF2-C995-4AFD-A64C-F8245441FB90.jpeg

:lol: Why?

MLB needs to step in and fix the A's and then step in and fix that ******** cigarette carton they call a baseball stadium. I wouldn't send my haters there.

I'm speechless. :lol: :rofl:

Have I ever even discussed the Dodgers in here? :lol: I'm not sure I've ever even said "Dodgers" til this post.

The friggin OP literally has Theo in it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
He's also a resident lurker in the Dodger thread. And you've definitely never posted in there :lol: :smh:

What Judge has done is impressive, there's no doubt about that, but it really seems only Yankees fans care - or those engaged with the frivolous task of arguing MVP consideration.

After '98, if you were watching then, and then the ensuing seasons, then Bonds...it's just kinda...meh.

I'm much more intrigued with Pujols getting 700.

Keeping it real, a lot of people just don't care about baseball. I used to hate baseball as a kid, basketball was more my thing. It took me a long time to appreciate baseball. It was bound to happen at some point because so many people on both sides of my family love and played the sport (some even professional) but I hated the game for a lot of years. Those people will never get won over. They'll rock the baseball caps and maybe a jersey here and there but they will never put baseball on the same pedestal as football or basketball. Baseball needs another Griffey type of star, it needs someone successful, cool and with dope kicks and gear.

Everything in baseball is meh. Because baseball does a terrible job marketing.

I agree...but I'm one who watches a lot of it so they probably could've/should've created more buzz to attract others who probably won't realize what they missed until after the fact.

To MLBs credit, things like the Field of Dreams game, LLWS game, as I said before, has tremendous potential and is great for the game. They just need to keep building on that.

Keeping it real, a lot of people just don't care about baseball. I used to hate baseball as a kid, basketball was more my thing. It took me a long time to appreciate baseball. It was bound to happen at some point because so many people on both sides of my family love and played the sport (some even professional) but I hated the game for a lot of years. Those people will never get won over. They'll rock the baseball caps and maybe a jersey here and there but they will never put baseball on the same pedestal as football or basketball. Baseball needs another Griffey type of star, it needs someone successful, cool and with dope kicks and gear.
I’ve ranted about Nike’s negligence with their baseball division. I get it may not be as profitable but it’s ridiculous how Trout is the only baseball player with a sig at the swoosh or jumpman…

Fear of God has done more to contribute to coolness of baseball than MLB or any other brand in the past decade imo…

People care about baseball. Maybe not a favorite of the young crowd, but baseball has turned regional. The expansion of the playoffs is something else I'd give credit for. They had rarely adapted the playoff format to match the increase of teams in the MLB over the years. There was 16 teams in like 1960...back then you fought for the pennant. Up until recently, you nearly double the amount of teams, but keep the playoffs to 4 in each league. It's no wonder you have some fanbases bowing out in July, because there's no chance.

Mariners as an example. Everyone is excited and buying tickets because they're about to end a 21 year drought...if we're in the old 4 team format, they're on the outside looking in, opposed to a near certainty that the drought finally ends.

Baseball is just slow to adapt and the creative forces that be need to be more vocal, because you don't have to "ruin the game" for traditionalists by doing so, if you do it right.

Back
Top Bottom