2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

Coupé It Coupé It you’re a big baseball and soccer fan. Makes me think are you foreign? Jw

I was born here, in Connecticut and then moved to Westchester County, NY in middle school. Then went to College and Grad school in South Florida.

My parents are both Portuguese but my Dad migrated to France when he was 8, so yea that’s where I get the “global vibe”. Most of family are in Portugal and France so I’ve been there at least 15 times in my life, we’d always spend Summer there.

But I grew up playing American Sports in CT and NY because that’s just what everyone else was doing.

Played High School Basketball, Baseball, and Football. But Basketball was my love. Walked on Freshman year of College without even really wanting to.

Soccer I will always love but it was difficult to play as a kid. No one was playing it and the kids league are a joke.

So I still loved Soccer because of my Pops, it’s a religion. Never stopped watching.

I was born here, in Connecticut.

My parents are both Portuguese but Dad migrated to France when he was 8, so yea that’s where I get the “global vibe”. Most of family are in Portugal and France so I’ve been there at least 15 times in my life, we’d always spend Summer there.

But I grew up playing American Sports in CT and NY because that’s just what everyone else was doing.

Played High School Basketball, Baseball, and Football. But Basketball was my love. Walked on Freshman year of College without even really wanting to.

Soccer I will always love but it was difficult to play as a kid. No one was playing it and the kids league are a joke.

So I still loved Soccer because of my Pops, it’s a religion. Never stopped watching.
Oh okay dope. Don’t see too many people like many different sports. I had initially deleted the question cause I went back and read it like umm this might come off the wrong way :lol:. Appreciate the response.

Oh okay dope. Don’t see too many people like many different sports. I had initially deleted the question cause I went back and read it like umm this might come off the wrong way :lol:. Appreciate the response.

Na I don’t mind, ask away.

People are always intrigued by who I am in IRL.

My whole life I was the mysterious dude :lol:

I’m a very casual baseball fan and only follow the Mets and seeing some of the batting averages of players is crazy. I’ll see some lineups with only 1 or 2 players hitting .300, the rest are barely .200. Then I see that .315 is good enough to win the AL batting title. That seems very low.
Baseball these days doesn’t value batting averages as much as in the past. I’ve heard recently heard that having an OPS over .800 is like the new .300, and guys are content at the plate as long as they square something up to get a chance at extra base hits.

Hate the “baseball is boring narrative”….
baseball is a boring sport. It was the first sport I got really into because that’s really the only sport Dominicans get passionate about (a little basketball too) but as I got older I just couldn’t take the pace anymore. 3+ hours with commercials for a game to run it’s course is too dam long to watch on tv. That said I still go to games every other week or so since I have the plug at both Yankee and citi but it’s out of habit I hardly watch what’s on the field and enjoy the food and scenery. Still want the greatest franchise in the sports history the Yankees to take it every year tho.

baseball is a boring sport. It was the first sport I got really into because that’s really the only sport Dominicans get passionate about (a little basketball too) but as I got older I just couldn’t take the pace anymore. 3+ hours with commercials for a game to run it’s course is too dam long to watch on tv. That said I still go to games every other week or so since I have the plug at both Yankee and citi but it’s out of habit I hardly watch what’s on the field and enjoy the food and scenery. Still want the greatest franchise in the sports history the Yankees to take it every year tho.

I get that.

There have been times where I backed off baseball but it’s still in my heart.

Plus I’m really excited about the new rule changes.

phils are going under the radar a bit in philly because of the eagles atm

but this **** is EMBARRASSING

luckily the mets won last night but maaan not feeling good bout these last 14 or so games.. 1 more vs jays and after we play the braves again for 4 more |l

3514B1E4-DC98-4DDA-B6A0-AAA271317D43.jpeg

MVP vote shouldn't even be close tbh

California

luckily the mets won last night but maaan not feeling good bout these last 14 or so games.. 1 more vs jays and after we play the braves again for 4 more |l

Yikes. I’m actually gonna attend a Phillies game Sunday vs the Braves. First time.

Home runs are cool but I love RBI’s and batting average. Those numbers are sexy to me.. Something about clearing the bases is cool. Paul O’Neil hitting 19 home runs but knocking in 100+ RBI’s. That’s dope. The single season record is 183. Manny Ramirez came the closest in the past 30 years with 165.

I doubt anyone will hit .400. But with these new rule changes who knows?

Home runs are cool but I love RBI’s and batting average. Those numbers are sexy to me. The single season record is 183. Manny Ramirez came the closest in the past 30 years with 165.

I doubt anyone will hit .400. But with these new rule changes who knows?
RBI just isn't an individual stat so I can't put any importance into it.

And nobody is hitting .400 against the stuff pitchers are throwing these days. League average is .240.

Most intriguing race is this one. Phil’s, Padres, and Brewers

California

Yikes. I’m actually gonna attend a Phillies game Sunday vs the Braves. First time.

enjoy brotha should be low 80s

those 1pm games are perfect on sundays as well ( i know football just started) but i love me some afternoon baseball on weekends

cubs/nats/astros to end our season after the braves thats 10 games where phils should at least go 7-3

So how much Would y’all offer/pay Aaron judge?

10 years 300-350 million? Defer some money aka Bobby Bonilla? I can’t see them giving him 400 million at age 30.

Back
Top Bottom