2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

311945873_647010273477612_6375859555571290615_n.jpg

Dana White was @ Petco tonight !

Still wrapping my head around the 111 win dodgers struggling.

I was too young to see the 116 win 2001 Mariners lose in the WS ALC, this feels like a similar collapse waiting to happen.

Last edited:
Still wrapping my head around the 111 win dodgers struggling.

I was too young to see the 116 win 2001 Mariners lose in the WS ALC, this feels like a similar collapse waiting to happen.

In Baseball the regular season just doesn't matter.

You see it all the time. A team gets going at the right time.

We could possibly see Padres vs Phillies in the NLCS.

Nobody saw that 2 months go. Both teams are just hot at the right time. This bye for the division winners might not be a great thing.

Conventional wisdom in baseball or at least the measurable trend that has been accurate for past World Series winners, has gone out the window this post season (NL only). Normally the hottest team since the all-star break is the team that wins the pennant and eventually the World Series.

The two best and hottest teams since this season’s all-star break are the Braves and Dodgers. There is a high probability both of these teams get sent home today. If the Braves nor Dodgers win the pennant this year, I can’t see the NL representative beating the eventual AL winner.

Conventional wisdom in baseball or at least the measurable trend that has been accurate for past World Series winners, has gone out the window this post season (NL only). Normally the hottest team since the all-star break is the team that wins the pennant and eventually the World Series.

The two best and hottest teams since this season’s all-star break are the Braves and Dodgers. There is a high probability both of these teams get sent home today. If the Braves nor Dodgers win the pennant this year, I can’t see the NL representative beating the eventual AL winner.

If the Padres beat us...they winning it all.

Only true scary team in the AL is Houston.

And I'll root for any team to beat them....

Phillies are hot rn, but do they have enough pitching to keep their run going? As for Houston, they’re deep AF and have the perfect formula, yet the M’s have been right there in both games. ****, Guardians can **** around and take it too LOL!

Post season ball is a different jungle, see Aaron Judge’s start to it this season, as well as the Dodger lineup. With the short series, going 0-4 as a batter is like going 0-12 at times because there’s just so much urgency and chances are finite.

Houston isn't a disappointment at all.

But they aren't some juggernaut either.

Two swings changed each game.

I replied to one of a-friend a-friend hot take posts on here after the last regular season series at home against the Dodgers. Dude came in and claimed the Padres had zero chance in the playoffs.

Also like I told a bunch of Padres haters on here, on other forums and in person a team can get hot and make a deep playoff run. All you have to do is look recently at teams like the Braves last year and the Nationals in 2019.

Back
Top Bottom