2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

At the beginning of the offseason they predicted his contract could approach 6-8 yrs maybe $200 mil max. Said as winter meetings approach could possibly pass $200 mil, and signs for close to $300 mil?

My Padres buddy is PISSED - said they will get 4 years out of him and then it will turn into an Albert albatross 😂😂

Padres aren't done also.

Don't be surprised if they end up signing Senga, Rodon or Bassitt.

While making a trade for someone else.

Xander is also a back up plan when Manny opts out after next season and if he demands to much money or wants to go home to Miami.

Xander is also a back up plan when Manny opts out after next season and if he demands to much money or wants to go home to Miami.
He’s not opting out to go home to Miami where they won’t be in line to compete like the Padres should be. Padres would be silly to let him walk after all this as well.

fjdhdbdbjdj.gif

He’s not opting out to go home to Miami where they won’t be in line to compete like the Padres should be. Padres would be silly to let him walk after all this as well.

He sure as heck will opt out if he has another MVP level type season like he just had this past season. And plenty of teams will throw him the bag to lure him away.

Also Florida is a income tax free state.

He sure as heck will opt out if he has another MVP level type season like he just had this past season. And plenty of teams will throw him the bag to lure him away.

Also Florida is a income tax free state.

the jury is still out if the Marlins are a real team. they'll make an offer but won't be surprised if it's pennies by comparison

How are the Padres just taking over everything?

And how are the Dodgers and Giants just allowing it to happen?

You’re telling me San Diego is now the baseball capital of California now bro?

Damn.

Also Florida is an income tax free state.
Yea, but again, it’d be silly for San Diego to let him walk when he’s been basically the main piece of the foundation y’all have been building. He leaves, you’ve taken a step backwards.

How are the Padres just taking over everything?

And how are the Dodgers and Giants just allowing it to happen?

You’re telling me San Diego is now the baseball capital of California now bro?

Damn.
I don’t know about the Giants but it’s been obvious for awhile that Dodgers are going all in on Ohtani :pimp:

Plus at end of the day pitching wins chips. Look how lights out the Stros bullpen was in the postseason :smh:

I put the chance Devers being a Red Sox in 2024 at maybe 10%

Not a chance in hell he doesn’t see Mookie then Xander and doesn’t say make me the highest paid player in baseball or I’m out.

Would be weird to see them let Devers go though after signing/bolstering the bullpen and Yoshida. Then again I find it weird they didn’t resign Bogearts. Although I feel the Pads just through money at him just to finally land a signing.

cool to see the Pads going for it knowing they have the bulk of the squad in place. just need to add some jewels to push them over the edge. we'll see what else they do

Back
Top Bottom