2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

Would be weird to see them let Devers go though after signing/bolstering the bullpen and Yoshida. Then again I find it weird they didn’t resign Bogearts. Although I feel the Pads just through money at him just to finally land a signing.

They won’t let him go. He’s going to choose to leave.

There probably isn’t a contract extension they can offer that he’d take. He’s going to test the market. And will get $35mil a year.

There’s a difference between not acquiring someone in free agency and not taking care of your home growns.
That is likely going to matter in negotiations.

Fjb0h3hVEAAkqrw

If Red Sox lose Mookie, Xander, and Devers 😬

i'll never stop rooting for the team but i'm close to done with spending $150+ per ticket and $15 a beer to go to games, man. it's getting ridiculous. not supposed to be some small market ******** *** team but we brought in chaim bloom to run this team like the ******* Rays

It was said the Red Sox offered 7yrs/$190 something. Just below $200 mil. Which would have been a higher AAV than the Pads offer. That’s also around the contract he was projected to receive just prior to the offseason, so I don’t think Boston necessarily cheaped out.

Pads just tact on a bunch of years to lower the AAV and threw a lot more money at him that no one thought he’d get. That might be the Pad’s tax after missing out on Turner and Judge, and seeing the money they offered them.

After boosting their pen and adding Yoshida, they’d pretty much have to go all in on him and give him what he wants.

Had a feeling the padres were going throw a big contract out there after missing out on judge and trea.... That lineup is looking crazy especially if they all healthy and playing well... They going to have pay soto next once his contract is up

Xander gave them the discount too by taking that 11th year. Shows how much he wants to help the team.

You stay taking shots lol

All good though I see how it is

He took a team discount in 2019..he wanted to be paid this time.. he gets paid still with the 11 years while having a lower AAV for the team

25M AAV is a steal these owners dont care bout the back ends

Last edited:
Reactions: HIM
Back
Top Bottom