2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

They weren’t going to name him as replacement if he won’t be available to pitch Tuesday anyway. Probably should have been named a reserve but I don’t know of the slow start and the team bad play (causing his below .500 record; not his fault entirely, I know) kind of made him and after thought.

My question though, is will he be pitching for San Diego come August and September. If they’re still way out and he’s still pitching like this, would be kind of foolish to not try to get some kind of return for him. I don’t think they’re just going to run this same roster back next year with the kind of money they’re throwing around and poor performance this year.

I go back and forth on this a lot and they will make moves at the deadline that’s for certain. But Preller is such a wild card you never know what that dude is plotting. IMO if they’re not close coke deadline you’ve got to trade Blake and Hader. You could move Lugo to closer and get a nice haul for both of them. Blake’s stock is never gonna be as high as it is right now and you gotta cash out.

But like I said Preller is insane and probably going to double down and try and do something crazy.

Not sure if the Angles owner is ignorant but I’m assuming they are confident they’ll sign if they don’t trade him because like you said it ain’t gonna be easy for them at all.
They have no confidence he’ll re-sign if/when they miss the post season again. Seems like for Arte it’s really content with keeping Ohtani just to collect $ from gates and international sponsors until the end of season.

Yeah Arte sucks I wish he would’ve sold the damn team.
I'm damn near done with the team as long as he's the owner. Butts in seats is literally all he cares about. And from a business standpoint, that's financially sound logic. I get it: The bottom line is the bottom dollar.

You can't ONLY be about finances as a sports team owner, though. I mean, I guess you can, because he is.

I'm damn near done with the team as long as he's the owner. Butts in seats is literally all he cares about. And from a business standpoint, that's financially sound logic. The bottom line is the bottom dollar. You can't ONLY be about finances as a sports team owner, though. I mean, I guess you can, because he is.

I still watch nearly every game but it’s hard to stomach it bc we know what’s coming and we have a moron of an owner.

Okay Nats. Funny thing is the team can hit but it doesn’t translate into wins. Looking at you pitching staff :lol:

Won the last 4 outta 5 series (Padres, Mariners, Phillies, Rangers). We’ll let you come back Soto but it’ll be at a discount.

According to my calculations we are only 13.5 games back now I believe :rofl:

Mad Max is washed. Even more than Verlander at this point in their careers. Considering their age. Mets better hope he opts out of the final year of his contract.

Also how the heck is Pete Alonso just hitting 213

masagipatron masagipatron

IMG_3930.gif

IMG_3933.gif

Fam. When the Padres win when it counts, mention me. Congrats, you beat an old man. I forgot about the big eared pitcher y’all got. And after this, I’ll forget about him again.

Fam. When the Padres win when it counts, mention me. Congrats, you beat an old man. I forgot about the big eared pitcher y’all got. And after this, I’ll forget about him again.

You’re old a*s was not even a teenager the last the time the Mets 1 of their 2 ribgs in 1986

Back
Top Bottom