2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

🔥🔥🔥

20230709_003701.jpg

Insane :rofl:

You sure Mookie didn’t want it structured that way?
I don’t know. But it’s not common (to my knowledge) for superstars to take diverted money 20 years after they retire. I’ve actually heard the contrary that guys didn’t sign with a team because they were going to get too much money “diverted” to later years.

I’ve heard the argument several times that the money is worth “less” in the future than it does if you get it now. But what do I know, I’m poor

I don’t know. But it’s not common (to my knowledge) for superstars to take diverted money 20 years after they retire. I’ve actually heard the contrary that guys didn’t sign with a team because they were going to get too much money “diverted” to later years.

I’ve heard the argument several times that the money is worth “less” in the future than it does if you get it now. But what do I know, I’m poor

Me too. Rich folks problems....lol

Mickey Moniak seems like a good example of a "change of scenery" or "home cooking" guy (even if he played a handful of games after being traded last season)

Preview of what’s to come at the Ravine next season :pimp:

Poor guy looks miserable. Get him out of that ****show ASAP. Dont waste his career like Trout :smh:

Angels have fallen to 4th in the AL West and their schedule until the deadline is no slouch. Do the right thing, Arte. Trout and Rendon out, with Ohtani likely walking this offseason. It’ll only look worst if the Angels hang onto him and not give him a shot for the postseason asap.

Angels have fallen to 4th in the AL West and their schedule until the deadline is no slouch. Do the right thing, Arte. Trout and Rendon out, with Ohtani likely walking this offseason. It’ll only look worst if the Angels hang onto him and not give him a shot for the postseason asap.

Not sure if the Angles owner is ignorant but I’m assuming they are confident they’ll sign if they don’t trade him because like you said it ain’t gonna be easy for them at all.

They weren’t going to name him as replacement if he won’t be available to pitch Tuesday anyway. Probably should have been named a reserve but I don’t know of the slow start and the team bad play (causing his below .500 record; not his fault entirely, I know) kind of made him and after thought.

My question though, is will he be pitching for San Diego come August and September. If they’re still way out and he’s still pitching like this, would be kind of foolish to not try to get some kind of return for him. I don’t think they’re just going to run this same roster back next year with the kind of money they’re throwing around and poor performance this year.

Back
Top Bottom