2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

i'd put Pillar in pinstripes in a hot minute to replace Gardner or even Hicks when he's a FA ...

i tend to get very open very easily :rofl:

catch was legit tho ... :smokin

The Rays just took a 9-4 lead in the 16th and used a catcher to close the game.

It's going about as well as you think it is.

Rays being 43-42 is amazing to me

every year they maximize their dog**** roster
I swear they've got like the best AL era or something the past month or so. And they've been washing every team as a home underdog lol

#Analytics even without Maddon

I can't believe the Nats are such dog **** ... They need to trade Bryce, sign Bryce or fire Davey Martinez before the allstar break ... Something to light a fire or stabilize this ******* team ...

Do not rotate Michael A. Taylor, he is a bench player ... Or, better yet, trade him and pieces for Realmuto ...

Minus whale trade Bryce. Any chance he resigns with the Nats?

I don't see it happening, but to be fair, I see him coming to Chicago, and have for the last year. Obviously a lot can happen in 5 months to change that, but at this point I don't see how or why he would stay in DC.

Minus whale trade Bryce. Any chance he resigns with the Nats?
There isn't a chance in hell Bryce resigns with the Nats ... He is NOT coming back after this season ...

The problem is he is damn near leading the NL in homeruns and we aren't that far back to where a few wins doesn't close the playoffs gap ... It is clear we are in win now mode but can't stay healthy enough to actually make noise ...

I think the right thing to do as a GM would be to call it a season and tank for the future ... This includes trying to get an elite prospect or 3 ...

Before the season I’d say it was 50/50 if Bryce stayed or left.

No way the Nats come close to giving him what he asks for. Especially after the emergence of Juan Soto and with Victor Robles ready for the big leagues too.

They need to extend Rendon then invest in the rotation and at 2B. Murphy, Gio, Madson, Weiters and Harper among others will all be off the books next year. They’ll have money to spend and they’ll need to with the Braves and Phillies ahead of schedule.

Nats down 7-0 in the 2nd, all runs with two outs including an error and hit batter ... They are finished ...

It's a hard pill to swallow but they need to think about the future and unload their bullpen and position players who aren't going to be here next year ... People like Madson, Murphy, Gio and if anything can be worked out, Harper ... It is tough given everyone knows Harper is out next year but anything for him at this point is a positive for a half year rental ... I think we can get a big prospect ...

Apparently Mad Max had a discussion with the team yesterday ... The responses tell you all we need to know about it ... Eaton says something like not many people compete like Max ... Harper says it's cool to be in this position ... What a ******* joke ...

How many games do y’all attend a year? I’ve always been curious.

I always make it a goal to make it to 10 Giants Games and 10 A’s games.

Back
Top Bottom