2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

That comeback showed me a lot. This team isn’t ready to surrender. I’m pumped up. If that doesn’t ignite a turnaround, nothing will.

That comeback showed me a lot. This team isn’t ready to surrender. I’m pumped up. If that doesn’t ignite a turnaround, nothing will.
Nice win and I hate to be negative, but this is an 83-79 team. It’s gonna click too late for them unfortunately.

jjs07 jjs07 what makes you think Werth would be a good hire?

Dude is non-BS. The culture of the team was a little different when he was there. Really nice guy off the field (met him a couple of times,) but he holds EVERYONE accountable and pays crazy attention to detail. He's the anti-Dave Martinez. I'd have to think the clubhouse and the way some of the guy approach the game would be drastically changed. If the season goes down the toilet, I'd have to think he'd be in the discussion for next manager if Martinez is shown the door.

Damn jjs07 jjs07 never?! That is one of my favorite baseball highlights of all time!

:lol: I got sucked down the MLB rabbit hole on youtube the other night. For some reason I started out watching eephus pitches, then it led me to watching RA Dickey throwing a bullpen session, to then watching RA Dickey explain his knuckleball...but on the side of the screen was a vid titled "Jose Guillen Mutant Throw." I was curious...watched it at least 5x. Probably the best OF throw I've ever seen.

put this in the Yankee thread ..

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...-nationals-yankees-harper-20180705-story.html

Harper: Bryce Harper taking grounders at first base shows slumping slugger is focused more on free agency than struggling Nationals ...

if the Yanks wind up signing this dude to 1B i will take the best care of myself, jog, eat right , just so i don't miss out on the next 10 years ... sorry for sounding so girly but i like being the guy that everybody can't stand this time of year :lol: :smokin

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...-nationals-yankees-harper-20180705-story.html

Harper: Bryce Harper taking grounders at first base shows slumping slugger is focused more on free agency than struggling Nationals ...

if the Yanks wind up signing this dude to 1B i will take the best care of myself, jog, eat right , just so i don't miss out on the next 10 years ... sorry for sounding so girly but i like being the guy that everybody can't stand this time of year :lol: :smokin

Bryce at 1B? TF :lol: .

How many games do y’all attend a year? I’ve always been curious.

I always make it a goal to make it to 10 Giants Games and 10 A’s games.

This summer

I attended four Yankees games so far, three Cyclones games (soon fourth game this Sunday) and ZERO Mets game

Don't think I attend a Mets game for the first time

Martinez is having him do this because we have so many OFs on the roster it’d give him flexibility.

First him shaving while he’s slumping means he’s a Yankee, now this :lol:

How old are you 70 ? :lol:

How many games do y’all attend a year? I’ve always been curious.

I always make it a goal to make it to 10 Giants Games and 10 A’s games.

Been to 5 Yankees games so far.

Usually never go to that many but winning + some good deals got me in.

Mariners need to hit up Minnesota for some players. Rent Dozier for the rest of the season and kick the tires on Ervin Santana.

Mariners need to hit up Minnesota for some players. Rent Dozier for the rest of the season and kick the tires on Ervin Santana.

they have no prospects left lol

interested in our Hamels

on another note... Shin Soo Choo having a career year 45 game on base streak
happy for him

Joey Bats' first career regular season walk off homer? That's a surprise

DheDW26VAAEo05Y.jpg

Back
Top Bottom