2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

What a ****in joke, Andujar had the better year. It's ****in obvious. Money barely even pitched cause he blew his ****in arm out so why give him credit for four games of pitching. That's ****in weak as ****.

Andujar definitely deserved to win AL ROY, but Ohtani was something else. I understand the frustration of most, but I wouldn’t say he was robbed.

Ohtani ? word ??

20180907193340-65.gif

baseball straight picking their stars . not cause TWO of my guys deserved it over this guy but cause TWO OF MY GUYS DESERVED IT OVER THIS GUY !!!!

sick right now man ....

Last edited:
The more I think about it, the less I believe Andujar got robbed. I get the argument about Ohtani not having as many at-bats/innings in as other players, but stop and consider how ludicrous it is that we’re trying to discredit him for what he didn’t do as a pitcher AND batter.

Look at the numbers he put up when he did play and anyone can see that he was a plus batter/pitcher. Ohtani deserved it more.

The more I think about it, the less I believe Andujar got robbed. I get the argument about Ohtani not having as many at-bats/innings in as other players, but stop and consider how ludicrous it is that we’re trying to discredit him for what he didn’t do as a pitcher AND batter.

Look at the numbers he put up when he did play and anyone can see that he was a plus batter/pitcher. Ohtani deserved it more.

^^^
LOL, exactly!

Also for further context, here's some numbers against playoff teams:
Player A: In 156 plate appearances .243/.282/.365, 3 HR, 9 RBI.
Player B: In 149 plate appearances, .271/.336/.519, 9 HR, 23 RBI.

Guess who is who...

Edit: A = Andujar
B = Ohtani

Last edited:
Reactions: HIM
Player A

IP - 51.2
SO - 63
ERA - 3.31

Player B

IP - 0
SO - 0
ERA - 0

Without looking up who is who...who had better numbers?

AL ROY

1. Shohei Ohtani

2. Miguel Andujar

3. Gleyber Torres

This shouldn't even be a debate -- Ohtani produced 3.6 fWAR and 3.8 rWAR this year when you combine his bat and his pitching, and did so in less than a full season of playing time in either role (although 300 AB and 50 innings is, taken together, something like a full workload). He should win this with a unanimous vote; no one else is close, not even Torres, whom I once ranked as the No. 2 prospect in baseball and still believe is a future star, and whose numbers took a small hit because he spent the year playing a new position.

Lol at this being controversial. They made the right choice.

I think Andujar had a more important impact on his team given the fact that ya know, the Yankees were relevant all season long.

I think Andujar had a more important impact on his team given the fact that ya know, the Yankees were relevant all season long.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thank God he was there to carry Judge, Stanton, Gregorious, Sanchez, and yet another stud rookie in Torres. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thank God he was there to carry Judge, Stanton, Gregorious, Sanchez, and yet another stud rookie in Torres. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wasn't a question of carrying. It's a matter of producing over the course of the entire season essentially when Ohtani missed time.

I'm also not gonna lose sleep over this. Hideki in 2003 was more of a robbery tho.

Back
Top Bottom