2023 NFL Draft Thread: Rounds 4-7 4/29

I keep seeing people say that Gonzalez is better than Witherspoon. Other than size I don’t see it. Witherspoon has that dog in him. Gonzalez can be a bit passive at times.

also have to factor in Gonzalez is only 20 and his movement skills and speed at that size

Witherspoon definitely has that dog on him.. but Gonzalez has talent on another level and you just can’t teach size, speed and the ability to be that fluid of an athlete at that size

plus depending on scheme you might like other guys over Witherspoon too

i personally wouldn’t agree.. but I could see THAT being the reason to prioritize another position rather than taking the lesser player

I prefer Gonzalez, but I wouldn’t be upset if the Raiders take Witherspoon if he is there.

The “experts” do say there is a sizable gap between Gonzalez/Witherspoon from the rest though.

I prefer Gonzalez, but I wouldn’t be upset if the Raiders take Witherspoon if he is there.

The “experts” do say there is a sizable gap between Gonzalez/Witherspoon from the rest though.

id say it’s those 2.. Then banks

and then it depends on what scheme you play and being able to maximize guys.. then when you get to porter and probably kelee

gonzalez has the highest upside and probably most versatile.. but Witherspoon got that dog in him and can’t teach that

if it aint Jalen Carter, raiders better select Gonzalez or Witherspoon. I can’t handle another Clelin Ferrell pick. Or DJ Hayden. Or Damon Arnette. Or Alex Leatherwood. Or Gareon Conley.

edit: Or a Jamarcus Russell. or a Darius Heyward-Bey. Or Jonathan Abram.

Last edited:
id say it’s those 2.. Then banks

and then it depends on what scheme you play and being able to maximize guys.. then when you get to porter and probably kelee

gonzalez has the highest upside and probably most versatile.. but Witherspoon got that dog in him and can’t teach that

Yeah I agree that Gonzalez has the highest upside. But Witherspoon is a pitbull. Dude just has that swagger about him and wants to knock your block off. Great mechanics too but he can be too handsy at times and NFL refs won’t hesitate to throw flags :lol:

I didn’t watch many Oregon or Illinois games but just watching the tape it’s clear Witherspoon is an alpha that’s gonna influence the culture.

Yeah I agree that Gonzalez has the highest upside. But Witherspoon is a pitbull. Dude just has that swagger about him and wants to knock your block off. Great mechanics too but he can be too handsy at times and NFL refs won’t hesitate to throw flags :lol:

I didn’t watch many Oregon or Illinois games but just watching the tape it’s clear Witherspoon is an alpha that’s gonna influence the culture.

all depends on what you want out of your DBs

for example, made zero sense to me for the Texans to draft stingley 3rd overall last year and have him play a ton of cover 2

but I’d be happy with either guy for my team

but like with tackle and edge rushers, going be interesting as hell to see the order they end up going in and schemes they end up in

I want the Vikings to trade up for CJ Stroud if he drops to 10.

Otherwise, go defense.

It’s good we haven’t heard anything about them and Stroud imo, same thing happened with Fields (now that was Spielman), but you don’t want people to know.

How would y’all feel if that was our Round 1? 651akathepaul 651akathepaul carver carver TipsyMcStagga TipsyMcStagga K Kierris

You have to think of it as what we would have to give up to move from 23 to 10, in addition to what your personal opinion is of Stroud.

I'm ok on Stroud, but I have no idea what they even have to give in a trade. If it's multiple later round picks, then I kinda just want them to pick where they are and get one of the corners or WRs - even trade down to get more picks. The one good thing if they go QB is that the offense has more than enough pieces on that side of the ball around him. All I know is they need to get younger, cheaper and way more talented on defense.

Texans:

Anderson
Richardson or Levis

Anchor in the defense and hopefully Richardson lasts - redshirt year and go. Highest upside/potential but gotta swing for the fences with a QB.

my eagles wish list for tomorrow night

involving pick 10, in order
- (I say involving because certain guys would call for trading up, which is why Anderson is last):
a) jalen carter
b) Christian gonzalez
c) Nolan smith
d) devon Witherspoon
e) will Anderson

involving 30:
a) bijan
b) deonte banks
c) Broderick jones
d) Darnell wright
e) porter jr
f) zay flowers
g) kelee ringo
h) Drew sanders

Gimme Zay Flowers or one of the top 3 corners. Please don’t trade up for Richardson (not too worried about that)

in reality, i know we're trading back :lol:

Last edited:
Some draft day classics
4E9E60AE-D400-4715-8E17-878FAE083146.gif

F424E8DB-BCDC-4A70-8E2F-FD5BA8DDD552.gif

9CE503AF-95D0-49FB-BF5B-6F389143626F.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom