2023 Official MLB Season Thread

Players union are OK with this. Why would they be oppose to a player making $700mil? Dodgers are still going to pay him. He’s not taking a pay cut. THATS when the MLBPA has a problem with. Not someone getting almost a billion :lol:

Ohtani isn't asking for less money though....

In the long run he will be. Money today is not the same tomorrow.

But the PA might really not be able to do anything like someone mentioned anyways.

I don’t know if they can or can’t.

Don’t think the PA is going to be too upset as he’s still getting paid. Plus it allows my guys to get paid as well.

The Dodgers contract is Ohtani’s great-grandkids and great-great-grandkids’ money. He probably won’t spend his Angels contract during his lifetime.

The PA will do this next.

Let’s add an interest rate to differed payments.

Then they’ll REALLY be making money.

:sick:

Because all we know is it takes one team to set a new precedent that every other team will try to copy...

We're saying a team could theoretically (and legally) field a starting lineup with the 9 highest contracts in MLB and not have to pay them anything if they all fully deferred? And team salary would be at basically zero for the season? (extreme example)
Yea the league is definitely gonna try to close that loophole whenever the CBA expires :lol:

Small market owners are gonna throw a fit when this catches on with the big market teams

Because all we know is it takes one team to set a new precedent that every other team will try to copy...

We're saying a team could theoretically (and legally) field a starting lineup with the 9 highest contracts in MLB and not have to pay them anything if they all fully deferred? And team salary would be at basically zero for the season? (extreme example)
Steve Cohen rubbing his palms right now :smh:

They’re saying this is bad for baseball. I don’t think so.

This is great. Now we have a villain again.

More people are engaging.

NYY vs LAD WS will break baseball.

50 million viewers Game 1…..watch. Baseball is back.

They said he’s making $50 mil a season in endorsements which allowed this deferment to happen.

What an ideal situation for both Ohtani and the Dodgers. They definitely have to get Yamamoto now.
They’re saying this is bad for baseball. I don’t think so.

This is great. Now we have a villain again.

More people are engaging.

NYY vs LAD WS will break baseball.

50 million viewers Game 1…..watch. Baseball is back.

Whoever says this is bad for baseball is sour grapes.

What an ideal situation for both Ohtani and the Dodgers. They definitely have to get Yamamoto now.

F566D67B-33F3-4089-A7D1-D13DA0E3E34A.gif
77D784A8-B450-4937-960B-63789895FAE1.gif

He might be right.

The Yankees have been riding on a “we’re getting Yamamota” big vibe for weeks now.

Now I’m really not quite sure. :lol:

Shiiiitttt. They better figure something out.

if the Yanks would've signed him to this deal with the same deferred payments u people ( and everyone else ) would be going apesh*t. so with that i say THE DODGERS RUINED BASEBALL !!!!

it's not fair to the rest of us who can't afford these moves. give other teams a shot, not fair how these rich teams just throw money around like everyone has it. give some of us a chance too :angry::angry:

it's not fair .....

Back
Top Bottom