2023 Official MLB Season Thread

What should we be talking about on February 15th JRS?

This is arguably the biggest scandal in the sport's history. Not sure why it shouldnt be discussed at this point in time. Especially because Astros players/front office members throw more gas on the fire every day.

for real, this is literally the only baseball news happening right now, and it’s kind of a big deal word to Ron burgundy. ST hasn’t really started yet, no transactions going on. We can talk prospects and ST and rosters next week when there’s actual stuff to talk about.

Yeah this story isn’t going away and the way the players and owner handled it, they’re making it worse everyday. They all handled it as poorly as you could have. I love hearing players speak out. The commissioner looks like a ****in moron. This will get worse and I think it will be bad all year long.

I haven't come close to bashing the Stros like others, but damn.......Correa. :lol: :rofl:

Someone needs to hire a PR firm for them STAT.

"Fair and square" *Sensible chuckle*

What should we be talking about on February 15th JRS?

This is arguably the biggest scandal in the sport's history. Not sure why it shouldnt be discussed at this point in time. Especially because Astros players/front office members throw more gas on the fire every day.
Because honestly what else is there to say? Everyone’s said their part, nothing is going to happen, move on and talk about some real stuff. I need arrenado to get traded or the Wilpons to do something stupid so we can talk about something else.

Because honestly what else is there to say? Everyone’s said their part, nothing is going to happen, move on and talk about some real stuff. I need arrenado to get traded or the Wilpons to do something stupid so we can talk about something else.

man every day someone on the Astros comes out and says something dumber than the previous guy the previous day, so we got more to talk about :lol: when they start giving "no comment both teams played hard next question" answers, and when other news starts popping up, then we can talk about something else.

shoot, I just remembered we got Mookie last week :pimp:

If the Astros played the bum *** Mets in the World Series JRS would be outside the MLB offices petitioning for imprisonment of everyone in the Astros organization
Nah honestly I wouldn’t give a ****. Go out and beat the team instead of *****ing about losing when you couldn’t get a hit with runners in scoring position.

I haven't come close to bashing the Stros like others, but damn.......Correa. :lol: :rofl:

Someone needs to hire a PR firm for them STAT.

"Fair and square" *Sensible chuckle*

the Astros do have a PR firm though...they’re the same guys that advised Enron.....

also if you’re annoyed about all this talk now, just wait until the middle of the season and they’re struggling. It’s going to be glorious.

the Astros do have a PR firm though...they’re the same guys that advised Enron.....

also if you’re annoyed about all this talk now, just wait until the middle of the season and they’re struggling. It’s going to be glorious.
They’re not going to be struggling. Knowing the pitch and not knowing the pitch isn’t this enormous drop off. The only real difference is guys like Bregman aren’t going to draw a walk 20% of the time anymore.

It’s definitely an advantage. We’re so sure they’re not going to struggle at any point this year. Their pitching staff isnt anywhere near the same as last year. There‘s a good possibility teams are going to put some runs up on them. At bats are much different when playing from behind. Astros can tell you that after Last years WS.

Nah honestly I wouldn’t give a ****. Go out and beat the team instead of *****ing about losing when you couldn’t get a hit with runners in scoring position.

we know the Dodgers hitters were complete garbage with RISP but that doesnt mean the Astros didnt have a significant advantage in winning. shoot look at game 2 and game 5, 6-7 and 12-13. we put up more than enough runs and lost since, oh damn they knew what pitches were coming and how to attack them.

EVERYONE knows pitches come different from behind, and the Asterisks jumped out early, often.

It shouldn't have to be explained how big of an advantage it is knowing what pitch is coming, RIGHT NOW, AS YOU'RE BATTING.

EVERYONE knows pitches come different from behind, and the Asterisks jumped out early, often.

It shouldn't have to be explained how big of an advantage it is knowing what pitch is coming, RIGHT NOW, AS YOU'RE BATTING.

this.

I look forward to them struggling. The jokes, the memes, the people blowing whistles or banging trash cans before pitches, the pitchers that bean players just cuz all season, the first time they lose 3-4 in a row on the road, it's gonna be a circus.

And I still don't sweat it. Every team cheats. In some way, big or small, every team cheats.

"No punishment for Houston"

Well, no punishment for Bonds either.
Or Clemens.
Papi.
McGwire, Sosa, Bret Boone, Brady Anderson etc etc etc.

Houston just got caught, first.

I look forward to them struggling. The jokes, the memes, the people blowing whistles or banging trash cans before pitches, the pitchers that bean players just cuz all season, the first time they lose 3-4 in a row on the road, it's gonna be a circus.

And I still don't sweat it. Every team cheats. In some way, big or small, every team cheats.

"No punishment for Houston"

Well, no punishment for Bonds either.
Or Clemens.
Papi.
McGwire, Sosa, Bret Boone, Brady Anderson etc etc etc.

Houston just got caught, first.

Bonds getting the worst punishment doe 😔

Back
Top Bottom