2023 Official MLB Season Thread

I heard a guy on the radio say he think Manfred hates baseball, I’m starting to believe he might be right.

Asking for a piece of metal back seems sort of a futile act.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA, please fire this guy. He really is a moron.

Wonder if Bellinger gonna keep this same energy towards his new teammate if the Boston findings are unfavorable :nerd:

Suspend the whole team idc. If every team is cheating is at a 4, their cheating went to 11 and they won a WS and they’re being dicks after the fact. A lot of steroid guys were retired after the Mitchell report came out, a-rod got a whole year suspension and now there’s rules and protocols for PED punishments.

instead of calling the commissioners trophy a “piece of metal” this could’ve been manfreds chance to establish rules and regulations for high tech cheating for the new times and cement his spot in history. But instead he came out today and Jim Crane’d an interview.

laff.gif

How is it a fair point when there are literally hundreds of other ways that this could have been handled that are better than what they chose?

Obviously some are more realistic than others, but to question if there are other possible ways which the Astros can be punished beyond what was issued to them is absolutely comical.
I think you're conflating 'I agree with your point' and 'That's a fair point.'

I didn't say I agree; I said it was fair, where 'I'm ok with the cheating' was not a fair point to me. I questioned what I thought was 'I'm ok w/ the cheating' and it was then explained as 'They were punished HEAVY from my vantage point,' and that's a fair point. I disagree with that take, but it's a fair one.

They promised the players immunity from the jump, so nothing they could do there after the fact.

They fined them the maximum ($5 million).

Can't kill the Astros season too much by taking away more picks, post-season ban, etc. It's just business.

They should have stripped/vacated the championship. That doesn't really change anything, but at least it sends a symbolic message.

Quite frankly, I'm not so sure that MLB didn't want that championship going to Houston by any means necessary in the wake of Hurricane Harvey.

I think the immunity was always a cop out for the league to save themselves for probably going further.

Cant hide behind they were too scared to battle the PA

word. What’s the point in investigating anything if youre gonna give the guilty party immunity?

“hey I need to know if you murdered that guy. If you tell me the 100% honest truth, I won’t charge you.”

He’s not wrong about the piece of metal comment at all. They won the World Series. They experienced the triumph and the celebration. You aren’t taking that away from anyone. All you can literally take away is the piece of metal known as the trophy. It’s completely pointless. They already one. What are we supposed to live in an Orwellian world and pretend the 2017 World Series never happened? That’s a bigger insult to our intelligence than what he said. Y’all can keep running away with this is a travesty and the end of the world nonsense. Astros cheated. Deal with it.

He’s not wrong about the piece of metal comment at all. They won the World Series. They experienced the triumph and the celebration. You aren’t taking that away from anyone. All you can literally take away is the piece of metal known as the trophy. It’s completely pointless. They already one. What are we supposed to live in an Orwellian world and pretend the 2017 World Series never happened? That’s a bigger insult to our intelligence than what he said. Y’all can keep running away with this is a travesty and the end of the world nonsense. Astros cheated. Deal with it.

You are a die hard fan of the game now and I assume for your entire life. You have spent money, countless hours and actual emotion in watching baseball. And you just said that the World Series Trophy is just a piece of metal.
You are lying to yourself, simply because you are tired of this story. You dont truly believe that. You know it. I know it. NT knows it.

Who in the identity politics said end of the world?

You can’t take the celebration and the actual moment away. But the embarrassment of taking their trophy back and removing the 2017 banner along with Altuves MVP award would set a much needed precedent.

USC had a national championship stripped and forfeited a heisman trophy off guys getting paid under the table. Rules were broken but it had no impact on the actual game played. The way the Astros players have defiantly tried to defend their championship as legit shows that’s the one thing in all this which has any meaning to them.

Back
Top Bottom