2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

20210517_193753.jpg

Picked these up from GOAT. Sold my UNC off white 1s last year because I barely wore them since I never really had any blue/light blue colored clothes. Then recently started buying a lot of blue clothes and then didn’t have any shoes to match.
It was either these or the UNC 4s. I think I made the right choice. These are gonna be my go pair to this summer.
8D74B013-C804-4EF7-8E19-3A6F9E23C32D.jpeg
3AE8468A-D20E-455C-BC19-2F34C5669E89.jpeg
E85D50C1-D036-4D21-8DA4-55B64B354708.jpeg

Picked these up from GOAT. Sold my UNC off white 1s last year because I barely wore them since I never really had any blue/light blue colored clothes. Then recently started buying a lot of blue clothes and then didn’t have any shoes to match.
It was either these or the UNC 4s. I think I made the right choice. These are gonna be my go pair to this summer.

coulda just worn a white tee the whole time brah

today
C2279985-28F9-448B-99DE-F9FC24629844.jpeg

Sorry this is a Rant.
How is a Teenager going to school me on Sneakers , Much less Dunks.
Went to the Mall to pick up a new phone.
Had to wait for my appointment, so went walking around and ended up at an independent sneaker store.
I was looking around when this Teenager starts telling me that I don’t deserve to wear these and how I messed them up and I should take care of my Sneakers better.
Especially because they were Tiffs.
I’m a fricking 50 year old, and this “kid” is trying to tell/school me…
Calmly I’m trying to not make a seen and talk to this “kid” quietly trying to educate him and explain some SB history, predominately on Dunks and starts raising his voice and tells me I’m too old to to wear Dunks, and that I should wear some “old man” shoes…
What the Hell are “old man” shoes…
One of the sales people come over and ask if there’s a problem.
I’m all like, Nope this “kid” is confusing me with someone else, and I was just about to leave, and I left.
What The Frick?!?!
This new breed need to learn some respect!
Sorry for the rant, but man if this would have happened when I was younger, Security would have needed to be called!
I wear My Sneakers and Nobody, and I mean NoBody should be trying to tell me what I should or shouldn’t be wearing…
FE59C873-AB30-4398-A8B1-65AD76978E2F.jpeg
0C195BE4-4D2C-4D2A-95B2-677B05B8BE1A.jpeg
F5D57F9A-9D69-4B37-82A6-C5EBA5E47ADA.jpeg

Sorry this is a Rant.
Had to wait for my appointment, so went walking around and ended up at an independent sneaker store.
I was looking around when this Teenager starts telling me that I don’t deserve to wear these and how I messed them up and I should take care of my Sneakers better.
Calmly I’m trying to not make a seen and talk to this “kid” quietly trying to educate him and explain some SB history, predominately on Dunks and starts raising his voice and tells me I’m too old to to wear Dunks, and that I should wear some “old man” shoes…
I’m all like, Nope this “kid” is confusing me with someone else, and I was just about to leave, and I left.
What The Frick?!?!
Sorry for the rant, but man if this would have happened when I was younger, Security would have needed to be called!
I wear My Sneakers and Nobody, and I mean NoBody should be trying to tell me what I should or shouldn’t be wearing…

How old are we talking?
Like this?

IMG_0173.png

Sorry this is a Rant.
What The Frick?!?!

kid prolly was jealous he couldnt resell them himself , u got patience ill tell ya that sir!

Sorry this is a Rant.
What The Frick?!?!
It can get weird dealing with some young people these days. Most of the young “sneaker heads” of today aren’t really into sneakers, they’re into StockX. They don’t care to know the history behind most kicks and they mainly focus on resell to justify their desire for whatever sneaker (that they won’t even wear) that’s hyped at the time. Pay them no mind my friend. There are some dope young heads but those are EXTREMELY RARE in these times. This phase will pass though.

Hoodie looks good, but you need some UNC Gear!

It can get weird dealing with some young people these days. Most of the young “sneaker heads” of today aren’t really into sneakers, they’re into StockX. They don’t care to know the history behind most kicks and they mainly focus on resell to justify their desire for whatever sneaker (that they won’t even wear) that’s hyped at the time. Pay them no mind my friend. There are some dope young heads but those are EXTREMELY RARE in these times. This phase will pass though.

Correct.

Every video on YouTube is "drip or skip or flip" (I dunno the right lingo) or "hold or sell now"

Every comment on Instagram is "bricks" or "i'm about to secure the bag on these"

Every time they lace up it's "These worth $500 "

They are all wanna be small time-resellers.

It's sad.

I see the same thing ats kicks ats kicks saw when I go into those consignment/independent/boutique spots too (which is why I rarely go in there -- they hardly ever have what I'm looking for because they are all about turnover of new items like waiting tables. Rarely stuff older than 3 years old in 80% of those places). Last time I went in one I asked the employee if they had some sort of notification list and he asked me what I was looking for. I told him a few things, mainly some older kicks and he looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language and even told me the original Wheat 13s I showed him on my phone (cause he didn't know what I was talking about) were probably "fake" and not a real release.

I guess I'm old man ranting now too. I hate acting like a "gatekeeper" to sneakers but a lot of these kids aren't into sneakers. They're into "how limited sneakers are worth money"....and that's fine I guess, it's just not at ALL what I care about personally.

Primitive released my Hold :frown:. Hope someone here HIT!

Weren't they supposed to announce like Saturday? It might be that your card just released the hold after X number of days.

I saw that recently with a retailer who took a while to ship something. The pending charge dropped off after like 5 days, but they shipped my item on day like 9 and the charge was nowhere to be found. Popped up a day or so later as posted.

You might still have hope -- depending on your card

As a pretty young person myself I can attest to this. I'm 24 and I've been
Sorry this is a Rant.
What The Frick?!?!

You have much more restraint than me.

I feel weird saying "these kids" cause I'm only 24 my d*** self but for a lot of these kids their only personality trait is sneakers and hyped clothing. Him seeing you actually wearing a pair of shoes instead of putting them on a shelf and posting about how much they resell must've felt like a slap in the face :lol: .

I honestly don't even like the term "sneakerhead" anymore cause people like that have adopted it and I don't want to be linked with those losers.

Sorry this is a Rant.
What The Frick?!?!
Tbh I have a lot more respect for a 50 year old man wearing cool sneakers than anyone in the target demographic. Not to mention the fact that you put that level of work into an historically uncomfortable shoe.

Sorry this is a Rant.
What The Frick?!?!

Shoulda hit that your wipper Snapper with one of these and kept it moving

1621344730102.gif

Sorry this is a Rant.
What The Frick?!?!
Don't sweat it, found a video of that kid when the store made him wear his pair to pickup

Back
Top Bottom