2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Because 10 years ago if I said AJ1>Dunk...

The same flame suit pic would be used

I agree. The AJ1 has been so beaten to death, it's amazing. I only mess with 85s at this point.

Might still have some 94s in storage.

The dunks has proven more successful at being able to carry a wider array of colors, materials, colorblockings, and incarnations - highs, lows, SBs, etc. (I still consider mids a fail though).

The Dunk, AF1, AM90, AM87, and AM95 are the are the absolute pinnacle of the brand's claasics because they've been able to support nearly endless variations. No Jordans have been able to do so much, so while they represent some of Nike's best efforts, they aren't the same blank palette those models are.

Sounds like you guys let what others say dictate how you feel.  I either want a shoe or I don't want a shoe and I can make that decision pretty quickly.

You're lying to yourself if you don't think other people influence your behavior. We are social animals. You buy mega popular shoes that people line up for in the streets. It's pretty tough to play the individuality card in the face of that. We are all influenced by others opinions, that's why forums like this exist and thrive.

But, I didn't read those posts they way you did either. I think there are two things at play.

1. Competing priorities - so, it's not necessarily a matter of wanting something or not, but rather people thinking when they get to purchase time (when the stops being abstract, and they have to spend the money) whether they want them enough at that time for that price. I think most of us want more stuff than we actually buy.

2. A lot of times, I think we fall in love with the idea of having something even more than actually having it. I have tons of stuff that I wanted when I bought - stuff that some people might even consider their grails - but that I got, opened a few times, and have been sitting in piles of boxes for years... or maybe even in offsite storage. So, I think it's good if people ask themselves whether they truly want something at the moment before they pull the trigger.

BIP dropping that knowledge, as always. really surprised you dont have 1 of these sneaker blogs hitting you up on the regular for editorials...REPPED

just need some on feet pictures and we will be in the "its starting to grow on me" phase :lol:

Last edited:
OK, so that means that aside from the people coming in here to whine about not getting help finding them, this thread should be back to normal soon enough. Thank god it's not a pair I want.

I agree. The AJ1 has been so beaten to death, it's amazing. I only mess with 85s at this point.

Might still have some 94s in storage.

The dunks has proven more successful at being able to carry a wider array of colors, materials, colorblockings, and incarnations - highs, lows, SBs, etc. (I still consider mids a fail though).

The Dunk, AF1, AM90, AM87, and AM95 are the are the absolute pinnacle of the brand's claasics because they've been able to support nearly endless variations. No Jordans have been able to do so much, so while they represent some of Nike's best efforts, they aren't the same blank palette those models are.
You're lying to yourself if you don't think other people influence your behavior. We are social animals. You buy mega popular shoes that people line up for in the streets. It's pretty tough to play the individuality card in the face of that. We are all influenced by others opinions, that's why forums like this exist and thrive.

But, I didn't read those posts they way you did either. I think there are two things at play.

1. Competing priorities - so, it's not necessarily a matter of wanting something or not, but rather people thinking when they get to purchase time (when the stops being abstract, and they have to spend the money) whether they want them enough at that time for that price. I think most of us want more stuff than we actually buy.

2. A lot of times, I think we fall in love with the idea of having something even more than actually having it. I have tons of stuff that I wanted when I bought - stuff that some people might even consider their grails - but that I got, opened a few times, and have been sitting in piles of boxes for years... or maybe even in offsite storage. So, I think it's good if people ask themselves whether they truly want something at the moment before they pull the trigger.
i def agree with 1, 2 but i never buy a shoe based off hype, i buy what catches my eye, believe me or not i had no desire at all to buy the tiffs, petoskeys or the 510's i don't like branded sneakers and as hard as it is to be different in todays sneaker game i try.  Now sometimes if I'm  on the fence on a sneaker and see someone else rockin them right, i might be influenced to buy it. so i agree with you on most.

BIP dropping that knowledge, as always. really surprised you dont have 1 of these sneaker blogs hitting you up on the regular for editorials...REPPED

Anytime, brother.

Somebody once asked me if I was Method Man under another account. That was all the validation I needed. LOL.

I've had the opportunity to be featured in some blogs and stuff like that, but I've turned those things down because I think being a sneaker celeb is kind of lame. ...There are lots of other things, personally and professionally, that I'd rather be known for, or primarily seen as. Ya know.

If I did a feature or a profile, it would be to help support somebody who I'm cool with - like if they thought that could help bring attention to their brand, I'd do it to support them. For example, as I said, I'm cool with the guys at Image. If they wanted to do a shoot with me or something for one of their platforms, I'd probably do it. But, when the Complex's of the world call, I'm not really interested.

Doing writing for one of these outlets would be something I'd maybe consider if I was offered.

My wife is an 80s/90s TV junkie, and we both love sports too. She's constantly calling me into the other room and pausing scenes on the DVR where Nikes are visible and asking me "are those anything special?" We've recently been kicking around the idea of doing a kind of joint blog with sitcoms/sports/sneakers, where she talks a bit about the episode and I spitball a bit about the sneakers the character is wearing, and we discuss the teams tfrom that season that the characters are wearing. Could be fun. ...My wife is always amazed at how I can almost always figure out the original air date (year) of like any of these episodes by looking at the shoes the characters are wearing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom