2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I think the 510 material will break in but will hurt initially

they look like the same material as the camo supreme af1s

the af1s were really stiff at first then became really comfortable

Nice. Every pair of those SBs you listed are in my closet somewhere...gotta dig them out.
tongue.gif
Seriously jealous. All that means is you have a dope collection, repped. 

BP does a lot of hyping up, so-to-say, in order to increase their sales. It's alot like that Tiff release at the skate shop (Can't remember the name) that said all pairs left after 9 am will go online at 10 am and it just got them a bunch of exposure. They knew they'd sell out but they just did it for the "press." Also, I've found that BP does a lot of immature tweeting. They've been in a tweeting war with some reseller for the past few weeks which is just unimaginably ignorant for a skate shop to do, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Surprisingly, $80 w/out shipping (for me) is the difference between copping and not copping. On the high end, you have $98 + shipping which is right around $110. That's a $30 difference at the end of the day..

Exactly. Thats why I passed until SPoT had them in stock. Emailed them and got confirmation they were gonna be $80 shipped for me so I copped. When you cop a lot of shoes you gotta have educated reasoning on when to cop or when to pass until the price is right for you. You can cop most shoes at the price you want eventually especially SBs. On the other end of the spectrum if you really want a shoe that is sold out everywhere paying extra to secure your pair is to be expected and you just gotta be happy you secured your pair instead of worrying about how much extra you paid or hate on people who paid less or extra for a pair that made them happy. There is never a reason to hate on someone over shoes in my opinion.

BP does a lot of hyping up, so-to-say, in order to increase their sales. It's alot like that Tiff release at the skate shop (Can't remember the name) that said all pairs left after 9 am will go online at 10 am and it just got them a bunch of exposure. They knew they'd sell out but they just did it for the "press." Also, I've found that BP does a lot of immature tweeting. They've been in a tweeting war with some reseller for the past few weeks which is just unimaginably ignorant for a skate shop to do, in my opinion.

hyping and immature tweeting is one thing. but would they actually lie about the release of a particular shoe? that's pretty lame if so.
Not necessarily lie, but misrepresent, yes. Like someone earlier said, maybe they were talking about 800 pairs are going to skate shops, but they implied 800 TOTAL pairs, which will increase hype. Even though 2200 could drop online and 800 go to skate shops so more like 3k. It's essentially lying if you misrepresent the facts to make the shoes appear to be 4x more limited than they are. You're right, they wouldn't outright lie in all likelihood, but I do believe they'd stretch the truth for hype's sake.

Not necessarily lie, but misrepresent, yes. Like someone earlier said, maybe they were talking about 800 pairs are going to skate shops, but they implied 800 TOTAL pairs, which will increase hype. Even though 2200 could drop online and 800 go to skate shops so more like 3k. It's essentially lying if you misrepresent the facts to make the shoes appear to be 4x more limited than they are. You're right, they wouldn't outright lie in all likelihood, but I do believe they'd stretch the truth for hype's sake.
i'm not referring to the AJ1 X SB.

i was referring to them stating pretty explicitly that the SOMP is releasing next weekend.

i'm not referring to the AJ1 X SB.

i was referring to them stating pretty explicitly that the SOMP is releasing next weekend.
Oh my bad, I thought that's what you were referring to. Well, I wouldn't put it past them. If they're doing it, expect a Footlocker Red October-type tweet to surface the day before release saying the release has been pushed back. More anticipation, more hype, more pairs sold. Simple economics for them. Unethical, yes, but smart as well.

When I got my first pair of Civilists I used my 2013 shadows as a size reference, and man was I wrong.. They fit tight as hell to the point that I couldn't even wear them comfortably, so I had to cop a 13 & get rid of my 12's. What's crazy is my breds/shadows/black toes are all size 12 and fit snug but still comfortable

Im in the same boat. Sold my 12 and currently bidding on a 13 on ebay. The 13 in the Civilists is comfortable?

Yeah, kinda reminded me of these ..

laserjordanmain.jpg

I'm good, don't need them.

Willing to help the homies secure their pairs tho.

Hope I'm a homie. :smile: this shoe designed by stecyk. I'm really going to try and get it because I like cr a lot. I'm more jazzed about the lance pair though.

do you think BP is trolling? i'm new to all this - is that something they do?
I went back and edited my post to reflect why I said that...I'm not sure what BP is talking about, or if they are mixed up or trolling or what.... or maybe they know something no one else does or is saying about the release? Is it possible they drop next weekend?...I guess anything is, it would just surprise me for the reasons I mentioned.

I popped the insole out of the 510 and there is plenty of room. Im going to throw a scholls in there so the toebox should be roomy.

All this talk about civilian running tight blows my mind.. I've been a size 9.5 since I stopped growing.. Every dunk fits the same. High, mid lows

I even wear shoe sheilds in my civilist.. No problems. I recommend wearing thinner socks if you feel too much rubbing on your pinky toe.

Wearing thick or stretched out old socks is a cause for this problem because your socks bunch up at the toe and this causes that excessive rubbing in corners of the toe box

I went back and edited my post to reflect why I said that...I'm not sure what BP is talking about, or if they are mixed up or trolling or what.... or maybe they know something no one else does or is saying about the release? Is it possible they drop next weekend?...I guess anything is, it would just surprise me for the reasons I mentioned.
yeah, i guess it is kinda weird no other store has mentioned anything.

about 3 hours ago Nigel Sylvester himself tweeted "#SOMP coming soon".

i guess we will find out soon.

been MIA for a few days and havnt really read the thread...

so ive heard there are actually 3 AJ1s dropping?

not a fan of the colorway that just surfaced but will cop just because of the significance. hopefully (if true) the other colors are better

Trying to hunt down a pair of all white lows in a size 11 for my little cousin. If anybody sees one for retail-ish, LMK

Trying to hunt down a pair of all white lows in a size 11 for my little cousin. If anybody sees one for retail-ish, LMK
The all white lows are available at an online shop, FSR, but I don't want to go searching for the link. It was posted in this thread recently.

Back
Top Bottom