2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Chronicles do look nice on feet but with the SOMPS and Civilists I don't see them getting much love from me

Chronicles do look nice on feet but with the SOMPS and Civilists I don't see them getting much love from me
This. SOMPs were definitely a must cop and the civilist are right there. I can see why people are gunning for at least one of them which leaves the Chronicles behind. Honestly, all 3 look great but the SOMPs and Civilist just do it more for me....in no way am I putting the Chronicles down..still a bad *** shoe.

This. SOMPs were definitely a must cop and the civilist are right there. I can see why people are gunning for at least one of them which leaves the Chronicles behind. Honestly, all 3 look great but the SOMPs and Civilist just do it more for me....in no way am I putting the Chronicles down..still a bad *** shoe.
1000% agreed. I own both Civilists and SOMPs so it's hard to justify the Chronicles. For me the Chronicles just have a little bit too much going on.

i own all three and see why someone would rate the chronicles last. Since they came out before the SOMPS and after the Civilists i think it suffers as being the forgotten middle child. Still a very underrated shoe excellent materials feels more plush than the SOMPS for me.

pic just before i rocked these to run an errand, actually. lol speak of the devil.
Nice..still on the hunt for a size 11.5 
mean.gif

Last edited:
SOMPS>>>>

I love the chronicles 2 but its just to much going like JLi said.I never liked the civilists.

I need them july 4th doubt tho

Need help guys. Anything special about these or can anyone tell me about them? Sold some shoes a while ago for someone and I got these as a gift. Been sitting in the collection for a few years now.

Any new info on any of the retro sb's that are suppose to release why is everything top secrete like they are just shoes I'm starting to think nike is tan by the government

thx guys. i kinda like the black/red on them. long story short.... i had a ton of cheap SBs that fell in my lap a few years ago. i just kept those and gave the other ones back. had like 4-6 pairs of mama bears too :lol:

roll.gif

pretty much agree. reasonable doubt is my fav too.

one thing i will say about jay-z however - i can't knock his lyrical ability/flow, production, and showmanship. he still has it. 

i'm just not interested in hearing about bugattis and tom ford suits, personally.

give me ATCQ, wu-tang, or joey bad***** any day over jay-z.

edit - can't even write joey bada___ with dollar signs instead of ss (it got censored to *****)

Your welcome...
I feel like I'm missing out on good hip hop, when I was younger even though the internet wasn't as prevalent as it is today, I got into some pretty good acts through the radio show on the local college station, the dj was dropping all kinds of stuff late night on Thursdays that I wouldn't hear any where else. Now it seems like I'm stuck listening to the same albums that I did when I was in my teens-early 20s and when I check out what's hot currently I just can't get into it at all.
Last year, limited to Slam City Skates/twitter contest winners if I remember right though. I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped again though since Slam City Skates is doing a pop up at Selfridge's.
Don't get me started with music...
9 days w/o a response is unacceptable. Small store or not.
$150 is a great price, IMO.
The two main problems to me are:

1) I don't like the way a lot of contemporary hip hop sounds - it's too produced and/or electronic sounding. I'm still a sucker for the simple break beat or drum loop style (or sample layering). So, that knocks a lot of stuff out for me. I also don't like the cadence and flow of a lot of current rappers. Even though some of them are technically proficient, the sound doesn't please me.

2) With so much stuff out there, the juice isn't as worth the squeeze. You have to wade through more and more crud to find the gold. So, it's diminishing returns and I don't have the time and energy to devote that level of effort any more. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of current artists I check for heavy, but there's more trash than ever too. ...In a lot of ways, hip hop heads fell victim to "be careful what you wish for" because we always used to bemoan the labels and all that. But, in the days of artistic democracy, you also now see how important it was to have an executive producer on a project, and how a label was able to help a group establish a consistent sonic feel throughout a record. ...Of course, part of that issue is that the album itself is kind of an anachronism, so those things are less important because consuming an artist via the album isn't even the dominant form of engagement with music.

Luckily, I can always fall back on stuff like this. ...This is my dude's house, what you see on that wall is a portion of years and years worth of every week's Stretch and Bob show recorded off the radio.
You Sir, made some very good points... You speak my third language... music. Repped.
Need help guys. Anything special about these or can anyone tell me about them? Sold some shoes a while ago for someone and I got these as a gift. Been sitting in the collection for a few years now.
Nike SB Dunk High Black/Red – September 2009 GR Release.

Black suede, red perforated center/back panel, red neoprene toebox, and a red outsole.

Had these, but never had the heart to rock them (the red is so vivrant) so I sold them for retail... 
ohwell.gif

Last edited:
sneakerholic sneakerholic - yea the red is definitely nice. with the red yeezs had suede like these :rofl:

i was wondering why the laces said Kevlar on them. now i know. really appreciate the responses.

Last edited:
Has he digitized any of that. Would be pretty dope even stretch and bbobbito don't have it all

bip roberts bip roberts Has your friend ever thought about or started the task of digitizing all those tapes? It's a huge time sink, but with a collection of that many shows he'd probably get e-famous sharing it on sound cloud. I was half tempted to order that Doo Wop USB drive with all his mixtapes, but $150 is a bit more than I thought it'd be.

You articulated what my thoughts were a lot better than I did about current hip hop, what I'd started to write kept on coming off as "I'm old and I don't want to listen to thousands of hours of music to find 3 hours of great stuff"

I do still dig through a bunch of different sound cloud accounts, but that's more looking for the odd gem electronic mix, even there I feel like I've been out of the loop for a minute, at a local festival outside of 4 headliners I couldn't make heads or tails of any of the other groups playing.

Good question.

So, a fair amount of it has been digitized, but not in its unedited original format. The collection (partially) pictured is actually the work of two people - the torch of taping and keeping everything going got passed at some point. I don't even recall exactly the time span covered by the archive. But, regardless, a lot of the music was pulled out and put into artist-specific collections. So, the musical content exists in digital form (as much of it does in other places on the net) but it was orphaned from the full shows (also like it is in most other places on the net). I'll tell ya, while I'll wax poetic about the crew snapping on callers and stuff, it's not as appealing to actually listen to those unedited old shows as you would romanticize it to be in your head.

I did have the same thought as you though, especially after listening to Bob when he was on the Combat Jack show. Somebody had asked him if a complete archive of the show existed, and he said that he had about 95% of the music (freestyles), but a full library of the original recordings were not formally kept by anybody including the station. Upon hearing this, I thought about contacting Bob and mentioning my friend to see if he was interested. I'd do it for the love, but my plan was really to try to "charge" him the white, burgundy gum sole Bobbito AF1 promo/PEs. :tongue: Just kidding... kind of. Anyway, long and short of it, I didn't bother. My buddy has no desire for e-props or any of that though, so while he might actually get some level of fame for releasing something like that to the masses, he sees it as more trouble than its worth - though if Bob himself were to ask, that would probably be a different story.

And, I hear you on the Doo Wop USB. Most people don't know what my avatar is, but that's the DJ Rei & Double R lasered USB. They were my favorite mixtape DJs from that era -their mixes were incredible. I was very hesitant to pay for the USB too, as I had just about everything from the tapes except the freestyles from their crew (which were freaking incredible, BTW.) And, I had purchased most of these tapes when they dropped. I was actually blessed with the content that I needed from somebody else who got them. I'm in the same boat as you with the Video Graff anthology. I want to buy it, but I bought a bunch of them on VHS back in the day (all have disappeared) and a good deal of the content is available online anyway. Frankly, I should stop being a cheapskate and just support them. I drop $150 on some BS pair of shoes or gear or something without a second thought.

sneakerholic sneakerholic
I should add that I really only feel that way about hip hop. The past few years I've been exploring pop music from my and my siblings era, back then I thought I was TOO COOL FOR SCHOOL, and cribbed off my older brother and sister's music habits which tended to veer towards the alternative before that was even a thing.

When I got into my own music habits/tastes as a tween/teen I got heavy into electronic music and that's been my main go to ever since.

sneakerholic sneakerholic - yea the red is definitely nice. with the red yeezs had suede like these :rofl:

i was wondering why the laces said Kevlar on them. now i know. really appreciate the responses.

The Kevlar laces were the alternates and supposed to last longer when used for skating, Nike SB has stopped using them for some reason, but I do know that they'll occasionally develop some snag in the kevlar threading that will cause the whole lace to get all bunched up and funky looking, so that might have something to do with it.

Back
Top Bottom