2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Hate to do it this way but we should have some small criteria. I can make the team, just PM if you are interested. 

As for the criteria, something simple like at least 5 posts in this thread? That way we can filter out the people just take and don't give?

my local skate shop still has spots but for $130 pretty sure they do phone orders as well, wont hurt to try

216-226-2470

Jeez... did all these shops get together and figure that 130 was a good round number to use for the SPoTs?

Doesn't really matter to me if we do the teamSB thing or not. Guys will get their info one way or another. I suppose it might slow the lurkers down. Whatever the majority decides I'll run with it.

Jeez... did all these shops get together and figure that 130 was a good round number to use for the SPoTs?

Doesn't really matter to me if we do the teamSB thing or not. Guys will get their info one way or another. I suppose it might slow the lurkers down. Whatever the majority decides I'll run with it.
I agree with this.

Is anyone in here on the Roshe thread? It is outta control. Like 900 posts a day. There's tons of lurkers and tons of help, but tons of "I wanna be on Team Roshe" followed by "Who cares about Team Roshe"....in my opinion, it's damaged the ability to actually find info I care about in that thread.

Of course, this is the best thread on NT. I'm down for whatever the majority decides as well, just would hate to see this thread go to crap or get super confusing with PM-ing a bunch of people. We should just try to help each other out, and if anyone has the chance to scoop a second pair, do it and assume we'll be able to unload it to someone we recognize on the thread that missed out at retail+shipping. Hopefully any trolls that stop by will be gone after the release anyhow.

If they were called the Nike SB Tuxedo and not Concord, this wouldn't be an issue. 

Could come in handy for the Concord release but eh.  I think after a while, it'll start to go against what this thread is all about.  Sucks that Kicks Deals and lurkers in general pilfer info, but there's only so much that can be done.

For local spots that do phone orders, this would probably work well.  For websites?  Unlikely that we'll be able to keep those on the low.  Just a sign of the times.

Last edited:
I agree with this.

Is anyone in here on the Roshe thread? It is outta control. Like 900 posts a day. There's tons of lurkers and tons of help, but tons of "I wanna be on Team Roshe" followed by "Who cares about Team Roshe"....in my opinion, it's damaged the ability to actually find info I care about in that thread.

Of course, this is the best thread on NT. I'm down for whatever the majority decides as well, just would hate to see this thread go to crap or get super confusing with PM-ing a bunch of people. We should just try to help each other out, and if anyone has the chance to scoop a second pair, do it and assume we'll be able to unload it to someone we recognize on the thread that missed out at retail+shipping. Hopefully any trolls that stop by will be gone after the release anyhow.

If they were called the Nike SB Tuxedo and not Concord, this wouldn't be an issue. 
I agree with this person. And it isnt like ppl dont have the shops that do big releases on their radar, you can still PM  and have people leaking out the information. I'm not a long time member on this thread, so does that exclude me from the help? Just seems like its going to seperate a great thread with great discussions.

Could come in handy for the Concord release but eh.  I think after a while, it'll start to go against what this thread is all about.  Sucks that Kicks Deals and lurkers in general pilfer info, but there's only so much that can be done.

For local spots that do phone orders, this would probably work well.  For websites?  Unlikely that we'll be able to keep those on the low.  Just a sign of the times.

...But can anybody here actually say that they never found something useful on kicksdeals for themselves, or a friend?

The internet giveth and taketh away.

I agree with this person. And it isnt like ppl dont have the shops that do big releases on their radar, you can still PM  and have people leaking out the information. I'm not a long time member on this thread, so does that exclude me from the help? Just seems like its going to seperate a great thread with great discussions.
I agree too.

I wouldn't say that you're excluded but I think I'd be in the same boat as you, just having to do a little more to prove you're genuine rather than a lurker and reseller considering our join dates. 

Speaking of local shops, I need to get back in touch with mine. Been out of touch since school picked up. 
mean.gif

i agree with everything up here. i know for certain forums (i think certain android ones do it) that in order to see a response on a particular thread there is a little (see response here) button and when you click it you need to sign up to be a member, which would keep lurkers away.

what you gonna do..

I'll let ya'll decide about Team SB. It does't even have to be exclusive information, could be about just sharing a love for Nike SBs. I'll let John00 share his words of wisdom. 

Nike SB and Nike Basketball have always been the 2 main section of footwear that I have held close to my heart

Last edited:

...But can anybody here actually say that they never found something useful on kicksdeals for themselves, or a friend?

The internet giveth and taketh away.
It's a catch 22.

Most of us loved Kicks Deals when they were moreso about dropping info on extreme markdowns.  Now that they're blowing up all of our under the radar spots and have basically turned into a site that gets paid for leads, we've developed a healthy dislike for them.  Nothing is ever perfect and I'd be lying if I didn't still land things as a result of Kicks Deals making that info easily accessible.  There really is no easy solution to this dilemma.

i agree with everything up here. i know for certain forums (i think certain android ones do it) that in order to see a response on a particular thread there is a little (see response here) button and when you click it you need to sign up to be a member, which would keep lurkers away.

what you gonna do..
I would love for something like this to exist, but it's so easy to become a member of NT nowadays compared to the past that all a person would have to do is sign up and they'd instantly gain access to whatever information they crave.

Why not just make a google doc or fb page and share info on there naming it TeamSB. Make the page private of course and share spots/links for info. The fb page could be used to share your recent pickups or maybe even move add on to buy/sell just sb's?

Just a thought.

A google doc was made for the locals in the sf area for the yeezy's and it worked out....kinda lol. W/e get's decided count me in.

I agree sneakerfan. Kicksdeals was awesome starting out. I actually happened by some unknown SB shops because of them when they first started.

This certainly is an interesting situation though. Because of the nature of this thread, anyone that's interested in SB dunks can end up with a wealth of good info just by reading random pages. On one hand, the way this thread has been flowing has brought new people out to join in, share and discuss for the most part. We have to be careful not to change that.

On the other hand, I definitely agree that something should be done. A lot of us regulars put in work locally or over the phone/internet to secure connects and info for the greater good. We should explore options to preserve the fruits of those labors...

**scratches head**

I dunno... Maybe BigJ or another admin can pitch in any ideas or options.

Like I said before no matter what you do know if they don't get it here the info is available on several other forums where you don't need to log in to be blessed with info. They might not catch all of the small shops that do phone orders but it's a wrap on the websites.

If a team sb thread starts up I feel like "BIP Roberts" should be the head of it . I mean he always has wisdom with the SBs and is a real chill guy . Anyone who knows this thread knows BIP .

If a team sb thread starts up I feel like "BIP Roberts" should be the head of it . I mean he always has wisdom with the SBs and is a real chill guy . Anyone who knows this thread knows BIP .
I'd say BIP & John00 co-lead it 
happy.gif

Both are madd knowledgeable. 

^I Agree

Like I said before no matter what you do know if they don't get it here the info is available on several other forums where you don't need to log in to be blessed with info. They might not catch all of the small shops that do phone orders but it's a wrap on the websites.

Doesn't mean it's not worth trying. Besides whichever method is decided the TeamSB could be used just to chat or buy/sell/trade strictly sb's. NT fam hooking up other NT fam.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom