2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

That's awesome dude. I can't wait till I get a bit older (only 19, in first year of college) and get some money together to really build my collection with classics that I've always wanted like these.

I go to college near Albany, NY and you have gross winter weather for so long I haven't worn anything other than some Nike OMS for months :smh:

Buy beaters

College is for doin weird **** with girls and playing beer pong.

not for collecting shoes

Yeah I pretty much only wore NB and some busted Nikes from high school in college. Hit the books and learn to love life in college, plenty of time to spend on your obsessive collecting hobby later.

Yeah I pretty much only wore NB and some busted Nikes from high school in college. Hit the books and learn to love life in college, plenty of time to spend on your obsessive collecting hobby later.
Tough to LOVE life when you have 4 exams from this monday to tomorrow 
roll.gif
 I'm enjoying myself and trying to cop a new pair every once in a while.

Tough to LOVE life when you have 4 exams from this monday to tomorrow :rofl:  I'm enjoying myself and trying to cop a new pair every once in a while.

There's a healthy balance you have to learn to strike between school and the rest of life. I can remember vividly some lectures from college and quite a few incidents which almost got me and a wide group of people almost kicked out of the dorms. Even though I ended up transferring to a different school where I was a hell of a lot more focused on work output, I wouldn't trade my first few years of college out. I'd probably have hit the books a bit better, but I had no idea what I wanted to do when I first started.

Funny you say that. High school was actually the height of my SB collecting days. I didn't have a formal job most of the time. I just renovated my parent's house during the summers and saved up some money from the holidays to cop some stuff. I still remember getting DS Skunks and DS Hunters as my graduation gift from my parents. :smokin

Last edited:
Funny you say that. High school was actually the height of my SB collecting days. I didn't have a formal job most of the time. I just renovated my parent's house during the summer and saved up some money from the holidays to cop some stuff. I still remember getting DS Skunks and DS Hunters as my graduation gift from my parents. :smokin

High School from me was in a completely different era, basically it was always NEW NEW NEW. Nike had just tried retroing Jordans my Freshman year, and it flopped. The Cortez was always available, but I didn't bang so it wasn't a shoe I'd go for, the Dunk was a shoe that came out in 85-86 that barely anyone remembered.

I was in college when retro shoes really became a thing outside of a few low key releases. And since I lived in the South even Air Force 1 wasn't a thing here.

I think DC/WB's deal with Under Armor for The Dark Knight Rises kind of killed Nike doing anything even remotely official or identifiable with Batman characters.

I think DC/WB's deal with Under Armor for The Dark Knight Rises kind of killed Nike doing anything even remotely official or identifiable with Batman characters.

Damn. So that's why they scrapped the Joker dunks? I remember the whole fiasco surrounding the scrapping of the Freddy dunks because of the licensing issue with New Line Cinema. Jimmies were rumbled to the max

I have no idea why they scrapped the Jokers, since that was a good bit before DKR, but I doubt that there'd be any sort of official OKd stuff coming out now. I just had to check when the Doernbecher 4 came out because those had an actual Superman logo on them, but that was in 2011 before Under Armor got their deal with DC (I think) I don't keep up with that side of the biz too much.

I knew plenty of people that copped sneakers while in college. As long you don't let it consume you, you're good. Brought about 8 pairs with me for the year. Would swap out during breaks.

Copping in college is deff much different than high school. Only picked up 5 pairs so far this year, and I can't see myself scooping too many more. I agree with a lot of people here though. I sold a ton of my kicks and now I'm beginning to appreciate all  that I have, both material and non material. Learning a lot about the value of time and money. But NT serves as a good break during lecture or a distraction when I should be writing papers lol.

it's legit, but very pricey. The price goes up with the size, shipping is very expensive, and if you don't keep track of Chinese national holidays you could find yourself waiting a WHILE for them to catch up with backed up shipping.

I've only ordered from them twice, and both times it's because I thought I wasn't going to see the shoes release here. Only regretted it once when the shoes not only came out here, but went on sale with DEEEP discounts.

it's legit, but very pricey. The price goes up with the size, shipping is very expensive, and if you don't keep track of Chinese national holidays you could find yourself waiting a WHILE for them to catch up with backed up shipping.

I've only ordered from them twice, and both times it's because I thought I wasn't going to see the shoes release here. Only regretted it once when the shoes not only came out here, but went on sale with DEEEP discounts.
i'm gonna pass.. shipping kills it for me.. don't need them THAT bad... in the end.. they're just shoes (repeats to self over and over... and over)

Yeah if you're looking at the Stars or Baos hold out for the domestic release. I wouldn't recommend ordering from Asia until you've struck out locally/nationally/from the EU since shipping is ALWAYS going to be killer from Asia.

Back
Top Bottom