2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I try to avoid using the term hypebeast but that right there is pure hypebeast logic :smh:

"hypebeast we know about 'cha, don't buy the shoe, unless they pop'la"

Vision street wear were "the" shoes when I used to skate..

Ahh the good ole days.

Last edited:
SBs dropped in March of 02, not a lot of places carried the line from the beginning, and a lot of mom and pop shops didn't want to deal with the brand. Got to be that most couldn't stay in business without carrying them though.

I copped the entire 1st set for $200 bucks from Nocturnal

that was my hook up because I supported them more than just SB's

Vision street wear were "the" shoes when I used to skate..

Ahh the gold ole days.
Oh yeah. Those, airwalk prototypes, vans, chucks, and of course the mighty aj1. Edit: really want a set of prototypes now

Last edited by a moderator:
SB's started dropping in 1999, except they weren't called SB's, they were called "Pro B's". Fat tongue dunks, regular ol' nike box.

The official Nike SB was born in 2002, hard to find at first cause Nike had zero credibility in the skateboarding world, then shops started charging way above MSRP to "stay in business". I remember De La Soul High's dropped and most shops in the LA area started the bidding at $175 :smile:{), tons of places had them for $200+ out of the gate.

SB's gained traction in SoCal really fast.

lol @ free bag of death.... I actually got my snake eyes from them and my box wasn't that smashed, but I'm sure 9/10 you get a fcked up box

Hate the bag of death. I would rather pay extra for shipping. I've had to complain about two bags of death in the past month. Luckily I got some cash credit at both places.

thats crazy, i didnt realize that.  that was my senior year of highschool and i dont think i saw a pair of SBs until my sophomore year of college.

I was in High School during the golden era of AF1 releases, and I don't even remember seeing them until that song came out. Even when faced with proof that they were available in Eastbay catalogs I just remember flipping past those pages with the "old stuff"

SB's started dropping in 1999, except they weren't called SB's, they were called "Pro B's". Fat tongue dunks, regular ol' nike box.

The official Nike SB was born in 2002, hard to find at first cause Nike had zero credibility in the skateboarding world, then shops started charging way above MSRP to "stay in business". I remember De La Soul High's dropped and most shops in the LA area started the bidding at $175 :smile:{), tons of places had them for $200+ out of the gate.

Someone (KTH I think) bought out the whole first run of Dunk SBs in SoCal before there was any hype.

While the Pro Bs did indeed come out in 99, I'm not sure if I'd include them as being the first SBs, they're a separate beast onto their own especially since the line continued a bit after SBs actually started coming out, and there were thin tongued pairs that released with Pro B on the box.

I was sad they didn't put out a single pair of the Airwalk 86er during their 25th anniversary releases of old models.

They weren't hard to find because Nike had no creditability; they were hard to find because Nike wanted to build hype off the Dunk so they limited them to in store only at a limited amount of shops so people would buy their other shoes like the URL, E-Cue and Angus when they introduced them the following two years

Nike was smart by limiting them because they acted on the "support your local" steez which clearly has worked

Last edited:
Passed on the j-packs

I said yes to a pair of Bitusa for 275 tho... Its not that great if a deal in my eyes but still happy about them... My connect should of let me have them for what he paid, but what goes around comes around when he's gonna need some runners he can't get..

Passed on the j-packs

I said yes to a pair of Bitusa for 275 tho... Its not that great if a deal in my eyes but still happy about them... My connect should of let me have them for what he paid, but what goes around comes around when he's gonna need some runners he can't get..
One of my favorite pairs, man. You won't regret it.

on the nostalgic bit, these came out around when I was first getting into sneakers. I was able to just call my local and have them hold me a pair of these for two hours, no problem. 
glasses.gif

I Hate When Super Fake Skunks Pop Up On The Bay, Im All Excited And Then Blam Horrible Fakes Haha. I Actually Called The Last One Out And He Took Down The Listing. Authentic My ***

Honestly, it's a shame Nike killed the Nike Skateboarding page, it had all the releases on there, in order. :smh:
They weren't hard to find because Nike had no creditability; they were hard to find because Nike wanted to build hype off the Dunk so they limited them to in store only at a limited amount of shops so people would buy their other shoes like the URL, E-Cue and Angus when they introduced them the following two years

Nike was smart by limiting them because they acted on the "support your local" steez which clearly has worked

Guess it depends on region, I know in SoCal, the Pro B run was greeted with the same response that the first run of Jordan retro's got. Clearance prices, clearance stores. Couldn't get rid of them.

Once they got rebranded, the hype levels went up quick, not only in SoCal but the entire state. Hype was high in SoCal and NorCal. :smh:

For today :smile: a good $60 shipped imo
Dope, I'd pay double that for a pair in my size 
nerd.gif
 (11)
Yeah the lunar sole is great

I'll def cop a pair the Mids coming out too
Get out of here.. just yesterday I was watching a clip where koston skates in blazers and I was thinking about how dope a K1 Mid would be. Def stoked for these to drop

Kind of a repeat but today's wear... Apartment hunting.. anybody know of studios in midtown manhattan that are available lemme know lol...
Fresh, almost pulled the trigger on these a couple times.

1.) Dcypoe Dunk highs

2.) The Memory Highs

3.) The entire upped would be covered in black patent leather with thousands of quotes from thread members printed under it. The tongue tag would be Dcypoe's avi and it would change box colors depending on what angle you'd see the tag. The insoles would have "#NTNEVERFORGETS" on them.   

4.) The inspiration is Dcypoe and his photographic memory.

5.) It would be released exclusively to the thread via phone order. You would have to answer thread trivia questions selected by Dcypoe to win the chance to purchase a pair. 
LOL!

----- 

Anyway, copped the Royals off premier with the quickness, glad to see theres not much ruckus around this release compared to what everyone expected back when BasedLaRock told us these'd be dropping a few months ago.

Royals are in the no tax free shipping zone. A CCS discount would be nice too. If not on to the next. I really want to see some updates on the upcoming store collabs (black sheep, concepts, and yes even BP).

Back
Top Bottom