2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

besides volt laces / bracelet which the color pops it was a pretty straight forward/basic color outfit, a plain black polo, grey shorts, idk how much basic it gets lol.  but i do me and you do you.. thanks for the other comments for letting someone live lol

the simplicity of the L.M. Sb X Jb when it is white and how clean they are is impressive. Not to mention how cool the idea of them evolving from one color to another is. they are just as striking when they are black; obviously strongly resembling the Og Jordan 1 as well as classic SB colors. These will be sought after big time by sneaker fans and skaters! hope to heavens I can give myself a shot at copping, really dig this shoe.

I still want to get them and I will get them, but I really wished they made it so you could either get a bred pair, or royal pair. I just don'e like it when my shoes don't match perfectly, but I guess that's just me. 

It's not. I'm with you

PLEASE WATCH THE VIDEO.

Question #1.) After watching the video, what would you do if you were the person doing the restoration?

Question #2.) Do you have any stories about restoration attempts, good or bad?

Question #3.) If you were Nike SB and you could create a SB to represent your favorite horror films would it look like? Describe what the Dunk SB would look like using the format I've provided. (You can do as many different SB dunks as you want)

FORMAT:
1.) Name of  dunk and is it a dunk high or dunk low?
2.) Nickname of dunk?
3.) Brief description of materials used and coloring on side panels, toe cap, heel, tongue, laces, sole and insole. (I will accept Photoshop canvas picture.)
4.) Explain the inspiration behind the Dunk SB.
5.) How would it be released?

Aight, as always I have a lot of thoughts here. The first few are going to be snarky, but it's going somewhere...

- Jumpman on the insole -- what's that? ...Ok, that's not going anywhere, that's just me being a douche.

- 2008 CDPs are your dude's "grail"? Really?

- So, that sounds like I'm just being a douche again, but it speaks to the pervasive problem of people trying to walk before they crawl. I'll tell you this, if your peers have grails that came out like yesterday - the overwhelming likelihood is that you are NOT qualified to be restoring ANYBODY ELSE'S shoes. Which brings me to....

- Learn how to restore shoes by restoring YOUR OWN SHOES. Buy beat pairs and experiment.

- And, yes, if that's your boy - or even if it's not - you must tell him you've never restored shoes before. ...How would he not know? Further, if your friend is giving you shoes for you to learn how to restore, you don't charge him AT ALL. He is doing YOU the favor by being your guinea pig. ...Really there's so much wrong with this situation before he even gets to actually (and predictably) screwing up the shoes. (Side question - do you even need to remove the whole base coat of paint to fix what was described as some standard chipping, cracking from normal wear?)

- He ALMOST did the honorable thing and just replaced the shoe and confessed. That's the only right thing to do in this situation. Say, hey, I tried to fix them for you, but I ended up screwing them up. So, to make you whole, I bought you a new pair from XYZ, here's all the info to prove their authenticity, etc. ...I'm sure you want to know what stupid thing I did, but by buying you the brand new pair, I've purchased the right to plead the fifth. Hope we still cool

- As he did it, the other dude might refer this guy to other people looking for help. In some cases, you can just make the mistake go away and confessing isn't really required, but in others, the confession is a non-negotiable part of remedying the problem. This was one of those situations.

- I'm sure dude learned from that and is now a better person/restorer. So, I don't want this to sound like I'm killing this guy - I'm killing the version of this guy who did that.

- And, just to throw this out there - dudes need to stop treating recent retros as if they are anything special and need major high-maintenance upkeep. I see dudes sea-glowing foams that like 18 months old, repainting soles on shoes that were worn like 6 times. They're plastic pieces of trash - you don't need to get your KIA detailed every week, nahmean?...

++++

I don't really have all that much experience with restoration, despite the amount of old stuff I have. I've used "the sauce" from the restoremysneakers dude, and also "Fabs sole" to un-yellow midsoles. I've tried it on clear soles too and have had moderate success, but I've been unable to take piss yellow soles and get them perfect. That's probably because I live in an apartment and mainly have to use my fire escape, so not a ton of intense, direct sun. I've thought about buying a UV lamp, but overall, I'm pretty lazy about that stuff. I've re-glued soles on OG 11s after separation, but that's about the extent of my DIY restoring. I really don't have the patience or attention to detail required to be really good at that stuff. Even as a kid, I thought model airplanes and stuff were cool, but never wanted to actually build one.

I have many pairs of 99 IVs that need swaps and they've just been sitting around. I'd love a good local restorer. I actually suggested to the guys at IMAGE that I think it would be a good business move for them to recruit a good restorer who could be on site certain days/times and take on projects through the store. The restorer could either pay a percentage to the shop or "rent" a booth within the shop - basically either of the barber/barbershop models. I think that's a real opportunity because what people really want is the stamp of a trustworthy business standing behind both the skill and character of the restorer.

++++

I've already written a novel and I'm not super into horror movies, so I'll skip the design your own question for now.

Last edited:

Fliestkicks? If so....super duper legit. Purchase from fliestkicks.eu website for a cheaper price and use the "newmember" code for 5% off
i know its been asked before, but how long does it take to receive an order from them? And os there any custom fees?

i know its been asked before, but how long does it take to receive an order from them? And os there any custom fees?
Took about a full week for me for the shoes to arrive and I am all the way in the West Coast so I consider that actually great. Also, you shouldn't get hit with custom fees if the merchandise itself (excluding shipping) is roughly <$220 or so. Highly recommend fliestkicks for the SOMPs or the YOTHs since they usually have pretty good size runs.

Oh, and one more thing on the restoration tip, if anybody ever finds a way to preserve old AM95s, I'd happily keep you busy, and compensate you, for many months.

Sole swaps are okayyy, but if you could figure out a way to not lose the big bubble! ...And, I'm not sure if you could even use recent pairs to match the colors of some of the bubbles I'd need.

Man - if I ever had a sneaker genie appear and grant me three wishes - one of them would have to involve a way where '95s from like -'95 - '01 are back in play!

Last edited:

Fliestkicks? If so....super duper legit. Purchase from fliestkicks.eu website for a cheaper price and use the "newmember" code for 5% off
no it's not fliestkicks, this lad located portland named shoegame_eu.

good looking for the discount code for fliestkicks.eu, heading back uk soon too so pumped to try and come up in the eu

no it's not fliestkicks, this lad located portland named shoegame_eu.

good looking for the discount code for fliestkicks.eu, heading back uk soon too so pumped to try and come up in the eu
I got my SOMPs from him and it was a pleasant transaction. He ships quickly too

does anyone how the sport turq color on the nike id dunks looks like? im wondering if they look like the tiff dunks color?

Back
Top Bottom