2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Got excited for the stars when i saw the cncpts link posted and they sold out in my size 
frown.gif
, the wait continues

People double up for the simple fact of one to rock and one to stock. It seems silly but in 5-10 years when the original pair you have is beat youll still have ap air you can either keep pristine for collection purposes or you can rock for another 5-10 years. I always double or triple up on shoes that mean alot to me so ill have at least 1 DS pair for the collection.

I see the logic in that because I honestly don't rock my kicks enough to do serious damage to them. Yea, they're not perfect after years over wear but far from beaters. Plus, keep a shoe on ice for too long can do damage as well. 

I personally used to do this with a lot of releases. But my collection has gotten to such a size that there's really no need to buy doubles of shoes because I don't wear shoes consecutively. Even my go to's I wear maybe once every two weeks.

I do see purpose in purchasing doubles for die-hard collectors, though.
That's another reason why I don't do it. I don't get the opportunity to rock mines as frequently as I like because I have to constantly rotate to wear.

my collection is so large im use to wearing near DS shoes, so alot of my favorite ones will be doubled up so i can wear them as much as i want casually and still have a Ds or near Ds pair to stunt in at specific occasions. If its grail status to me ill have at least one DS for the hall of fame.

People double up for the simple fact of one to rock and one to stock. It seems silly but in 5-10 years when the original pair you have is beat youll still have ap air you can either keep pristine for collection purposes or you can rock for another 5-10 years. I always double or triple up on shoes that mean alot to me so ill have at least 1 DS pair for the collection.

I see the logic in that because I honestly don't rock my kicks enough to do serious damage to them. Yea, they're not perfect after years over wear but far from beaters. Plus, keep a shoe on ice for too long can do damage as well. 
most shoes can last 3-5 years without having to be broken in. If you know you are going to wear them at some point you unDS them at least once in that time period and put em back.

Last edited:
Please answer this for me and I'm not trying to sarcastic or rude or negative. Why do people double up on the same kicks. My kicks never get destroyed or messed up to point where I need to take out another pair. Why would you do it? Just curious

I DO THAT **** TO STUNT ON THESE BROKE BOYs

(j/k)

I rarely double now and days because its hard enough for me to find a reason to wear a sneaker on a weekday but when I did double it was so I could do things like bring a shoe out years later.

I also had a slight OCD about my kicks during my super collecting days and I hated not having a back up of shoes I knew meant alot to me. It sort of made it hard to enjoy wearing them without knowing I had a back up to whip out whenever these got messed up.

To this day I don't regret doubling on a lot of kicks. I only brought like 15 or so pairs of kicks to Nigeria and most consisted of kicks I either had doubles of from back in the day or vans that I bought specifically for this trip.

my collection is so large im use to wearing near DS shoes, so alot of my favorite ones will be doubled up so i can wear them as much as i want casually and still have a Ds or near Ds pair to stunt in at specific occasions. If its grail status to me ill have at least one DS for the hall of fame.
I hear ya. Once again, i wasn't knock those who do double. Just curious

I hear ya. Once again, i wasn't knock those who do double. Just curious
exactly. Givin you a peer into the mind of an ocd sneakerhead

Last edited:
most shoes can last 3-5 years without having to be broken in. If you know you are going to wear them at some point you unDS them at least once in that time period and put em back.
For sure. I double up only on shoes that I think i'll beat to the ground because I like them so much. I was lucky enough to double up on Tiff Highs, have had at one point quadrooples of Bucks lol. Has to be something really special, though.

(j/k)

I rarely double now and days because its hard enough for me to find a reason to wear a sneaker on a weekday but when I did double it was so I could do things like bring a shoe out years later.

I also had a slight OCD about my kicks during my super collecting days and I hated not having a back up of shoes I knew meant alot to me. It sort of made it hard to enjoy wearing them without knowing I had a back up to whip out whenever these got messed up.

To this day I don't regret doubling on a lot of kicks. I only brought like 15 or so pairs of kicks to Nigeria and most consisted of kicks I either had doubles of from back in the day or vans that I bought specifically for this trip.
roll.gif
at the broke boys line

I guess for me, another factor for not doubling up is my size 13. 13 is tough to come by for one pair, not to mention, doubling up. 13 used to be easy pickens but now...

(j/k)

:rofl: at the broke boys line
I guess for me, another factor for not doubling up is my size 13. 13 is tough to come by for one pair, not to mention, doubling up. 13 used to be easy pickens but now...
oh snap size 13? i get it now. I kinda pray to the based god that I dont wear a size 12 up, because alot of shoes dont look right at that size. If I were you id probably not be doubling up too much either. that and add how rare they are now

Last edited:

roll.gif
at the broke boys line

You can say that again!  I remember when I could walk in a store and cop a 13, now I can't afford to wait to see if a pair is going to hit the disco because it's such a sought after size.  It's the hormones I tell ya, kids feet didn't used to be this big!!!

it's a waste of money for me to double-up on anything

i only get to break them out on weekends anyways and for the most part I go straight for my lunar flyknits since they're the most comfy

i've wondered

what happens when a shop does a collab and it flops miserably?

would Nike care if the BS collab didn't sell?

when i saw those the other day i kept hoping they were a joke. gaudiest sbs of the year.
They're still gonna sell out. And they're still going to go up on the Bay for $450+ for the BS version, $275+ for the regular Nike version.
i feel any special release is gonna sell out and got for 200-400+ on the bay at least at first. but these definitly wont be on the BP wof or UCS level though. surely be easier to get unless these somehow get hyped to death, which may or may not happen.

Last edited:

i've wondered

what happens when a shop does a collab and it flops miserably?

would Nike care if the BS collab didn't sell?
Unfortunately, they really don't have to worry about it not selling. What's the last major collab you can think of that DIDN'T sell out?

Unfortunately, they really don't have to worry about it not selling. What's the last major collab you can think of that DIDN'T sell out?
i can't think of any honestly

but i'm sure there have been instances, maybe not with Nike but with other companies

and i'm curious what the "consequences" are

SPoT x Nike SB lows. they lingering for a while. Not even the powers of WhatTheKicks could generate the hype
laugh.gif

I stated this yesterday and they basically confirmed what I thought. 

That's one of the main reason I love this concept. Just me

Last edited:
uprise send help 2 and SPoT's(non special box editions)
I thought uprise went pretty quick at first? In any case those Send Help 2's were doomed (in my opinion) because the 1's seemed to be only popular among a small group. SPoT's sat but eventually sold out in almost all the places I would normally look (Blades NYC had them for a month or two). But besides those few, more often than not collabs SELL like hotcakes. WOF's, WPF's, Black/Grey UCS's, Tiffs, Petoskey's, 510's, BAOs, (SOMP's kinda?), MIA's, FTC/Finally's, Cvilist's, etc (I'm sure I'm forgetting some, and these are all just from the past year pretty much).

Back
Top Bottom