2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Question #1: What is the one moment where you were SO disgusted or discouraged with the "sneaker game" that it made you think about leaving the game totally and never looking back?

Question #2: In your eyes, w
hat is the ONE (or top 3) most overrated Nike SB to have ever been released?

#1 Yeezy 2 release at 1948 London

#2 Supreme highs - just a regular colourway with some gold thrown in, nice but so over rated IMO.

Last edited:
haha I'll join on this Q&A for sure.

1. Bit hard to answer as i'll willingly say I haven't been in this as long as some but I got it easy not being in USA :lol: basically all the stupidity on instagram, twitter etc. Some clowns in the sneaker game at this very moment. makes me reconsider what i'm actually apart of at times :lol:

2. No Offense if you do like these but, strip the nickname away and my god these are an eyesore

BP is garbage. Apparently they are getting trashed on nsb.org and I'm glad. They screwed me over on the levi hyperstrikes. One guy said they would ship to the US and told me to call back the next day.  When I called they said they only shipped in Canada, so when I told them I had a relative in Canada they could ship to, the guy said oh actually we dont ship at all. 

This is the same company that charged $125 for concords because "they paid extra to have them rush delivered so people could get them a week early" but then they canceled their early release.

People are exposing them for what they are and they deserve every bit of negative feedback. I'm glad their version came out ugly. 

Always professional. They become even more customer friendly right before releases.

Honestly suprised nikes letting them curse. If i was nike id cut the contract then. The bad image these idiots are giving this shoe are going to make profits drop.

1. Since all the violence of sneaker releases and robberies were mentioned, I will offer the next great disappointment, Yeezy 2 online release. E-camping for nearly an entire weekend for them to drop during the NBA Finals. That alone made me reconsider the hobbie and reduce purchases by 95%. I saw what it turned me into.

2. I'd have to say half of the dunks with a nickname have one because they are borderline coppable. Extra theme gives us the incentive to buy it. Ex. Dr. Feel Good

For me personally, I like the Jedis because I'm a Star Wars fan.~

likewise, and with yoda being my fav. jedi the colorway matches him perfectly

this.

John00 this question segment is a great addition to the thread...

1. Throughout the years, I've had the opportunity to be a part of several releases. I've had some great times and met some really interesting people. Most of the time, I enjoyed the actual line up/wait more than copping the kicks.

Now with that being said...

the Concord launch :x will go down as the worst release that I have ever been a part of and/or seen. That whole experience left a really bad sour in my mouth. I haven't been able look at our hobby the same since.

2. The Yeezy 2.

Last edited:
Definitely with y'all on slowing down. On the verge of selling most of my 2012 Jordans and going back to strictly hunting down grails on eBay and copping SBs, AMs, Retro Nikes, Trainers, and runners on disco. Recently started rocking everything to the gym nowadays outside of leg day due to my disgust at how much I've spent on this hobby just to have each pair rarely see the light of day. I have dozens of shoes that I have yet to even rock. As much as I love this hobby, it's basically the equivalent of taking money and setting it ablaze at times. Going right back to my former frugal ways once my bday passes at the end of the month.

probably pass on those Deltron lids...

I'm thirsty for the dunks though :smokin

Last edited:
#1 Yeezy 2 release at 1948 London
What happened there?
Always professional. They become even more customer friendly right before releases.

Now they cry about things being one sided? Really BP?! You went looking for this battle. No asked you to go onto NSB or NT and respond to people exercising their freedom of speech. So, when people have given their opinions on every other ugly dunk ever, that was okay. But when they talk about your crap in-store release, it's a problem? Shut up BP. And rumors, really? BP is rumor central! How'd the "Concord collab" with Nike SB go for you?! Lying sacks of sh*t!
Honestly suprised nikes letting them curse. If i was nike id cut the contract then. The bad image these idiots are giving this shoe are going to make profits drop.
The thing is, Nike can't really tell them what to say. Dom NEEDS to take that Twitter handle away from the clowns that work there. That's the problem! Announcing to your customers that they're paying extra for your employees to get FREE shoes will never go over well. 

Recently started rocking everything to the gym nowadays outside of leg day due to my disgust at how much I've spent on this hobby just to have each pair rarely see the light of day.
I do this a lot.  Gym is like the perfect place to wear them too because its always clean....    and there is a lot of mirrors to check out my shoes 
embarassed.gif

1. Concord 11's. The line at the galleria in Houston was ******g ridiculous and the amount of shadiness around that release was unreal.

2. Definitely the supreme's that just dropped. They could have executed them so much better and the quality was ****.

Waddup, y'all. Late to chime in, and I'm going to go against the grain here. Hear me out, my peoples.

1. In 1990, Sports Illustrated featured a cover story entitled "Your Sneakers or your Life," which detailed the trend of violence over sneakers, specifically around the Jordan V. So, to say that violence over sneakers is something new - or that violence is what made you consider dropping the hobby - doesn't make sense to me. If it was that big a concern, why get into it in the first place. I grew up in an era when you had to fight for everything. You had something fly, you were going to get tested. Being able to rock a Starter jacket and a Jansport and come home with it day after day meant you had some sort of stripes and heart.

I trooped through the South BX on my way to high school each day as a 5'7" white boy, rolling with my homegirl who was a bad *** looking black chick. Me being fond of rocking Steeps, "Lo" - not Polo, I mean "Lo," and all kinds of that stuff meant you were fighting, beefing, and swinging or dodging box cutters with some frequency. If I wasn't getting tested for my gear, I was standing up for my friend when she was being disrespected...You can lament the fact that such was the case, and you can accuse me of glorifying that kind of stuff, but the one thing is inarguable. That dynamic served as a barrier to entry into the "culture" and kept the lames, and spoiled rich kids with no heart out. ...And make no mistake, it's not as if I never got beat up or robbed or any of that. It happened to virtually everybody at one point or another.

A lot of the dynamics that people don't like about the sneaker culture today can be traced back to waves of gentrification and an overall transition in the sensibilities of the urban culture. ...It's the same reason why so much contemporary hip hop sucks. It's the same reason why young graff writers don't know the rules and stay toys for years. It's all rooted in the idea that all cultures are open to anybody. ...Now, that's a great thing, but it isn't without its consequences, and nobody ever really talks about those consequences because in order to acknowledge them you have to admit that a bit of violence or whatever actually serves a purpose.

But, you know what the complete neutering of the angst actually does? ....It makes it safe for capitalism to go full speed and impose an even more violent dynamic on everybody. They cleaned up Times Square and everybody applauded it because it got some hookers and drugs out of the area, right? Well, guess who moves in - Conde Nast, a media company who makes their wealth largely by promoting unattainable and unhealthy standards of beauty and antiquated notions of femininity. So, I ask, who is actually hurting more women - a few pimps slapping around a few hookers, or a media conglomerate destroying young women's self esteem, pushing eating disorders, and all that stuff that screws your mind into doing something like feeling no worth and becoming a prostitute in the first place? Neither are good, but this is chess, not checkers, and we have to keep the big picture in mind too. Thuggish violence is policed hard to make the world safe for institutionalized, emotional and economic violence.

....As for my personal answer to the question, I don't really think about stopping for any external reasons. I've been disgusted and disappointed in "the culture" for damn near 10 years already. I spent my teens and early 20s buying a lot more gear than a normal person, but I didn't really take it seriously, to the point that I consider myself a "collector:" and acted as such until an age where a lot of people start thinking they should "grow out of the hobby." I pursued this as a man, so what's there to grow out of? ...I own my home, I have no student loan debts, I own my car outright, I have a savings account, a 401K, a good job, and a side consulting gig. I still love sneaks, so I'm still here. I don't feel I have anything in common with most people who claim to share the hobby, but so what. I think most sports fans don't know what the hell they are talking about either, but that doesn't stop me from loving sports. So, what's the difference here?

2. Overrated, or overpriced? I feel a lot of people are mentioning shoes that they like, but that they just feel cost more than they should. I'm going to go with sneaks that I don't understand the love for.

-What the Dunks. These things are just hideous
-Tiffs. A fine shoe, but the idea that these are people's "grails" is insane. There are tons of better CWs.
- Maybe Dino Jrs. I happen to think these joints are fugly. Obviously, you get a pass if you really like the band.

Last edited:
Any size 10.5 - 11.5 guys looking for NDS-VNDS Dunks (and a pair of P-Rod 2 Black Cement's - Sz 11.5), check this site out. Just copped the Feelgoods from 'em. There's only a handful of pairs, but the prices are pretty good. I've emailed for better pics of the MF Dooms, but they haven't answered back (twice, even after I bought a pair), so I'm guessing they just don't feel like taking new pics. The guy who runs the site's twitter handle is @midwestsole. This is my first purchase from that site, but I've heard they're legit. Anybody cop anything from them?

http://www.shopmidwestsole.com/category/nike-skateboarding

Man those tweets from BP are ridiculous, totally uncalled for and wildly unprofessional.
Personally, I'm not as anti-BP as a lot of the heads on here are, but the way they've handled themselves in the last couple weeks (or at least whoever runs their twitter handle) has really started to change that. I didn't mind the "Brooklyn Projects on the heel" thing, and every time I've done business with them, they've been great, which is all I can ask for as a customer (granted, i've only done phone orders, as I stay in CO), but the Twitter stuff has really been out of hand.

Tsk tsk tsk... such a waste of food, condiments, a drinking straw, and five beans...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom