2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I like em. Need some different colors with my kicks and these blend well together. Too many blacks and reds lately. Not digging the perforated leather on the toebox but I can look past it. Looks like an icy sole too. I'd probably go with white laces on em or try mint if that isn't the 2nd option.

Last edited:
I js think there's way to much going on in the shoe , best thing is the logo on the tongue .

Supposedly shops close to NIKE's distribution center should be seeing the FTC dunks soon....

Anyone hear anything from their local?

damn this thread moves rather quick 
laugh.gif

anyways that MIA collab is blah. they look like 6.0's (no offense to dope 6.0's)

So the Palm Tree Dunks were designed by MIA? Nike SB is on a roll with store designed Dunks

Premier, Concepts, SPoT, FTC, BP, MIA

MIA collab is wack, too much going on with the materials and colors. Beast will be out though....moving right along.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeez.. 'standing up for your brand' or not, someone over there needs to stupid slap the brat using that twitter account.. And the fact that they let it go on this way for the past few days means they don't give a f**k. Gonna pass on em. I don't think they'll be hard to get at this point anyways.

Jeez.. 'standing up for your brand' or not, someone over there needs to stupid slap the brat using that twitter account.. And the fact that they let it go on this way for the past few days means they don't give a f**k. Gonna pass on em. I don't think they'll be hard to get at this point anyways.
That's the crazy thing, if it's who I think it is, IT'S A GROWN *** MAN responding in those tweets. That's what's REALLY sad! I think the in-store release might still sell out though, the resellers in LA are plain stupid. They think they can flip anything. This tweeting crap will only damage their relationship with some of their core customers. The disrespect, lack of professionalism and being exposed for back door deals will hurt their standing with Nike. All of Dirk's goals clearly have been met. If only BP employees were smart enough to not get pulled into situations like this, instead of starting and continuing twitter wars like 12 year old girls. Plus, the fact that Dom himself is commenting on NSB and adding gasoline to the fire makes him look SUPER LAME because HE OWNS the shop. He's on NSB admitting he can't manage all his employees and when he tells them what to do they disobey him. He's saying all of this publicly. At the end of the day, BP and this WOF dunk are staying true to their roots, Hollywood drama. 

That's the crazy thing, if it's who I think it is, IT'S A GROWN *** MAN responding in those tweets. That's what's REALLY sad! I think the in-store release might still sell out though, the resellers in LA are plain stupid. They think they can flip anything. This tweeting crap will only damage their relationship with some of their core customers. The disrespect, lack of professionalism and being exposed for back door deals will hurt their standing with Nike. All of Dirk's goals clearly have been met. If only BP employees were smart enough to not get pulled into situations like this, instead of starting and continuing twitter wars like 12 year old girls. Plus, the fact that Dom himself is commenting on NSB and adding gasoline to the fire makes him look SUPER LAME because HE OWNS the shop. He's on NSB admitting he can't manage all his employees and when he tells them what to do they disobey him. He's saying all of this publicly. At the end of the day, BP and this WOF dunk are staying true to their roots, Hollywood drama. 
Repp'd, nicely put.

John00

Drop the knowledge on why skateshops and/or mom n pops can charge over box for SBs/Jordans but retailers like FTL, FNL, etc can't.

Last edited:

This is what gets me, I read that thread, and I was thinking to myself, this guy the owner or something? Dude seriously sounds powerless, and he's all on a message board whining. Wow. Thanks for clearing that up. You're absolutely right, the in-store will sell out dudes are ready to camp.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like them as of right now, but I might change my mind later.
Kind of interesting using that many different type of material on one shoe.~

John00

Drop the knowledge on why skateshops and/or mom n pops can charge over box for SBs/Jordans but retailers like FTL, FNL, etc can't.
Okay. You asked and I'll answer.

SB: Okay, first let me tell you that SB "suggested retail price" is just that, SUGGESTED. There's NO rules anywhere stating that as a SB dealer you HAVE to sale SBs for box price. So with that said, most shops don't. Most don't because of the hole they're in financially because of Nike SB in first place. I covered this in my post about "Skate shops loosing their accounts, Reason #4" (link in spoiler). Now, with the emergence of Nikestore having SB accounts, the landscape for SB dealers may change but as of NOW, it is what it is. Nikestores DO sell SBs for box price across the board, but that's because it's Nike. If they don't go by the suggested retail, who will?
John or anyone else, Anyone know is it possible for a shop to get dropped from their sb account? 
Man, I love when people ask me questions in here!

Okay, let's get this started!

I'm going to start at the very beginning to give you more of idea of how the machine works.

Getting your Nike SB account as a shop: Most shops that get Nike SB account don't start off getting anything more then GRs. Nike SB WILL NOT totally align themselves with you before they know you can move product for them. I know many shops that have been turned down a TON of times before they eventually got their SB account. Like I posted before SB is very into attaching themselves to shops that are popular and get lots of consumer traffic. If your shop doesn't fit that profile in your area, you'll be on the waiting list for a while. When you finally do get your account, they don't give you total control off the bat of your orders. They first send out a rep (usually the rep for your coast) and he gives you the once over. They check everything from your location, demographics and your shops history. Now, your location is researched because they need to know where the other closest SB dealer is to you, so they know how to or not how to allocate QS to you. This is the reason why some of you may have 3 SB shops in your city but ONLY ONE will get QS. Demographics are done so that they know what size ranges to give you (hence the fact that shops in LA get size 14 on the regular, while small town shops struggle getting anything above a size 12 unless they request it multiple times! And by "multiple times" I mean A BILLION TIMES!)  and what people are interested in within you area (racially, culturally, ect.). Demographics play a BIG part of you getting your account as well, if they don't feel like your town will buy into their product, they won't waste your time or theirs giving you anything. Shop history probably plays the single biggest role in it all. When SB sends that rep to your shop, he's not coming to be friendly, he's coming to do a FULL inspection of who will be representing Nike SB. Everything from shop cleanliness, to customer service will be evaluated. They'll want to know WHY you started the shop, to WHY you want to deal with SB. Everything is taken into account.

NOW, if you're allowed to get an account, you receive a HUGE *** starter packet. This packet is filled with legal forms, request forms, account activation forms and most importantly "THE DO'S AND DONT'S OF HAVING A NIKE SB ACCOUNT". THE "DO'S AND DONT'S OF HAVING A NIKE SB ACCOUNT" PAGE IS SOMETHING THEY DON'T PLAY AROUND WITH!

Now that I've explained HOW shops get in the door, I'm going to answer the heart of your question FOAM.

How you can lose your account:

Reason # 1 - Selling Product Before Release Date: Rather anyone has ever really known it or not, ALL SBs have had release dates on them. They are very loose on the this policy, but if you jump the gun and release something WAY before it supposed to be out, expect your rep to be giving you a call. Now, do some shops release stuff before they're really supposed too? Yeah. But let me tell you, if you're a BIG money maker for SB, they'll be a little bit more lenient on you then they would on some small shop that does it. Which is the reason that BP and Premier get away with doing it A LOT (mainly they release GRs a couple of days before the month that they're supposed to be released begins), they do crazy numbers for SB. But don't get it twisted, there no "inmates running the asylum mentality" here, SB will tag them when necessary. Remember when Premier was selling the McRads before they were supposed to drop at the beginning of the month? Then all of a sudden they weren't selling them until the 11th, lol. That's a Nike SB rep at work. They don't play that s**t.

Reason # 2 - Selling Online Without Authorization To Do So: This is clearly STATED in the packet and is probably one of the most commonly done things to get your account snatched, lol. I don't know why most shops that do this illegally think they can get away with it, but they get caught EVERYTIME. It's not like SB won't give you an online account, all you have to do is fill out the online account packet and you're good. I posted about this before so I won't go on and on about it but my last post will be quoted. It sums it up perfectly.
That's part of it but most of it is Nike's decision. To sell SB QS or GRs online you have to fill out and apply for that type of account. Most shops that are new wait monthes if not YEARS for an SB account. Once you get the account THEN you can apply for the online portion. If you're caught selling online and you don't have that type of account on file with Nike SB, say goodbye to your account. Let's just say, I MAY have seen a shop try and sell online without clearing it with Nike and it didn't work out for them. 
nerd.gif
       Quote:

Well to answer your question to the best of my ability, I think the motivation is to allow the skate shop to gain more product selling potential. I think people forget sometimes that the SAME marketing machine behind NIKE Sportswear, is behind NIKE SB as well. Nike SB gives those online contracts to established and trusted shops, it's not like you can be some rinky dink a*s shop and SB will allow you to represent them online. SB knows that the more official a shop becomes/is, there will be more traffic in and out that shop and they'll be more of an image boost to SB. SB isn't stupid, they know what they're doing (hints the fact that some of there BIGGEST online retailers (Civil, Supreme, Premier, Brooklyn Projects and SPOT ect. have/ are having/ or have had their own collabs with SB themselves as a "thank you" for repping SB and doing the sales numbers they do). Also, having an online SB retailer license now is more prevalent because of how many shops are closing down and how the recession has effected ALL shops every day customer based traffic. More people are shopping online now then ever and there also a segment of people who just don't have shop within reach. (North Dakota/South Dakota and certain parts of Virginia ect.) With that, SB knows that the shops that were hit the hardest by the recession were skate shops. FNL, Footlocker, Footaction and so on, are sports based retailers. They have ALL kinds of customers coming in there to make all kinds of purchases. On the other hand, skate shops only have 1 kind of customer....skater boarders. The same skaters that are notoriously broke and cheap. You have to give skate shops other ways to move product or they'll die.   

Now here's where the money really comes into the equation. SB knows that not everything that they put on shelves in certain places will sell equally in every market. They know that certain stuff will sell better in certain places and certain things will sit in certain places, that's just life. Well for example, if you have a kid that lives in LA were the BHM SB lows sold out in 3 seconds, look online and order them from a shop in West Virginia (no shots) where they're not moving AT ALL, all parties win. The kids gets the sneaker, the shop get the sale and SB gets to venture into another home and possibly gain another life long customer. It's genius. It's genius because they also can tell an shop that has a online account not to sell something online and they have to abide by that. So certain drops that SB want to keep "exclusive" or "limited" get a "in store only" tag, keeping that exclusive feel to SB. They did that with the RESN, Skunks, Non-tourage, Pushead 2's ect. and look at the demand for those drops during and after their releases.   
Reason # 3 - Selling Your Stock On Flight club (EBay ect.) And Screwing Over Your Normal Consumer Base: I remember Zedrok was having a problem with this at one of his locals. This is by far one of the hardest things to trace. As a rep, how would you know that ONE shop in your region is doing this without SOLID INFO? That's where the consumer comes in. If you know that your shop is selling EVERY pair that they have to resellers and YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT, I'd advise you to call Nike Help Line 1(800) 806-6453 and report it. With that said you NEED SOLID proof. Most resellers will provide this, out of stupidity. Here's a prime example, lets say......there maybe a couple of stock photos in this thread that were posted along time ago by a reseller. And because the reseller was stupid, the shops tags are VERY visible in said pictures. So, technically that would be considered solid info if I called Nike. They'd carry on their own investigation and let me tell you, the wrath that would ensue would be nothing nice. Anyone that believes that this won't work, research what happened to 21 Mercer after "All Day" posted pictures of 30 pairs of Yeezy 2 in his trunk and thanked them via IG. Nike had people calling them left and right for 3 days and 21 Mercer was on lock DOWN because of it.

Reason # 4 - Not Paying Your Bill On Time: THIS IS WHERE I BREAK DOWN THE MONEY! You guys CAN'T IMAGINE how many shops are thousands of dollars in debt to Nike SB. Basically this is how it works, Nike SB gives you an invoice and they ship you the monthly order. Now, when they ship it to you they automatically charge you for what ever you get shipped which for the most part is OUT OF YOUR CONTROL, whether you sell it or not, you WILL pay for it. Now mind you, the "suggested retail price" that you have to pay as a consumer ISN'T what your shop is paying to get the SB from Nike directly. Your shop is buying directly from Nike for 75%  of what you're paying (give or take a couple of bucks). Now, with that said, there's usually only 1 SB you can count on, if any, to SELL OUT AUTOMATICALLY......the quick strike. How many GRs do you see sit on shelves FOREVER verses QS that sit? This is why most shops jack there QS prices up. That bill needs to be paid in total monthly, or at least the shop needs to have there monthly installment. Now lets say SB ships them 3 months of total crap that isn't going anywhere and then they get a month where they get 2 HOT GRs and 1 SMOKING QS. Those 2 GRs and that 1 QS will be priced on the high side to attempt to recover from the 3 months of prior crap. I know it sucks but it is what it is. Another thing some shops do is look at there demographic and mark the SB up HIGH as a test price. Then they'll have a "sale" and basically sell the SB at close to "suggested retail price" (Ridefourever JUST did this exact thing).

So what happens to all the crap shoes that don't sell, John00? Well kids, your local either puts them on sale and takes a small loss in-house or they sell them back to Nike and take a bigger hit. Nike has a "buy back program" and it's grimey. Generally they'll buy sneakers back for $10-$15 less then what they sold them to you for. Then they'll take the sneaker and put it in their outlets and sell it for whatever "discounted price" they want. At the end of the day, they take NO LOSSES. It's crazy. I know people are like, "Why even have an account then?" Well, Nike SB has ONE OF THE HIGHEST PROFIT MARGINS of anything in the skate shop. Money talks, and we know what walks.

Edited by John00 - 3/30/13 at 8:44pm
JB: Now you wouldn't believe how similar SB and JB mentalities are when setting up accounts to their respective retailers and the similarities in problems that both of them cause for said retailers. With JB though, they're a lot more strict on the MSRP policy. Do Mom & Pops sell over box price? YES! But again, you can apply exactly what I said in my post about SB (Reason #4) to JB. It's hard for Mom and Pops my dude. I've NEVER seen a MAJOR retailer get away with selling JB over box price EVER. FNL, FL, (ect.) get ALL kinds of foot traffic. If they get stuck with some Tailwinds, they can afford to take a slight loss and put them on a major discount. But a Mom & Pop that barely gets half of that traffic will be HURTING if they do that, plus they're under constant pressure from Nike & JB  to upgrade their shop to keep their account. Money can get thin for a M & P real quick, and when that happens, "sh*t rolls down hill" as they say. 

Last edited:
^^^ahhhh I see. I swear aside from the dunk news I mostly come in here for the knowledge you drop. Hands down its amazing. that also explains why lots of shops that were around when SBs boomed on the scene are no longer around. I'm not sure if its the same people but I remember when the Hemps dropped it was 818 Skateshop that was having sidewalk auctions. there's two 818 Skateshops in LA (Granada Hills and Sunland). Like I said I could be wrong but that name sticks out to me.

Back
Top Bottom