2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

CMFTs came to the gig today

if it gets the seller to sell me the item.. i am okay with paying the fees. [emoji]128515[/emoji]

Im the same way, i dont mind paying the fees at all.  But i dont know why sellers (especially on FB groups) dont just build those fees into their prices.  I guess people out there really are gifting $500+ for shoes. Oh well.

A money request with a detailed description of the item offers the same protection as an invoice.
Yes but that's not what he's talking about. This guy wants him to GIFT payment which does NOT offer you any protection. Invoice/Money Request are the same except invoices give you a bit more control over item description, taxes, tracking sale etc.

i dont understand why people seem to care so much about that 2.9% + $0.30 paypal invoice fee (word to @DanVSMan  ).  Is it really that big of a deal?  maybe if i was selling something for over a grand, that could add up, but in that scenario i would DEFINITELY want an invoice.  Just seems like nickel and diming to me. 
mean.gif

I agree. On $600 the fees are $17.70. You're gonna kill a $600 deal over less than $20?

By the way, on $600, the fees are 2.95%  ≠ 4%

i dont understand why people seem to care so much about that 2.9% + $0.30 paypal invoice fee (word to @DanVSMan  ).  Is it really that big of a deal?  maybe if i was selling something for over a grand, that could add up, but in that scenario i would DEFINITELY want an invoice.  Just seems like nickel and diming to me. 
mean.gif
Big deal for people who are cheap. They're already making money and the want the fees covered? Too much of a hassle to deal with some people. Either use the service to make things convenient for you or do a meet up in cash.

they'd lose too much business.
Maybe, but they'd also get more sales, which would make them more money. Losing peoples business who are just listing things for high ball prices and then hoping to go through PayPal privately to save money on fees might not be so bad either.

PS, you ready to let them Size 11 Tiffs go yet? :lol:

A money request with a detailed description of the item offers the same protection as an invoice.
Yes but that's not what he's talking about. This guy wants him to GIFT payment which does NOT offer you any protection. Invoice/Money Request are the same except invoices give you a bit more control over item description, taxes, tracking sale etc.

Understood, but the guy literally said "money request" .

Maybe, but they'd also get more sales, which would make them more money. Losing peoples business who are just listing things for high ball prices and then hoping to go through PayPal privately to save money on fees might not be so bad either.

PS, you ready to let them Size 11 Tiffs go yet?
laugh.gif
haha still 50/50 on those... will let you know though I generally sell kicks i don't want for cheap cheap

When you guys say detailed invoice, what exactly should that include?
All I ask is that the invoice be detailed with Shoe Name listed on box (not nickname), Size, Style Code (xxxxxx-xxx), condition, and Color of shoe to be included in the invoice description. Double boxing should be noted on the PayPal Invoice as well.

everyone in here talking about "must send invoice"...guess nobody in here would ever cop from Corgishoes then (doesnt send invoice, cash must be gifted & not through paypal)

sellers who dont send an invoice dont do it to save money, they do it cuz scumbag buyers (they exist) place false claims with paypal saying they recieved fakes or bricks instead of the actual product. We all know who PP sides with 99% of the time...

Last edited:
Not true, actually. eBay used to charge per listing but did away with the listing fees (for the most part, not completely, because they do free listings 3 weeks out of every month for some "special" reason). This, in turn, brought more people to the site since they could list without paying a fee every time the item did not sell (a MAJOR deterrent for people looking to gauge the market). More people listing anything naturally means more sales which means more money for eBay. It was a smart move and in line with the rest of the shoe industry, at the very least (think Kixify or Flight Club etc all make commissions on sales ONLY).
Understood, but the guy literally said "money request" .
Yeah, that's my bad. I just assumed he meant gifted because why would you say you want to avoid fees if the method you're suggesting does not help you avoid fees at all?
When you guys say detailed invoice, what exactly should that include?
Style Code, Year of Release, 100% authentic, Condition, Size, and maybe goes-withs (OG ALL, OG NONE, Box only, Laces only, no laces, etcetcetc)

Thanks guys. I asked cause I told someone to send a detailed invoice and it was "Nike SB Goofy Boy Mid-Authentic Nike SB sneakers,purchased from North Jersey Nike Outlet store. In near mint condition,wore once. Size 14". Sounds good to me from what you guys are telling me. He didnt have og box to begin with

Last edited:
everyone in here talking about "must send invoice"...guess nobody in here would ever cop from Corgishoes then (doesnt send invoice, cash must be gifted & not through paypal)
I know that corgi is legit, but I still wouldn't feel comfortable buying from him. I know it is to protect him, and if the seller is legit, no buyer protection is needed. I just don't like the idea of putting my money in someone's hands like that and trusting they won't **** me over. 

everyone in here talking about "must send invoice"...guess nobody in here would ever cop from Corgishoes then (doesnt send invoice, cash must be gifted
I know that corgi is legit, but I still wouldn't feel comfortable buying from him. I know it is to protect him, and if the seller is legit, no buyer protection is needed. I just don't like the idea of putting my money in someone's hands like that and trusting they won't **** me over. 

Ditto.

Any old head remember Old Man Wearing Nikes?

Dude was as legit as they come until he dipped out with 30+ members loot.

sellers who dont send an invoice dont do it to save money, they do it cuz scumbag buyers (they exist) place false claims with paypal saying they recieved fakes or bricks instead of the actual product. We all know who PP sides with 99% of the time...

Knock on wood I have never had anyone file a complaint against me and I've moved alot of shoes. I would think if you get enough shout outs on a twitter feed or something saying you're legit that you might be able to demand payment via gift, but until you get a history of taking care of your buyers, you're going to have to go the invoice route to protect both parties.

I remember the thread in General where DJ Proto J sent some dude like $1600 as a gift for Yeezy's to save like $70 and the dude scammed him :lol:

Back
Top Bottom